Any Truth To This? 15 Month AP Renewal

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
Original Poster
Posted on another forum.

Effective Sunday August 2, 2009 there is a change in policy concerning renewal of certain Annual Passes.

This change applies to: Tourist Premium Annual Pass, Tourist Annual Pass, Florida Resident Premium Annual Pass, Florida Resident Annual Pass, and Florida Resident Seasonal Pass.

This change specifically does not apply to Epcot After 4:00 Annual Pass, Water Parks Annual Pass, or Disney Quest Annual Pass.

The notice did not say anything about the DVC Member AP or PAP or the Charter AP or PAP.

Effective August 2, 2009 renewals within 30 days before or after the expiration date will receive an additional three months and will be valid for 15 months from the expiration date of the current Pass.

Renewal Exchange Vouchers sold prior to August 2, 2009 may be redeemed with this offer provided the renewal is occurring August 2, 2009 or later.

There was no indication in the notice of an expiration date of this policy, but there was the standard disclaimer of "Offer dates are subject to change without notice".

MissM

Oh man, that would be awesome. Unfortunately, I just renewed the weekend before my birthday. (So next May when it expires it'll be six days before my birthday again. Boo.)

jt04

If they want to sell AP's, they need to allow you the option to be billed in monthly increments like some other parks do. Then the price becomes very reasonable to the average family.

RSoxNo1

Wow, a very nice move by the Mouse.

I bet someone on these forums will find a way to say its bad.

Oh man, that would be awesome. Unfortunately, I just renewed the weekend before my birthday. (So next May when it expires it'll be six days before my birthday again. Boo.)

didn't take long. :)

I love the idea, I'm not sure it will make a huge difference to me, but I'm sure it will benefit some people.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
So if my pass expires 12/1/09 and i renew sometime between 11/1 - 12/31 my new pass won't expire until 2/1/11? :confused:

Monsterfan99

If they want to sell AP's, they need to allow you the option to be billed in monthly increments like some other parks do. Then the price becomes very reasonable to the average family.
Agreed here as well. It was very, very, very hard to take the $999 for 2 Annual Passes at once. Now if it would have been $41-$42 a month, it would have not been so bad.

With this being added, makes me wonder how much the Annual Passes will be going up in price.

Kman101

Wow, nice! It ALMOST makes me want to renew. Unfortunately, this year, I haven't been able to go really at all. For about 2 years I was taking almost monthly day trips. Money and life have gotten in the way but if they offered monthly billing I would definitely renew. At least last year I got a discount with AAA.

Captain Chaos

I know, so does Sea World. Boggles the mind Disney doesn't.

I know... I wish they did do it...

I mentioned this to a ticket agent when I renewed my AP.... She agreed with me it would be a great idea.. and of course, she fed me the company line: "we are always looking at ways to improve our guests' experiences.." blah blah blah.. STOP LOOKING AND FREAKING DO!!!!

Captain Chaos

"This change applies to: Tourist Premium Annual Pass, Tourist Annual Pass, Florida Resident Premium Annual Pass, Florida Resident Annual Pass, and Florida Resident Seasonal Pass."

I don't know what a "Tourist Annual Pass" is... and I HAVE an AP.

I believe it is the same thing..

EPCOTPluto

Effective August 2, 2009 renewals within 30 days before or after the expiration date will receive an additional three months and will be valid for 15 months from the expiration date of the current Pass.

Renewal Exchange Vouchers sold prior to August 2, 2009 may be redeemed with this offer provided the renewal is occurring August 2, 2009 or later.
This sounds fascinating if true! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Now just to be sure of what I am reading, should it be true:

So our AP expires in mid-October, we will be able to receive those three extra months free, and the renewed pass will expire mid January 2011, right? The Renewal Exchange Vouchers will not apply to our case....?

Man, I hope this is true, and not wishful thinking from the 100 Years of Magic AP Promotion by the fandom-forum! :mad:

marsrunner

You can do monthly payments on any annual pass at Disneyland, but only if you live in Southern California. Wish they'd open it up to everybody, but at least if you're a local you can get it. No interest either.

markc

You can do monthly payments on any annual pass at Disneyland, but only if you live in Southern California. Wish they'd open it up to everybody, but at least if you're a local you can get it. No interest either.

There's no interest on it - but its interesting to note, there's a down payment of the cost of a one-day park admission ticket in order to participate in the monthly payment system for Disneyland AP's.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom