Fresh FLE News for March 2010

EPCOT Explorer

They would always need a minimum number functioning. Then if the crowds are anticipated to be higher than normal the just open additional m&g's. Similar to how the add extra hours on heavy days or run one side of SM on low days and both sides when warrented. WDW74 talks about how they use ride throughput as crowd control all the time.

:shrug:

Methinks you are dodging the question, or you just don't get that I'm asking about the CONTENT of the FLE, here.

:wave:

jt04

Original Poster
:shrug:

Methinks you are dodging the question, or you just don't get that I'm asking about the CONTENT of the FLE, here.

:wave:

You are right, I have absolutely no idea what you are getting at. Whether they have 6 m&g's or 12, what is the difference? I'm only saying they need enough to meet demand and they should be flexible. Some days they would operate 6 and some days they could operate all 12 depending on crowds/wait times. Seems a reasonable solution.:shrug:

EPCOT Explorer

You are right, I have absolutely no idea what you are getting at. Whether they have 6 m&g's or 12, what is the difference? I'm only saying they need enough to meet demand and they should be flexible. Some days they would operate 6 and some days they could operate all 12 depending on crowds/wait times. Seems a reasonable solution.:shrug:

If they are that easy to open and close, then, why are they so important? Where's the SUBSTANCE in them? Something of that nature (normally) does not make a whole land.

A real reasonable "anchor" for a land are rides.

In metaphorical terms....You don't open a new wing of a mall with just kiosks that can open and close depending on crowds. You open with an Anchor store to ALWAYS draw crowds in.

jt04

Original Poster
[/B]

If they are that easy to open and close, then, why are they so important? Where's the SUBSTANCE in them? Something of that nature (normally) does not make a whole land.

In metaphorical terms....You don't open a new wing of a mall with just kiosks that can open and close depending on crowds. You open with an Anchor store to ALWAYS draw crowds in.

Mermaid, Dumbo, and the planned m&g's are the "anchors" in your comparisson. To take it another step, malls often rent out store fronts for seasonal sales that are otherwise empty. Happens all the time. That would compare to what I'm suggesting.

EPCOT Explorer

Mermaid, Dumbo, and the planned m&g's are the "anchors" in your comparisson. To take it another step, malls often rent out store fronts for seasonal sales that are otherwise empty. Happens all the time. That would compare to what I'm suggesting.

I don't see Dumbo as a anchor. It's a B tic and it's getting plussed.

TLM would come close, but we shall see about it's status...e it D or E. Besides...it would be better if it was unique, but we can't help if DCA just announced it first. :)

....Or we borrowed it. :lookaroun

jt04

Original Poster
I don't see Dumbo as a anchor. It's a B tic and it's getting plussed.

TLM would come close, but we shall see about it's status...e it D or E. Besides...it would be better if it was unique, but we can't help if DCA just announced it first. :)

....Or we borrowed it. :lookaroun

Don't forget FL will still also have Pooh, SWSA, Carousel, Philharmagic, PPF, IaSW and tea cups. Not exactly sparse offerings. The FLE is not a new land, it's an expansion of an existing land.

EPCOT Explorer

Don't forget FL will still also have Pooh, SWSA, Carousel, Philharmagic, PPF, IaSW and tea cups. Not exactly sparse offerings. The FLE is not a new land, it's an expansion of an existing land.
That already exists in the old FL.
I'm just talking about the new stuff....which is the problem.

jt04

Original Poster
That already exists in the old FL.
I'm just talking about the new stuff....which is the problem.

So we are supposed to believe according to some of our posters here. But as I said, I'm not drinking the kool-aid. Nor would any other reasonable person.

Some folks just want to stir the pot and give TDO headaches.:rolleyes: I'm certain you are not one of them however.

There is no controversy. :wave:

BigThunderMatt

[/B]

You do realize these M&Gs are going to be NOTHING like the current ones right? These are interactive experiences that will take upwards of 30 minutes. This isn't just an overly themed "OK let's take a picture with Cinderella" and move on in 5 minutes.

Think of them more as interactive shows with relatively small audiences for each show.

Wilt Dasney

So we are supposed to believe according to some of our posters here. But as I said, I'm not drinking the kool-aid. Nor would any other reasonable person.

Some folks just want to stir the pot and give TDO headaches.:rolleyes: I'm certain you are not one of them however.

Nothing personal, but this is a very poor argument IMO.

Martin is one of the most respected, knowledgeable members around here and he's expressed disappointment with the expansion, just as one example. It's a legitimate point of view.

jt04

Original Poster
Nothing personal, but this is a very poor argument IMO.

Martin is one of the most respected, knowledgeable members around here and he's expressed disappointment with the expansion, just as one example. It's a legitimate point of view.

I respect Matin but he is fallable. I disagree with him.

Now you claim I made a poor argument, but you then offer no refutation of my points. So, where does that leave us? :shrug:

EPCOT Explorer

Some folks just want to stir the pot and give TDO headaches.
:rolleyes: I'm certain you are not one of them however.

If that's what you want to believe, believe.
No one's stopping you. :rolleyes:
You do realize these M&Gs are going to be NOTHING like the current ones right? These are interactive experiences that will take upwards of 30 minutes. This isn't just an overly themed "OK let's take a picture with Cinderella" and move on in 5 minutes.

Think of them more as interactive shows with relatively small audiences for each show.
I think ONE will be like that, and it'll be Cinderella's...and possibly the PH one, if that get's it's wings.

That said...I'm not judging them, but I am cautious of what will be done there. It's a concept that could get old, and do so quickly. :lol:

We shall see. Hopefully things change.

jt04

Original Poster

Yes, thanks for making my point for me.

jt04

Original Poster
If that's what you want to believe, believe.
No one's stopping you. :rolleyes:

I think ONE will be like that, and it'll be Cinderella's...and possibly the PH one, if that get's it's wings.

That said...I'm not judging them, but I am cautious of what will be done there. It's a concept that could get old, and do so quickly. :lol:

We shall see. Hopefully things change.

What about the magic mirror, LM's m&g (which we have no details on) and it appears the cottage will also have effects. Nothing needs to change cause they have this right.

Wilt Dasney

I respect Matin but he is fallable. I disagree with him.

That's reasonable...but it's not the point you were making. See below.

Now you claim I made a poor argument, but you then offer no refutation of my points. So, where does that leave us? :shrug:
Your points (such as they were) were to imply that people who express disappointment with this project are "Kool-aid drinkers" out to "stir the pot and give TDO headaches." That's not argument; it's an unsubstantiated attempt to dismiss people you disagree with out of hand as conspiracy theorists and malcontents.

In other words, there was nothing of substance that required refuting; the entire tone of the post was flawed if the goal is a genuine give-and-take based on honest discussion.

EPCOT Explorer

What about the magic mirror, LM's m&g (which we have no details on) and it appears the cottage will also have effects. Nothing needs to change cause they have this right.

Basically sums up the whole expansion, seeing the D23 Event fell flat in that respect. Based on the minimal information we have, I'm making a preliminary opinion. That, of course, will change as new info is received.

However, the practice of inflating and spinning the facts to make things look fine is what bothers me. You appear to be following Disney very well in doing it. :lol:

What I mean by all this is....We need to wait. I'm anxious and optimistic for what they'll do here, but it's not without doubt, seeing that their past ventures were lack luster. We shall see.

jt04

Original Poster
That's reasonable...but it's not the point you were making. See below.

Your points (such as they were) were to imply that people who express disappointment with this project are "Kool-aid drinkers" out to "stir the pot and give TDO headaches." That's not argument; it's an unsubstantiated attempt to dismiss people you disagree with out of hand as conspiracy theorists and malcontents.

In other words, there was nothing of substance that required refuting; the entire tone of the post was flawed if the goal is a genuine give-and-take based on honest discussion.

I've provided plenty of reasons why I think this will work. Of course John Lasseter gave the best explanation I've read. But I guess you are saying the ditractors here know better than JL. Everyone "disappointed" with this is not stirring the pot, including Martin, but there are folks here who are waging a PR campaign. We have discussed this to death. The argument that FL won't have enough attractions is just not supported by the reality of the situation. Not even close.

Now, I fully understand that some people would rather see the money go to attractions they want. But that just seems a bit selfish to me. There are plenty of attractions at WDW that offer thrills or edutainment or other stuff that appeals to an older demo. Having a land that is largely dedicated to young families would be pleasing to Walt IMO.

jt04

Original Poster
Basically sums up the whole expansion, seeing the D23 Event fell flat in that respect. Based on the minimal information we have, I'm making a preliminary opinion. That, of course, will change as new info is received.

However, the practice of inflating and spinning the facts to make things look fine is what bothers me. You appear to be following Disney very well in doing it. :lol:

What I mean by all this is....We need to wait. I'm anxious and optimistic for what they'll do here, but it's not without doubt, seeing that their past ventures were lack luster. We shall see.

I see you are back in your armchair CEO mode. Disney has a reason for dribbling out the information. It creates buzz, publicity and excitement. They certainly don't owe bloggers and forum posters any explanation. I appreciate they are not intimidated by a bunch of clowns anonamously posting on the webz :p:lol:

EPCOT Explorer

I've provided plenty of reasons why I think this will work. Of course John Lasseter gave the best explanation I've read. But I guess you are saying the ditractors here know better than JL. Everyone "disappointed" with this is not stirring the pot, including Martin, but there are folks here who are waging a PR campaign. We have discussed this to death. The argument that FL won't have enough attractions is just not supported by the reality of the situation. Not even close.

Now, I fully understand that some people would rather see the money go to attractions they want. But that just seems a bit selfish to me. There are plenty of attractions at WDW that offer thrills or edutainment or other stuff that appeals to an older demo. Having a land that is largely dedicated to young families would be pleasing to Walt IMO.

So, that has not stopped you from posting a "Way to go TDO" at the drop of a hat. :lol: If anything, that blind approval seems like PR.

Being selfish has nothing to do with it. It's about quality and substance. You know what Walt did for young families? Be built Dark Rides. In 1955, and in 1983. I don't see why they can't do that in 2010.

EPCOT Explorer

I see you are back in your armchair CEO mode. Disney has a reason for dribbling out the information. It creates buzz, publicity and excitement. They certainly don't owe bloggers and forum posters any explanation. I appreciate they are not intimidated by a bunch of clowns anonamously posting on the webz :p:lol:

Same mode, as always, jt. There's been no consequential news on this since the Expo, even though there have been several opportunities to do so. They don't owe us anything, but they are doing themselves a disservice by letting the waters grow cold. Sounds like PI.

And look at WoC. Every few days, an update. THAT'S Buzz.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom