Any news on The Tiki Room?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fractal514

Original Poster
With the extended refurbishment and the rumors of the pre-show birds being removed... I was just wondering if we could get any info from those in the know as to what exactly is happening with this once great, now less so, attraction.

Thrill Seeker

I've heard some light rumors, one of which I doubt, but still, it would be nice. That of course is that the original show is being restored. Again, I doubt it, but it would be nice.

rodserling27

I read over at Progress City that the Iago AA had NOT been ordered to replace the burnt one, and also that the two birds in the pre-show have been removed as well. Hmmmmmmm!!

Fractal514

Original Poster
I was listening to the original intro song yesterday... The Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Room! And it is just so silly and catchy, and wonderful. If WDW does revert away from the garish mistake that is UNM, I will be so grateful.

cassiedoodle

My family and I took my husband to WDW for the first time 3 years ago. Before his first trip, we would listen to the original Tiki Room show on CD and he LOVED it. He was so excited to see the show when we when to MK. I told him that it was very different from the original but that didn't dampen his excitement.
No words can express the look of sheer disappointment on his face while watching UNM. That show is painful to watch!

BelleofDE

I went through at watched the original at Disneyland on YouTube. I want that brought to WDW!!!

I'm still gonna dream that it can happen!

zurgandfriend

My family and I took my husband to WDW for the first time 3 years ago. Before his first trip, we would listen to the original Tiki Room show on CD and he LOVED it. He was so excited to see the show when we when to MK. I told him that it was very different from the original but that didn't dampen his excitement.
No words can express the look of sheer disappointment on his face while watching UNM. That show is painful to watch!

We know that feeling!

When my son was a little we would play the original Tiki Room song and he would dance around the room. When he first experienced "Under New Management? version at age 7 he had tears in his eyes he was so upset.

PurpleRose

I have the original song on my pc and on my mp3 player. Sometimes I would walk around singing it or even send lyrics to my husband in a text message when I am in a silly mood. He got excited to see the show I loved when we went this past May. I had told him that it was different now but I let him make up his own mind. As soon as Iago came down, he turned to me and asked to leave. He said he just didn't get why I loved it so much till we got home from our trip and I pulled the original show up on YouTube.

I actually like the pre-show birds, just not the under new management show itself.

Probably no way at all to retain them if they're reverting to the old show (thankfully). But, makes me a little sad. I'll take the original show though

puntagordabob

I have the original song on my pc and on my mp3 player. Sometimes I would walk around singing it or even send lyrics to my husband in a text message when I am in a silly mood. He got excited to see the show I loved when we went this past May. I had told him that it was different now but I let him make up his own mind. As soon as Iago came down, he turned to me and asked to leave. He said he just didn't get why I loved it so much till we got home from our trip and I pulled the original show up on YouTube.

Your husband is a smart smart guy! :) hehe.... of course my wife was negative about the UNM show too and didnt understand my love of the Tiki Room (even after showing her videos!) until we went to DL in fall 2010 and she saw the show AS IT SHOULD BE.... Now she understands the difference... and it is an epic difference for sure

aladdin2007

I love The Tiki Room and what date will be reopen the Tiki Room?:confused:

June is how it stands now. Its all been very hush hush as to exactly what is going on. This is their chance though to make it good again. There is the 40th anniversary coming up, chattering around and about says they wanted the original show to come back for it. So will see. :shrug:

Ignohippo

My five year old son and I were at MK the night of the fire. The Tiki Room was one of the main things he wanted to do. Unfortunately, we kinda rushed from place to place all night and didn't make it over there. Had we gone, it would've been just before the fire (we were on that side of the park in the early evening). He cried in the car on the way home when he realized we never made it over there. It wasn't until the next day that we found out about the fire.

No one will be happier than me if the original show is brought back. The UNM show is like nails on a chalkboard. Still, there's a little bit of sadness that we had the chance to see one of the very last shows of it (or even better, been in the audience during Iago's "toasty" moment).

fbp

I'd love it if the original came back. I've never seen it.

I do enjoy UNM though. Maybe I wouldn't if I had seen the original.

To the poster above whose child cried in disappointment upon watching UNM. That's kind of hilarious. Talk about committed. I hope he gets a chance to see the original.

aladdin2007

I think the Sherman Brothers should get together again and write us a new song for the attraction. :)

True, can you imagine all the songs that could have been part of shows and attractions from them? peoplemover and maybe the railroad, and and wow too many to name. They were going to or they did write one for Maelstrom during its design, but the sponsors didnt want it in the end.

TP2000

Sure would be very happy if TDO announces the old show is indeed coming to the MK this summer....

I'm sure they won't let us down, and that is indeed the plan.

I can't imagine why they would have the show closed this long if they were just fixing some fire damage and bringing back UNM. I'm sure TDO has a little 40th Anniversary present up their sleeves for us, and the original Tropical Serenade is coming back this June.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom