Free Dining Plan

MsSnuzi

Original Poster
Hi all!

I know there is a variety of opinions on the Dining plan, so please go easy on me :lookaroun

Just wondered if anyone knew if Disney announced a free dining option for 2011, I thought I heard somewhere that it was offered to bookings starting August 19,2011.

Thanks for any help - taking a group down for Magic Music Days and it would be a deciding factor for some of our families.
:)

DisneyJoe

It was already offered for certain dates in 2011, and had to be booked by December 19 or 20.

I bet booking will open back up in late March for August-September travel dates.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Normally the mid-August through early-October free dining is announced in April. First for Disney Visa cardholders then a few days later for the general public.

MsSnuzi

Original Poster
Thanks! We are planning on an August 22nd performance, still waiting to hear back on our application.

If we book ahead of time and the offer comes out, will we still be eligible for it? I have a pin code for 35% off room rates that I want to use.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Thanks! We are planning on an August 22nd performance, still waiting to hear back on our application.

If we book ahead of time and the offer comes out, will we still be eligible for it? I have a pin code for 35% off room rates that I want to use.
Depending on where you're staying and how many in your party, that pin code may be a much better deal than free dining.

Make sure you do the math...

Disney has always been very good to give me the discounts even after booking at a higher rate. I like to try and lock in my dates as early as possible and wait for the deals to come. Sometimes it works out, sometimes I need to be a little flexible in order to take advantage of the offers.

eddiemcgarrigle

Here in Scotland, the local travel agents have been offering free dining with almost every booking for those visiting in 2011 (very few dates are exempt from the offer) and I've got my fingers crossed that the same will apply when I book for my stay in 2012.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

It will all depend on availability. Worst case you might have to switch resorts.

4everDory

I did see on another website today that Disney is NOT planning on offering the Free Dining again this year. Depending on how full the resorts are, another discount may be offered, but Free Dining is over and done with for this year, acc. to what I read.

DisneyJoe

I did see on another website today that Disney is NOT planning on offering the Free Dining again this year. Depending on how full the resorts are, another discount may be offered, but Free Dining is over and done with for this year, acc. to what I read.

LOL - did they hear that from a bus driver?

mickeysshoes

I agree 100% with what MontyMon is saying here. I booked back in late 8/10 for this coming 8/11 with the free dinning. There are 4 of us...3 adults and 1 kid..staying at the Boardwalk Inn. We booked free dinning and upgraded to deluxe. Then a few weeks ago the promo came out for 40% off Deluxe resorts for the same dates we will be there. I called and stoke with a very nice CM and with a few key strokes he told me that the with same exact same package I have booked already appling the 40% off room rate will save me over $200 per room...that was a over $400 savings for me. So with only a minute or 2 of holding he did what he needed and rebooked with the room discount and nothing including my reservation #s chnaged. No since i booked last august i have gotten 2 pin codes and i called to see how they price out...and they would have cost me more. Hope this help you understand how it can work and you should do i call and they will run the numbers for you. Just remember you have ask promotions...CM will not offer!!! Good luck!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom