where should M&M's country houses go?

where would you put M&M's country houses?

• Camp MinnieMickey in AK

Votes: 32 28.1%
  • Downtown Disney

Votes: 25 21.9%
  • playground/day care area of Animation Suites

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • museum of obsolete attractions

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • nearest landfill

Votes: 21 18.4%

• Total voters

Lucky

Original Poster
What would you do with Mickey's and Minnie's country houses when Toontown is dismantled?

Disney05

I was looking for DHS too. Just think it's a shame to tear them down. But with Disney's reputation for getting rid of popular attractions I guess it's ok with them.

Lucky

Original Poster
OK, feel free to "vote" for DHS in your posts, and we'll count them too.

I should have remembered DHS as an option some people have suggested.

tmp

I know my daughters will miss them, but they can go in the landfill. If they can't keep classic attractions they do not need to keep these.

imagineer boy

I say wait until Pixie Hollow becomes unpopular and the franchise forgotten about, tear it down and build a new and improved Toon Town similar to the one in DL! :sohappy:

danstadnik

Its funny, I've been thinking DD or the new Resort for awhile now. They're just fake houses that take three minutes to walk through. They are kinda cute and my kids got a kick out of them, but they don't deserve to be in one of the four parks anymore, IMO.

MickeyMind

dont make pixie hollow, and make a good toontown like in dl.. simple, pretty much the whole expansion is geared towards little girls, toontown is neutral and would be a much needed and better fit than ph

Krack

If it were up to me, I'd move them to Downtown Disney and turn that place into Meet & Greet central. Now that Pleasure Island is FUBARed, there's nothing else going on there. Then, perhaps, the characters could stroll through the park occassionally without it turning into a soccer mom-induced mob scene. Oh, it might also force WDW to stop pretending meet & greets are "attractions".

mp2bill

I'd get rid of the Honey I Shrunk the Kids: Movie Set Adventure in DHS and create a new and improved Toontown Fair there. I could be wrong, but it seems like there's plenty of space there.

RAXIP

I'd get rid of the Honey I Shrunk the Kids: Movie Set Adventure in DHS and create a new and improved Toontown Fair there. I could be wrong, but it seems like there's plenty of space there.

You are correct that you are wrong. There is not enough space in that area.

DHS. Something new needs to be put around the Animation Building. I think pretty much anything can be built in DHS now because it's more like celebration of entertainment.

GrumpyFan

I've posted a few different thoughts on what to do with them, one was for a WDW History Center with retired attractions, the other was for a fully detailed Camp Experience to enhnace what's already at AK. Here's an excerpt for the camp idea I posted on my blog awhile back about what to do with M&M's houses.
Since Toontown is certain to be headed for the wrecking ball in the near future, why not take the concept for Mickey and Minnie’s houses at Magic Kingdom, and create something similar here in the camp. Build a real-looking camp with walk-thru cabins for the characters. There could be a guys cabin which would pretty much be a disaster similar to Mickey’s house, and would have clothes and sleeping bags strewn everywhere as well as other messes for Mickey, Goofy and Donald. Then there could be the girls cabin which would be clean and pristine kind of like Minnie’s house and girly of course for Minnie and Daisy. The place could be decorated inside and out with their crafts and artwork created from previous years. They could even bring over some of the artwork from the existing houses in Toontown. Another idea might be tents. Setup some tents for Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald with views of their stuff inside their tents. Of course Goofy and Donald’s tents would be somewhat of a mess.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom