Pick my restaraunts!

Ravenclaw87

Original Poster
I'm going to Disney World for a week in August. I have four dinner reservations and I need two more (I'm planning on doing a walk-in to Planet Hollywood on one day--- I know a lot of people on these boards hate PH, but my boyfriend and I are young and like the atmosphere). Here's what I have so far:

August 14: Alfredo's
August 15: H&V
August 16: Chefs de France
August 17: Crystal Palace

What are your suggestions?!

PintoColvig

Boma, Boma, Boma!

We never miss Boma at the AK Lodge! Great food, great location, great atmosphere!

Planet Hollywood? Not so much.

jjgoo

Good luck getting a reservation, but Le Cellier is great. We would be eating there again in September if we could actually get a reservation.

Ravenclaw87

Original Poster
Yeah... I tried to get a Le Cellier reservation a month ago when I booked the other four, but they had no dinner reservations for any night of our trip! I think I might start harassing them soon and see if anything has opened up. :) (which I'm SURE it hasn't, but, hey, it's worth a shot, right?)

Maria

I second the motion for OHANA'S at the Poly. Make sure it´s for dinner and if you can, do it for a late seating on a night when there is Wishes so you can watch them (and listen to them) from there.
I absolutely LOVE those flavors!

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Good luck getting a reservation, but Le Cellier is great. We would be eating there again in September if we could actually get a reservation.

If you can't get into Le Cellier, Yachtsman's Steakhouse at Yacht Club is great (I think it's considerably better than Cellier)

If you are dining at MGM, 50's Prime Time is an event, Brown Derby is nice upscale dining.

I would suggest Liberty Tree over Crystal Palace

Artist Point or Whispering Canyon (the first is classy, the second casual, loud and fun)

Boma!

For a dinner show, Hoop de do Review is a fun evening.

Yanks07

Wolfgang Puck's @ West Side. Sit at the bar and order off the reg. menu. If you like Sushi, you are at the right place. Noisy, Busy and fun, just the way we like it.

Cinderella1976

I would like to suggest O'hana at the Poly and the Liberty Tree Tavern at the Magic Kingdom. The Whispering Canyon at the Wilderness Lodge is also one of my favorites. Have Fun :wave:

ssidiouss@mac.c

I'm going to Disney World for a week in August. I have four dinner reservations and I need two more (I'm planning on doing a walk-in to Planet Hollywood on one day--- I know a lot of people on these boards hate PH, but my boyfriend and I are young and like the atmosphere). Here's what I have so far:

First of all... FORGET PLANET HOLLYWOOD its a waste!!!! If you want something fun.. do the japanese hibachi place in epcot.. that is cool.

Anyway.. here are my pics of what to add/change:

August 14: Tapanaki Dining at Epcot (way more fun atmosphere than Alfredo's and you can get italian anywhere. How often can you eat hibachi inside a pagoda. Fun fun time and great food. And your already in Epcot. Save the italian for a boring trip to olive garden or something at home.)
August 15: 50's prime time cafe at MGM (way more fun atmosphere than H&V!!! This place is a blast and has some good home cooking. It feels like something out of the back to the future movies with all the 50s deco and the chocolate and other flavored sodas rock. Home cooked meals like a said and a bar even. You also can get pulled into the action here depending on how serious your waiter takes his/her role. Very fun place!!!!! Remember at Disney you can have fun and eat... save the boring restuarants like HV for home.
August 16: Chefs de France if you really want french its a nice place. I still would go for the Biergarten in germany instead.. more fun to me and better atmosphere with the lighting etc. But Chefs is nice.. if you really want a romantic place with great food though thats also in Epcot.. i think La Celliar in canada is better. Romantic too.. you eat in this little wine cellar at the bottom of the castle type building.. very cool. Steak is awesome there too. Top notch stuff.
August 17: Crystal Palace.. no way! If you want a great character meal at magic kingdom.. go with Liberty Tree Tavern. It has a way more comfy feel to the place as its modeled like an old colonial inn with better characters like Goofy, Chip, Minnie, etc. The meal is also like thanksgiving dinner.. with turkey mash potatos etc.. which always reminds me of the holidays and is really a comforting place. Love it!!!! Crystal palace has nice breakfasts though but for dinner.. go Liberty Tree! ;)

Additional Meal #1: THE HOOP DEE DOO REVIEW!!!!! WOHOO!!! This place sounded so stupid to me but after going there.. i must admit this place just is flat out awesomo! Do not miss this palce no matter what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Country style food with crazy show going on in front of you in the middle of the woods across from magic kingdom.. you ride the little boat from magic kingdom to get there.. it all adds to the ambiance.. just a great great place to go.

Additional Meal #2: OHANAAAAASSSS!!!!!!!!! Ohana is by far.. far.. far.. the greatest meal i have ever had in my life ever ever ever ever ever. And when sitting there lookn out the glass at the magic kingdom while eating there with the hawian dude playing the live music.. it just doesnt get better that that.

in fact heres one of the many videos of ohanas i found on youtube..check it out : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO2kNFAye18

Tiggerfanatic

We really enjoyed tha atmosphere of Planet Hollywood, but can't really comment on the food. After a week on the dining plan, all we ordered were and appetizer to split amnd splurged on a couple speacialty drinks to get the souvenier glasses.

As far as good places to eat, our favorites were the Rose&Crown in Epcot and Raglan Road in Downtown. Beirgarten is a lot of fun, too, if you can't get a reservation anywhere else.

dhcalva

Boma's is great! So is the Liberty Tree Tavern. Can't comment on Ohana, that's for this trip.

Hoop De Doo has the BEST strawberry shortcake... And corn on the cob. My father, who wears dentures, was doing through the corn like a lawnmower.

The Spirit of Aloha dinner show at the Poly is pretty good too.

1. Chef Mickeys or California Grill if you are going to be by the Contemporary

2. Rain Forest Cafe is also great

If those don't work for you the Big River micro brewry at the boardwalk resort was a nice little surprise for us. The mahi mahi sandwich there was really really good :slurp:! Where ever you go be sure and have a great time in the world!

Ravenclaw87

Original Poster
Thanks guys! I'll definitely try to get Ohana's--- wish me luck. :)

And I can't see why everyone is hating on PH! When my boyfriend and I went last year, we ate there twice... we're movie buffs and, well, I guess the service was bad, but we were 18 then, and completely used to having servers ignore us.

And I'd do LTT (I used to go there every trip when I was younger), but my boyfriend is more of a steak guy, and doesn't like turkey. Or ham.

But, yeah, I REALLY want to eat at Ohana's now! :)

Ivan72

Also over at Animal Kingdom Lodge is Jiko's The Cooking Place Restaurant. We have had several great meals there. Enjoy!

KaliSplash

Boyfriend is a steak guy and we know Canada is booked. As suggested above, the Yachtsman is a good choice.

If you're up for a little adventure, try Artist's Point at Wilderness Lodge and get a buffalo steak. They have a number of excellent suggestions.

Don't let people give you grief about PH, if that's what you like, that's what YOU like! My son is convincted that the chicken and fries at Roaring Forks (Again at WL) are the best in the world even though they seem to be just like everyone else's.

I'd lean toward Liberty Tree at MK. Rose & Crown is good at Epcot and easier to get into than Canada. The prime rib is pretty good. 50s Prime Time is a good choice at Disney MGM. Of course, there is no sit-down service yet at AK, except for Rainforest Cafe.

jessfriends

I like the Concourse Steakhouse but it is closing and at the moment I don't recall when it will be closed.

The San Angel Inn at EPCOT in the Mexico pavillion is good.

Also Bongos Cuban Cafe...it is not on the dinning plan (not sure if you have it or not) but if you use 2 sit down meals at a more expensive sit down you can eat at Bongos and pay separate...that is what we did since since we liked it so much.

You could try Le Cellier for lunch...that is what we did last summer so that was our big meal of the day and I had an awesome asian noodle dish with beef in it...i don't recall the name

That is all I can think of off the top of my head.....:slurp:

go3epcot

Agree with others on Le Cellier but go with Yachtsman Steakhouse as it will be wonderful (and you might still get a reservation). Also agree that Boma's is great for brunch- make sure you get the juice and press coffee! Artist Point in WL is also a great dinner with the buffalo steak a great surprise. Enjoy!

goofyfamily

Just out of curiosity why Crystal Palace are you guys Pooh Fans? I would recommend Chef Mickeys or Liberty Tree instead. ALso Beach club, Ohanna, and Lecellier which will probably be impossible to get but I would try anyway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom