Calling All Moms, part 2

littlegoofy1

Original Poster
Just Curious,

Has anyone been contacted yet regarding the selection process for the Calling All Moms, my understanding was that there was a 2nd phase to the selection process and those chosen in the final process would be notified by 11/05/07. Just wondering if anyone has been contacted for phase 2.

mouselvrmom

It says by 11/05/07..
it is only 10/08/07/ you have time..:)

Thank you for trying to lift my spirits. :)

But I took it to mean that the final choosing was going to occur on 11/05, and that there would be kind of a weeding out phase before that. So it would make sense that people would be notified about that by now.

Phonedave

Just Curious,

Has anyone been contacted yet regarding the selection process for the Calling All Moms, my understanding was that there was a 2nd phase to the selection process and those chosen in the final process would be notified by 11/05/07. Just wondering if anyone has been contacted for phase 2.

Nobody has contacted this Disney "dad" in any way, shape, or form.

-dave

Nemo14

Just got this e-mail:

Dear Elizabeth,
On behalf of all of us at Walt Disney World Resort®, thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to apply for the first-ever Walt Disney World Moms Panel.

We realize it's no easy task just keeping a family moving every day, so we appreciate all the effort you put into your application. We were absolutely overwhelmed by the response we saw and very humbled by the heartwarming stories we read in each of the applications.

With 10,000 moms (and dads!) applying, we had a difficult time narrowing the field to the next round. We personally read every application submitted. While you were not among those selected, we are very grateful that you took the time to enter and share your love for Walt Disney World Resort®.

Because of the incredible passion you and so many others have shown for Walt Disney World Resort®, we've been inspired to explore more concepts for programs -- beyond the Moms Panel -- to engage moms and dads like you who want to share their passion for the Parks. We plan to follow up with you in the near future with more details.

Meanwhile, the Walt Disney World Moms Panel site,
www.disneyworldmoms.com, officially launches in January. We hope you'll find the site a useful tool for you and other parents, too.

Again, thank you sincerely for your application. We hope to see you soon!

Sincerely,

Amy, Leanne & Duncan

Oh well!:(

mousefan1972

Wow, interesting!! I didn't even get that. :( But then again, I never got an email saying they received my application, so I'm not surprised! :lol: If no one on this board is deemed worthy of the "Mom's panel' then who the heck is?? :lol:

spaceghost

Don't ask me how I know this, but those people invited to the second round will be getting e-mails shortly, if they haven't already. ;)

Merry Rose

I got my rejection letter today

via e-mail - the same letter as posted above.

Since my first visit was in September of 1973 and my last visit was 2 weeks ago and I've gone through 4 kids, 2 kids in laws and 3 grandkids - plus 2 of my own kids were special needs in the parks, I don't know what their criteria was. It would be interesting to see if they picked "begging" moms or fascinating stories or what....

littlegoofy1

Original Poster
nother reject

I too got my rejection letter, 1st time I have hated reading anything Disney sent me:veryconfu My sister was rejected as well....will be interesting to see who was picked and how much they really know. Also wonder what the other programs are that they hinted about. Was hoping for a trip in December, guess I will be waiting for Sept 08...

shari71

I got my rejection letter and actually cried...I was having a crummy day as it was. But I kind of feel that come here for my answers and probably won't switch just because Disney finally figured out they need something like this. Several people on another message board got selected for the next phase...and I don't usually go there for my answers. So if they are selecting moms from that discussion board, I definetly won't be going to the new site.

ann0d1

I would imagine that the people who were accepted are not allowed to say anything, until Disney makes the official announcement. I didn''t even get a chance to apply, by the time I went to apply, they weren't accepting anymore! Early bird catches the worm! :brick:

shari71

On the other message board d i s there are a lot of people announcing they made it to the next round. I can't stand that board, so I am not impressed with the process. I want someone from WDWMagic to make it. Then it might be worth it.

Sadiebird

I got my rejection letter this morning. I'm bummed. Of course, after I submitted my application I thought of a million more things I should have said that would have been better, so I'm not really surprised. Oh well.

afr117

I received an email for a second round of questions - very similar questions to the first ones. When I hit submit I got a weird error thing (I hate my computer). I tried to do it again, and got a one entry per person message so hopefully it worked the first time.

dizzney

Got my rejection letter yesteday also, I'd love to know the number accepted for the second round and whether they really did read all the applications!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom