News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
But humans have. It's part of the basic conceit of Animal Kingdom: it's a place for humans to understand animals.

I seem to remember long ago Rohde explaining that Dinoland exists as an examination of how humans understood/perceived Dinosaurs and by extension other animals, despite never actually living or seeing them face to face. If you can accept that humans and dinosaurs can share a relationship that never actually existed face-to-face.... why is it such a stretch to believe that other fictional characters could too?
Because they are planning to remove an “animal” themed section in “animal” kingdom to put in some fantasyland stuff with greenery so they can both check off a box and call it themed to animal kingdom

James Alucobond

Because they are planning to remove an “animal” themed section in “animal” kingdom to put in some fantasyland stuff with greenery so they can both check off a box and call it themed to animal kingdom
You literally have no idea what the attraction will be about, and we're talking about a movie where one character has the power to commune with all the fauna of South America and another the power to control all the flora. Maybe wait until the ride doesn't cover those topics to complain.

Jrb1979

Great. Now I won't get to experience Dinosaur/ Dinoland USA on my my first WDW trip either. First Great Movie Ride, Maelstrom, Splash Mountain, Horizons, the original Journey into Imagination, World of Motion and now this.
It's why I haven't gone back. Those rides are what made WDW different. Now they all are about flashy with some thrill.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
You literally have no idea what the attraction will be about, and we're talking about a movie where one character has the power to commune with all the fauna of South America and another the power to control all the flora. Maybe wait until the ride doesn't cover those topics to complain.
and you also have no idea what the attraction will be about or what it will or won’t cover. Regardless, forcing Encanto into a park called animal kingdom while completely removing any dinosaur themed area of that park to me is backwards theming, like forcing Tiana in Frontierland

Luigi

Now I agree!
Bring back the realistic attraction that featured time travel and smuggling a Dinosaur back to modern day in a jeep.
Enough of the fantasy stuff.

Jrb1979

and you also have no idea what the attraction will be about or what it will or won’t cover. Regardless, forcing Encanto into a park called animal kingdom while completely removing any dinosaur themed area of that park to me is backwards theming, like forcing Tiana in Frontierland
To be fair, todays fans don't care about any of that. They want their IP and flashy attractions

James Alucobond

The point is that there is a completely straightforward way to tackle the environment and animals of the tropical Americas using Encanto as a vehicle. They won’t have to twist themselves in knots to do it; the answer is right there.

Now, I could understand apprehension about whether or not they’ll actually do that given how they biffed it with Cosmic Rewind, but acting baffled about why Encanto is there at all is a bit disingenuous.

Also, the land is being rethemed, so a Tiana comparison is not warranted.

Jrb1979

Maybe you should go back before judging attractions and us who attend.
Why? So far none of the new attractions have appealed to me at all. Tron and Guardians may be fun but they don't compete with Velocicoaster, Hagrids, Top Thrill 2 or Steel Vengeance.

These rumored additions coming to the parks don't fit the theme of the parks. Just more extension of Magic Kingdom

Luigi

Why? So far none of the new attractions have appealed to me at all. Tron and Guardians may be fun but they don't compete with Velocicoaster, Hagrids, Top Thrill 2 or Steel Vengeance.

These rumored additions coming to the parks don't fit the theme of the parks. Just more extension of Magic Kingdom
Velocicoaster, Hagrids, Top Thrill 2 or Steel Vengeance

Not flashy at all. Got it.

You just want non-flashy rollercoasters and not like the ones you've never ridden but know all about. Got it.

Just making sure I am following all the twists in this pretzel.

James Alucobond

Surprised how many cheerleaders there are for Encanto. Bruno would be pleased (if I’m allowed to talk about him in here).
I could not care less about Encanto. I just don’t see why it’s difficult to acknowledge that a film that takes place in the tropical Americas with characters who control regional animals and plants might be a fairly straightforward add to a tropical Americas-themed area of Animal Kingdom. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom