Discovery Island - Worth it?

Bigart

Interesting stuff.
and yes it looks dangerous in many respects. Don't try this at home.
I wonder if the Cavys are still there...

joe80x86

While I would highly recommend against it. I would say it sounds like it would be a pretty cool experience.

Rent a cabin at ft wilderness

Snorkel out there with a wet suit in the middle of the night with supplies

Stay out there during the day for photos. I cant imagine judging from that previously linked blog that they have any type of security patrols, so if you stay away from the shore you should be pretty safe during the day. Then the next night pack up and head back to ft. wilderness.

Oh, and most importantly post the great photos you get here!:sohappy:

TrevorA

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
^Hah, I'm not sure about the fortune part - unless you had something in mind...:lookaroun

---TrevorA

mickey2008.1

That blog pge is awesome! They should improve the isalnd and make it into an adventure like on the blog. Go on a mission like dinosaur. Put a zip line in. i see alot of potential for a reality adventure like place, even though i live in reality every day.

IHeartArt

Dude, if you wanna UrbEx on Disney property, maybe you could try River Country or a safer place that Disney has abandoned. Maybe the Century Resorts over at Pop Century?

MagicMegan

I've always wondered what it would be like on the island while going by in boats, since I'm only 25 and don't consiously remember ever being on Discovery Island. I've tried coming up with plans to get on it too, but I never had the cubes to actually do it haha.

ntoeman

Ya from going around it a few times on Sea Racers, I dont think I'd wanna run into some of those birds chillin over there or anything else that lives on the island that you can't see from the water....I would however try going near River Country if possible from the Fort Wilderness side.

BenS

Discovery Island? I fear to set foot on that land. TDO delved too greedily and too deep. You know not what they awoke in the darkness of Bay Lake...shadow and flame.

(No seriously, willfully trespassing is a misdemeanor at least. Don't take home a criminal record as a souvenir.)

Bigart

Discovery Island is obviously in a bad state. It's a shame because in its prime it was a really really cool place. I believe a cast member got in trouble for trying to control the vulture infestation with a shotgun. Not sure when it was officially closed.

There is no question if caught explorers would be in some deep s--t. Also if creeping around at night there would be snakes and critters galore waiting to snack on a fleshy leg. The photos on the blog are amazingly creepy. Those guys had some stones.

Figment632

I wouldn't try it they have velociraptor guards!

velociraptor_6001.jpg

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I say go for it. It seems to me that the priority level for Disney of making sure Discovery Island is not being trespassed on would be pretty low, considering how few people would actually attempt such an adventure. If you are willing to go for a swim in the night, then spend the day and swim back in the morning then you should at the very least avoid any legal troubles. However if you do get hurt over there, you may be in a little bit of a pickle.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I say go for it. It seems to me that the priority level for Disney of making sure Discovery Island is not being trespassed on would be pretty low, considering how few people would actually attempt such an adventure. If you are willing to go for a swim in the night, then spend the day and swim back in the morning then you should at the very least avoid any legal troubles. However if you do get hurt over there, you may be in a little bit of a pickle.

After reading this, Pumbas is right- the gene pool can afford the hit....

scottnj1966

Security would stop you before you knew what happened.
I got to close to the island 3 years ago and before I knew I was asked to move away from the island from their own personal coast guard :)

I have a feeling that this may turn into a "Holy lord, I can't believe he said that" type of thread, but I'm gonna go ahead anyway.

Suppose someone wanted to make an "excursion" over to Discovery Island. Would one encounter any problems along the way, and is it even worth it?

---TrevorA

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom