Dumbo closing before new Dumbo opens?

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Original Poster
I had this thought while I was at MK last week, as popular as the Dumbo ride is (despite the fact that there are 2 very similar rides in MK), do you think Disney would close the current Dumbo ride before opening the 2 new ones, or try to coordinate where the new one opens at the same time the old one closes?

DisneyParksFan1

I think it close first because if you look at the concept art, and the blueprint, you will see the castle walls will take over the area where Dumbo is currently at. Tourists will sadly have to suck it up and go to the Carousel. Lol... Or Aladdin's Magic Carpets.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Original Poster
I think it close first because if you look at the concept art, and the blueprint, you will see the castle walls will take over the area where Dumbo is currently at. Tourists will sadly have to suck it up and go to the Carousel. Lol... Or Aladdin's Magic Carpets.

right, when it's entirely open, but I'm thinking this would open in phases, not all at once

DisneyParksFan1

Well, Dumbo's Circus is part of Phase 1 of the Expansion. So it will open in 2012. The castle walls are also part of Phase 1 which means they will open along with Dumbo and the rest of Phase 1. The castle walls are housed where Dumbo currently is located, therefore having Dumbo being demolished and making tourists wait for the Expansion to wait. I'm not sure if i'm making my point clear...

EDIT:

Phase I: Cinderella Area, Belle Area, Ariel Area, Dumbo's Circus, Castle Walls, new Winnie the Pooh area, new Train Station, new Barnstormer as a part of Dumbo's Circus.
Phase II: Pixie Hollow(imagineers hinted towards an attraction for this area).
Still questionable: New teacups area, Casey Jr.

EPCOTPluto

I would want to say "No!" because for the time being, if it's to close in early 2010, that would be quite a closure.

Not to mention the crowds going elsewhere, IMO.

_Scar

Maybe I've not understood this but isn't our Dumbo being moved to thenew location and a new one will be built or are they both new?

DisneyParksFan1

You mean Tokyo's classic style high capacity Dumbo?

Yeah, lolz. I'm hoping that's sarcasm. :lol:

Tokyo Disneyland
Dumbo%201.jpg

Magic Kingdom

dumbo_wdw2004werner.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom