Disney Hotel Restaurants for people staying offsite?

pjulie75

Original Poster
Hi

we are off to Hilton Bonnet Creek this year for 16 nights, usually stay at POFQ, but parents fancied a change. Can we still visit the Disney Hotels for food or is it just for hotel guests?

We used to like the food court at POFQ and would be keen to go back.

Thanks

Julie

Pioneer Hall

Yes, you can definitely eat at any of the resorts. Just tell them what you are doing when you get to the security gate and show them your ID.

Dad 2 M & M

Hi

we are off to Hilton Bonnet Creek this year for 16 nights, usually stay at POFQ, but parents fancied a change. Can we still visit the Disney Hotels for food or is it just for hotel guests?

We used to like the food court at POFQ and would be keen to go back.

Thanks

Julie
Yes you can eat at the resorts. I assume you will be going to the parks, and if that is the case, I suggest using the WDW transportation from the park to the resort and then back to the park.

pjulie75

Original Poster
Perfect, my mum was convinced you had to confirm you were a guest using your room key and wasn't sure about security, as we used to show our pass there too. Which ID do we need to show?

Would be great to go and try our some more restaurants, went to Ohana and Grand Floridian last year, was lovely to experience the beautiful hotels.

tigsmom

Perfect, my mum was convinced you had to confirm you were a guest using your room key and wasn't sure about security, as we used to show our pass there too. Which ID do we need to show?

Would be great to go and try our some more restaurants, went to Ohana and Grand Floridian last year, was lovely to experience the beautiful hotels.

Anybody can eat or shop at the Disney hotel restaurants; if you are planning on going to a table service one make sure you make reservations. When you get to the security gate they will ask for your name to check against the ADR list. They may or may not ask for ID (driver's license) and you may or may not get a temp parking pass, I have found this varies from hotel to hotel.
You can self park or valet park,l but if you get the chance to use WDW transportation I would do that as you avoid the security gate.

Rob562

Disney turn AWAY money? Surely you jest! :ROFLOL:

Definetly go to the restaurants and enjoy!

The rule of thumb is that if it's something at the hotel that requires an extra fee to do (boat rental, bike rental, restaurants, shopping, spa services, etc) it's no problem for non-hotel guests to visit and do those activities.

The grey area comes when you start talking about using activities that are "free" at the hotel, like using the pool, laying out on the beach, using a hammock, etc.

-Rob

sbkline

The rule of thumb is that if it's something at the hotel that requires an extra fee to do (boat rental, bike rental, restaurants, shopping, spa services, etc) it's no problem for non-hotel guests to visit and do those activities.

The grey area comes when you start talking about using activities that are "free" at the hotel, like using the pool, laying out on the beach, using a hammock, etc.

-Rob

Grey area? What grey area? It's black and white, dude. The folks who do those things are vile, dishonest filth. They are the scum of the Earth, and if they steal those services that are available to paying guests, then they probably shoplift and cheat old ladies out of their social security checks. :lookaroun

And isn't it gray, not grey? :D

Rob562

Grey area? What grey area? It's black and white, dude. The folks who do those things are vile, dishonest filth. They are the scum of the Earth, and if they steal those services that are available to paying guests, then they probably shoplift and cheat old ladies out of their social security checks. :lookaroun

And isn't it gray, not grey? :D

Well, pool hopping is B&W in my eyes, grey in others'. But I was more referring to laying on the beach or hopping in a hammock for 10 minutes... Where does the line fall?

(Uh oh, this may be going downhill now...)

Oh, and grey and gray are essentially inter-changeable. "Gray" is more typical in the US, "grey" is more of a UK thing. (Of course I'm not from the UK...)

-Rob

sbkline

Well, pool hopping is B&W in my eyes, grey in others'. But I was more referring to laying on the beach or hopping in a hammock for 10 minutes... Where does the line fall?

(Uh oh, this may be going downhill now...)

Oh, and grey and gray are essentially inter-changeable. "Gray" is more typical in the US, "grey" is more of a UK thing. (Of course I'm not from the UK...)

-Rob

What about using the Jon? If I stop by a resort to walk around and check out the grounds, am I allowed the use of the loo, or is that for paying guests only? :ROFLOL:

Sorry, I'm not attempting to make fun of you, or anything like that so I hope you don't take it that way. But I can't help think of that example, after my brother made the comment once that pulling off at a Mickey D's to use the can is theft of bathroom services, unless you buy something while you're in there. LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom