Honeymoon help

disney2534

Original Poster
Me and my fiancee are planning to have our honeymoon in Disney next August. We just got engaged on Pirates of the Caribbean in May and wanted our next trip to be extra special. We usually stay at CBR but for this trip we wanted to stay at one the deluxe resorts. We were hoping to get some feedback regarding which one to choose. Any and all info. would be greatly appreciated. We'd also love to hear stories from anyone else who honeymooned in the world as well.

You should check out the Trip Planning forum.. There are lots of threads and great ideas there.. Congratulations on your engagement and hope you have a wonderful honeymoon!

DVC Dave

Me and my fiancee are planning to have our honeymoon in Disney next August. We just got engaged on Pirates of the Caribbean in May and wanted our next trip to be extra special. We usually stay at CBR but for this trip we wanted to stay at one the deluxe resorts. We were hoping to get some feedback regarding which one to choose. Any and all info. would be greatly appreciated. We'd also love to hear stories from anyone else who honeymooned in the world as well.

Congrats!!! I suggest the Beach Club. Its beautiful and great access to a lot. I can give you more info if you want it...just personal Message me and email.

We honeymooned in Disney 14 years ago at the CBR. it was great! That was our first trip to WDW and fostered a life long love!

Disney was great to us. Free pictures... lots of castmembers congratulating us.

honeymooner05

We honeymooned there in 05 (hence my screen name). We had a blast. We stayed at the Beach Club and loved it. We chose that resort because it was walking distance to Epcot, Studios and the Boardwalk. We would go have drinks at Jellyrolls or ESPN on the boardwalk or go into the countries in EPCOT.

Definitly get the congrats buttons from Town Hall in MK. It helps make you feel special and people will congratulate you when they see them. Also, try to do something different that you wouldn't normally do on a WDW vacation. We chose horseback riding and we had a great time. We also did some character dining and dinner shows, something we don't usually do.

DiPSU224

Congrats from a fellow Disney engagement and honeymooner!

We stayed at the Polynesian for our honeymoon. It had always been our dream. It was so worth it! Not sure if it was done for our honeymoon or not, but we were upgraded to a castle view room (definetly something we never expected)! The atmosphere of the resort is so beautiful and romantic. We were able to watch wishes from the beach and the electrical water pageant from sunset point. Also, if you want to splurge a little bit, I would suggest doing the fireworks cruise. It was so magical. I believe you are able to choose the Poly as your pickup for the cruise.

We are big fans of the MK so hopping on and off the monorail and getting to the park in 5 mins was a big plus for us. Regardless, you can't go wrong with any of the deluxe resorts. Have fun planning! :wave:

mickey7879

We got engaged in Disney in 98, honeymoon at Caribbean Beach Resort in 2000, had our "conceptionmoon" at Coronado Springs in 2006 and "babymoon" at the Polynesian in 2007 with the MK view room. Disney has definately been a BIG part of our lives!

The polynesian was definately worth every penny! Especially when I was so exhausted being pregnant and spent a lot of time in the room. It was nice being able to watch the fireworks and electrical water parade right from our room. So relaxing! Plus having the monorail right there was very nice!

I didn't like the quick service restaurant at the Polynesian as well as the one they have at the Contemporary. They seem to have a lot more to offer over there.

We've also stayed at both Beach Club and Boardwalk before. The pool is nicer at Beach Club, but closes sooooo early! At Boardwalk they told us that as long as you weren't acting out or being loud that they wouldn't kick you out of the pool, even if the hours say it's closed. The Boardwalk has sooo much going on at night which was really nice to be right there in the action. But if you want to see the action but not be in the middle of it, you might want to stay at the Beach Club and get a view of the BoardWalk.

I'm not sure how much firework/Illuminations cruises cost, but renting a pontoon boat for a few hours is always a lot of fun. You can pack a picnic lunch and see a different view of the deluxe resorts. Something we always do.

Definately get a button from Town Hall like others have said that say Just Married! You can also wear the Mickey and Minnie wedding ears if you'd like!

Cirque Du Soleil is an amazing thing to see if you've never seen it! We did this on our babymoon.

Most importantly, relax and have fun!

DizneyPryncess

Congratulations! :sohappy:

My husband and I honeymooned at WDW this past July, and we stayed at the Polynesian. Of the deluxe resorts, this one always had our favorite theming. We love the dining options there, and love being on the monorail since the MK is our favorite park. You can also go to Epcot from the monorail. Hollywood Studios is just a bus ride away!

At the Polynesian, we watched the fireworks & water show from the beach. That was my favorite moment of our honeymoon. Very romantic, not many other people around. Also, at Kona Cafe we were given a free dessert that they made that said congratulations. At the Polynesian gift shop, we got a phone call from Mickey & Minnie singing "Here Comes the Bride", along with a magical moments certificate.

At the end of our first night, when we got back from the parks, we had a picture of Mickey & Minnie waiting for us in our room. It was signed and said "Have a happy honeymoon!"

I don't know if all the resorts do this - but I thought they Polynesian went above & beyond for us. We truly had a magical honeymoon, and I hope you do as well! Feel free to PM me about anything, since I just went through all this! :)

Philo

Congratulations!

We took our honeymoon at WDW last April and loved ever second of it. As we couldn't decide which resort to stay at, we split our stay between WL and AKL which turned out to be a great idea.

We also registered with The Disney Honeymoon registry. Its basically a gift card which people can pay money on to so that you can eat at nice places and do all the extra activities you would normally miss because of cost. This worked out great for us because we had no need for the traditional wedding presents.

Make sure you get the wedding badges (or buttons as you call them). Apart from getting lots of 'congratulations' messages from CM's and total strangers, we got a lot of perks. Free desert, free ice-cream, signed cards from Mickey and Minnie wating in our room, great rooms (a view of MK from WL!), free champagne glasses, special meet and greets with characters etc. Well worth it!

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Congratulations!!!! My hubby and I went all out for our honeymoon and stayed at the Grand Floridian. It was beautiful and we really liked it. We've also stayed at the Wilderness Lodge - which was lovely and romantic but not very honeymoony. I would recommend the Beach or Yacht Club. I think that would be perfect. There is an amazing steak house at the Yacht Club and it's walkable to Epcot so it will be perfect for romantic strolls back from great dinners at Epcot. Also - I would suggest setting up special events of you and the hubby - spa treatments and carriage rides and tours and boat rides. Check this link out: http://www.disneyweddings.go.com/site/hon/start/index.jsp . You can contact them to help you plan your honeymoon or you can do it yourself and just get ideas from them - for example, you can get a photographer for the honeymoon. I wish we would have done this but we didn't. Hope this helps and congratulations!!!

Congratulations! My DH and I honeymooned at the GF when it first opened. It was a fantastic experience and we were showered with lovely suprises by the CMS (champagne, chocolate-covered strawberries, etc.). WE absolutely loved sitting in the lobby bar listening to the band and the pianist play, and walking the property at night. Dinner at Narcoosee's was incredible.
Since then, we have stayed at almost all of the deluxe resorts. They are all special in their own way, but our kids prefer practically any of them to the GF. That's why I'm so glad we had our honeymoon there--we got to enjoy the romance of it to its fullest while it was just the two of us. Now, we take the kids to Beach Club for the wonderful pool, the Poly for the fantastic theming and monrail, AKL for the views, etc. The GF will always be that special place for "just us"; Come to think of it, there's an anniversary around the corner...!

We got engaged in Disney in 98, honeymoon at Caribbean Beach Resort in 2000, had our "conceptionmoon" at Coronado

Ha! I've never heard of a conceptionmoon.

We will be honeymooning this December. We chose Port Orleans French Quarter due to budget constraints, but had money not been a factor, we'd have chosen the Yacht Club so we'd have access to a lot of the restaurants we want to try and the easy access to stroll around the World Showcase.

I agree the Polynesian would also be very romantic.

Congrats and have a wonderful time!:sohappy:

Teenchy

As you have already read in many other responses I would guess that Poly & GF would be the #1 choices for many Honeymooners. I think if you like CBR and that whole beach/tropical feel that Poly would be great.
We stayed at the Contemporary VP Suite for our Honeymoon only becuase my wife had always wanted to stay there and she thought I was going to pick Poly....so I surprised her with the incredible VP Suite at teh Contemporary. (Read my link in my signature fo full details).

I would also use this site below to gather information and details to plan a great trip.
http://allears.net/index.html

And if you want to pull off a great surprise, like getting your room decorated and have some extra $$ visit this site.

www.giftsofalifetime.com

Also I would recommend this book, it has been a wonderful source of WDW couple information.

http://www.amazon.com/Walt-Disney-W...bs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1222622399&sr=8-1

Congrats and have a great time.

wdw_nutz

Hi there,

Congrats on your engagement and I hope the wedding plans are going well. We went to WDW on honeymoon in 2006 and stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge. It was amazing and we were then hooked for life! :lol:

I'm sorry if people have said this before, I didn't read the whole thread before replying to you. There are 2 things that made our honeymoon stand out. 1 was a gift basket I ordered for my husband from the Disney Florist. Ours had some bath things, personalised robes and towels and some champagne and glasses, all beautifully presented in a mickey shaped black satin box.

Also, he prepared a surprise for me from Gift of a Lifetime (just google it - it will pop right up!) which is a company which plan very personal adventures and gifts right in the parks. I can't tell you here what they did in case I ruin it for someone else but it was *amazing* and ended with beautiful presents for me from my husband.

The best thing about both of these surprises is that they can totally be tailored to your preferences and requests, in terms of content and budget.

Finally, if you are really really big fans, get the bride and groom ears. We felt a bit silly for the first wee while wearing them but we soon got used to it and people are so lovely - we were fortunate enough to receive many 'extras' because people knew it was a special time for us. :sohappy:

All the best for your trip, I hope this has been of some use to you!

P.S this is my first ever post so I hope I didn't mess it up!
D
xx

Ariel484

Hi!

My fiancé and I are also honeymooning at WDW for a week in May 2009. We are staying at the Boardwalk, which is supposed to be pretty romantic (I'm not sure, haven't been to Disney in 12 years and wasn't thinking too heavily about romance as a 12-year-old :eek:)...we're both excited about being close to Epcot for all of the great restaurants (we got the MYW dining plan, very excited!) and being on the Boardwalk itself for Spoodles, Jellyrolls, etc. (similar to what others have said in this thread)...so there's my 2 cents. One vote for the Boardwalk!

As for other honeymoon activites, we wanted to get tickets for Cirque du Soleil but they will be on hiatus the week that we're going to be in Disney :brick: Bummer! So I posted to a different thread here asking for other date night activities...right now I think we're having dinner at the California Grill and then sticking around for Wishes. Should be a great time!

We definitely plan on getting the Just Married buttons and bride and groom ears as soon as we arrive...can't wait!

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding, and good luck with the planning! :)

disneyan

We just had our honeymoon there this past summer and let me tell you that you are going to have a BLAST!!!

I was hesitant bc I thought disney romantic?? I thought there would be to many kids but I was soooo wrong. My advice would be go on the tours!! It was our 7th time to go so we had done all the basic stuff so we went on some behind the ears tours and they were great. It gives you time to do one on one stuff. Also make some reservations at some great resturants. We loved Le selliar in epcot. it was extremly romantic. We loved it so much we are already going back this march!!

Congrats on the wedding !!!

lolitaray

My husband and I went on our Disneymoon at the end of August 2009 it was such a magical experience.

I would first off suggest doing a Disney Honeymoon Registry it was great and really helpful to go towards paying for various aspects of the trip.

We stayed at Port Orleans- French Quarter and were "up graded" from a standard room (parking lot) to a Riverview room which was great because we walked out the front door and were right on the water. We were also put in a more secluded room which was great because it was quiet and relaxing.

We had dinner at Boma where we received a special dessert which was great because we are both vegan and there were no vegan desserts at the buffet. At The Wave we were treated to some wonderful sparkling Shiraz wine which was so nice. We also received strawberries and champagne at The Brown Derby.

At the Disney store at downtown Disney we "received" a congratulations phone call from mickey and minnie and when we arrived back at our room we had a signed photo congrats photo from minnie and mickey along with some mardi grais beads.

Also we made shirts for our days at the park that said things like Disneymoon 2009, Just Married, ect. and wore our "Just Married" pins which you can get from the front desk of your resort and this led to lots of congrats from CM's and other guest it just made everything feel so special.

I would make sure to really just embrace everything and don't forget to get a little goofy it's your honeymoon!

lolitaray

Hi!

My fiancé and I are also honeymooning at WDW for a week in May 2009. We are staying at the Boardwalk, which is supposed to be pretty romantic (I'm not sure, haven't been to Disney in 12 years and wasn't thinking too heavily about romance as a 12-year-old :eek:)...we're both excited about being close to Epcot for all of the great restaurants (we got the MYW dining plan, very excited!) and being on the Boardwalk itself for Spoodles, Jellyrolls, etc. (similar to what others have said in this thread)...so there's my 2 cents. One vote for the Boardwalk!

As for other honeymoon activites, we wanted to get tickets for Cirque du Soleil but they will be on hiatus the week that we're going to be in Disney :brick: Bummer! So I posted to a different thread here asking for other date night activities...right now I think we're having dinner at the California Grill and then sticking around for Wishes. Should be a great time!

We definitely plan on getting the Just Married buttons and bride and groom ears as soon as we arrive...can't wait!

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding, and good luck with the planning! :)

FYI: you can special order the bride and groom ears before your trip you just have to call the disney guest services and they can get you the number to the merchandise dept and you can have them sent to you or to your room at disney so they are there when you arrive!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom