If you could implement 1 major change throughout the parks, what would it be?

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
FP+ was popular because everybody started with 3 ‘easier’ experiences. Yes it was tiered (onsite/offsite, etc) but it did provide every visitor daily access to 3 attractions without too much hassle. Everybody at least started with this minimum to build off of.

Want a better shot at high demand rides? Stay onsite. Want more shots? Visit more days with longer park ticket. Don’t want to pay more but still run most the park? Ropedrop, close and spend most of the day on lines. Don’t want to pay more but also don’t wish to bang out the whole park? Use the FPs mixed with experiences that typically aren’t hard to access like shows, exhibits, etc.

That got ran into the ground and is not coming back. I’d replace it with the concept of the original ticket books. You pay one price to enter the park and experience everything included in the atmosphere. From there you buy packages of credits that get used on attractions. Different amount of points per attraction. If they want to level the playing field? This is it. Instead of a crazy large range of cost to actual experience ratios, guests can more accurately adjust spending to park usage. If you don’t need alot, pay less. Want more, pay more.

To me that is a better value than a person buying all the bells and whistles experiencing much less than person paying minimum, or person barely using the park paying more than someone doing 5 times as much each day. Currently this is how the parks are.

Last edited:

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Watch the Video

The math didn’t work…tiers and windows all over the place that lead to a logjam day of…

Of course they want the money…but that is not the same argument

And my suspicion is the money isn’t even gonna work
You didn't have to respond to me twice. Also if FP+ "didn't work" why did they keep for 7 years yet they're already changing Genie Plus to be more like it. Listen I'm not saying fastpass plus was the greatest thing to ever Grace the Earth but it was a hell of a lot better than what we have now.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You didn't have to respond to me twice. Also if FP+ "didn't work" why did they keep for 7 years yet they're already changing Genie Plus to be more like it. Listen I'm not saying fastpass plus was the greatest thing to ever Grace the Earth but it was a hell of a lot better than what we have now.
It takes them about 12 years to decide to move a park bench.

And the timeframe was like 2013-2020…they were packing people in/raking dough those years and no reason to change/spend money on more logistics. But notice the minute those parks shut - they axed it.

And I wouldn’t have to respond twice if you wouldn’t say the same incorrect thing twice.
We all know people liked booking mine train from their bathroom at work and then showing up months later…it almost required no thought at all…

But watch the video…it’s about math. It is a bit long though

Last edited:

Starship824

In the Parks
No
It takes them about 12 years to decide to move a park bench.

And the timeframe was like 2013-2020…they were packing people in/raking dough those years and no reason to change/spend money on more logistics. But notice the minute those parks shut - they axed it.

And I wouldn’t have to respond twice if you wouldn’t say the same incorrect thing twice.
We all know people liked booking mine train from their bathroom at work and then showing up months later…it almost required no thought at all…

But watch the video…it’s about math. It is a bit long though
Well... In the words of Billy Joel "You may be right
I may be crazy
Oh, but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for". I admit I was wrong and I was the few people who had made friends with the fastpass monster. However, now they have ed off everyone instead of just ing off most people, so it's still not any better. Hopefully with the DAS changes this can be at least relieved a little bit.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'd get rid of VQs, G+, and ILLs altogether. Everyone waits in standby except for DAS guests/parties, who can sign up for one return time at a time (representing the standby wait time) and can't enter any other attractions until they've used or canceled it.
There’s one huge problem with that (and I know it’s hypothetical)…

And it’s NOT the paid line skips.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Lots of people saying longer park hours and stand-by only lines... I 100% agree with both.

I remember ~10 years ago going when there was an Extra Magic Hour event until 2 in the morning at Magic Kingdom... those were the days. If you're going to charge people an arm and a leg to go to the park, at least increase the perceived ticket value by keeping the park open longer!

As for stand-by only lines, based on the amount @lentesta and others have said Genie+/ILL make per year, I doubt they can put that genie back in the bottle (pun 100% intended).

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery - For my El Camino
Premium Member
Have adult only month, pure bliss 🤭 and make that January, as i arrive then ;) .

Adults are worse than the kids. In most cases.

Little Suzy isn't the one having the meltdown at 8pm when she exits the monorail at the Poly. Little Jeffy isn't hammering one on at the bar and acting like a complete lunatic to escape the stress and forget how much he has just spent for the day.

Be good for people watching. So sure, I can get behind an adults only month.

lentesta

Premium Member
As for stand-by only lines, based on the amount @lentesta and others have said Genie+/ILL make per year, I doubt they can put that genie back in the bottle (pun 100% intended).

I've heard credible estimates of a low-end of $500MM in domestic G+ revenue, not counting ILL, and estimates as high as $1B with both.

I'd ballparked a guess of $800MM for domestic G+ and ILL combined, and I still think that's a decent estimate.

mattpeto

I'd just restore the 2019 bubble perks over what we have now, although I do think Early Theme Park Access and Extending Evening Hours are better perks.

But still:

+Magical Express with bag handling and Airline check-in
+60 Day FP+ (only because it's free, not because it's superior than Genie+)
+Complimentary Magicbands
+Resort Delivery
+Extra Magic Hours (again inferior perk, but in a vacuum I'd go back)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom