Leave a Legacy Steals Souls!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
OMG!

Leave%2Ba%2BLegacy.jpg

That's like, totally terrifying. Oo, i aint going back there after dark. I'll hang in the Merfcove until morning. Anywho, article from ReImagineering which suggests legacy might be going away soon:

http://imagineerebirth.blogspot.com/

disneydopey

We've got one of the tiles there with a picture of the kids on it. We didn't buy it though, it was a free gift when we bought some tickets a few years ago.

I would be very happy to see the "tombstones" disappear! They do spoil the view of Spaceship Earth and it seems sad to see so many with no tiles on. They should just move the metal tiles to somewhere else in the park-face it they wouldn't take up much space-there's not that many!:ROFLOL:

cooleo

We've got one of the tiles there with a picture of the kids on it. We didn't buy it though, it was a free gift when we bought some tickets a few years ago.

I would be very happy to see the "tombstones" disappear! They do spoil the view of Spaceship Earth and it seems sad to see so many with no tiles on. They should just move the metal tiles to somewhere else in the park-face it they wouldn't take up much space-there's not that many!:ROFLOL:

How can you say it spoils the "view of SSE". I understand you are entitled to your opinion & I am in no way trying to take that away from you. But, I feel that the LAL does exactly what it was designed to do, enhance SSE by giving people a place to put their photo while making it look as if they are supporting SSE. I actually feel as if LAL conceals the plaza area under SSE, but they in no way hide SSE. One look at this photo I took in December & you might feel differently about LAL. I don't see where the view of SSE is spoiled in any way at all. Rather, it looks as though it is set upon a pedestal ***literally***. :lol: :cool:

DSC02396.jpg

It's the sheer AMOUNT of them...
my mother (who used to go to Disney every year but hadn't been there since 1998) absolutely FREAKED when we walked into EPCOT in September. She felt like all of a sudden she was walking through a graveyard, and there was no way to escape.
Your picture is one of the prettiest I've seen with them in it, I'll give you that - but that's mostly because you can't see how MANY of them there are. I get claustrophobic just walking into the entrance of EPCOT now, especially if it's crowded, because there's nothing but giant stone pillars between me and my SSE....

DisneyWales

Here we go, the whole "Ugly graveyard" thing again, i swear thats some people will just moan and complain about anything, some things in WDW are bad.

The new less than stellar ending to SSE for example, but the design of the "graveyard" at SSE IMHO is one of the stupidest things i hear people moan about.

Like all things at WDW is will be gone eventually, yes i have two tiles there (one pic and a txt one) and yes I paid for it myself. Would i cry if they went away.... NO, but to i think its the best use of the space.... NO, do i care enough to get all bent up over some stones at the front of what is probably the best Theme Park in the world, HELL NO.

Sorry if I'm attacking anyone, but then I'm sure you will just attack me back for being "biased" coz i have a tile there.

99.9% is a crazy figure pulled for nowhere, The main reason alot of people didn't get a tile is the outrageous price for these tiles. $40 for a tiny tile only you will ever care to find is alot of money.

Most people spend there time looking at the giant ball in front of them, than actually caring what the "Ugly graveyard" looks like.

But each to there own, personally i would prefer Disney spend money on tearing down a true eyesore (Dinorama), than relandscaping an area thats got nothing major wrong with it.

For all you EPCOT centre fanboys, get over it "EPCOT centre" is no longer with us, its evolved into something new now, move on and enjoy the journey, Disney cant please everyone, but they can come close.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
The usual hysterical ramblings of the 965 thousandth thread on the subject. If you are going to get all emotional try and stick to the reality rather than opinion dressed as fact.

Heres a news flash, your dying, get used to it move on, despite the false promises of medicine and plastic surgery you will still snuff it. passing a tile of a dead person isnt contagious.

All my family have tiles, some free some paid for. If our posing next to it offends you, Im afraid your under the misapprehension that I would actually give a monkeys.

jt04

SSE originally appeared to float above the plaza. It was NEVER supposed to appear "supported". Unfortunately the tombstones completely ruined the original architectural effect. They are the single worst architectural addition to any Disney park IMO. Can't wait until they move them out of the entry plaza.

maggiegrace1

I agree with Merf!
Shocking I know..;)

They are unattractive and just make it look cluttered.

I think that it is kind of sad that people have paid so much for them and then they may get rid of them one day but I still think they are ugly.

:)

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
SSE originally appeared to float above the plaza. It was NEVER supposed to appear "supported". Unfortunately the tombstones completely ruined the original architectural effect. They are the single worst addition to any Disney park IMO. Can't wait until they move them out of the entry plaza.

Stop it, you should save your good material for the Laugh Floor.

jt04

For all you EPCOT centre fanboys, get over it "EPCOT centre" is no longer with us, its evolved into something new now, move on and enjoy the journey, Disney cant please everyone, but they can come close.

Loose use of the word. More like devolved. So we are back to using cheap ridicule when someone has a different opinion. How sad.

Besides a "fanboy" is somone who accepts anything Disney throws up, no matter how cheap or unprofessional and says, "How Wonderful"!

The tombstones are cheap and unprofessional.

epcot85

Get rid of them and move the memorial (just the pics) to the left of guest relations where the world key information screens are located (not used anymore). I can live without seeing the picture of my ex-wife at the front of the park...lol.

jt04

Get rid of them and move the memorial (just the pics) to the left of guest relations where the world key information screens are located (not used anymore). I can live without seeing the picture of my ex-wife at the front of the park...lol.

:ROFLOL:

daliseurat

I have a tile. I like that I have a tile. But I hate, hate hate the tombstones. I think they do mar the view of Spaceship Earth. I'd rather have the old plaza back. It allowed Spaceship Earth to look even more pristine. I'm certain they will remove the ugly things sooner or later. I won't miss them. But I'd like my tile back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom