News Disney plans to reboot Voyage of the Little Mermaid stage show at Disney's Hollywood Studios

mattpeto

Just glossing over the blog post:

“The Little Mermaid – A Musical Adventure,” a fully reimagined theatrical production inspired by the Walt Disney Animation Studios classic “The Little Mermaid,” will debut in the newly refreshed Animation Courtyard theater in fall 2024.”

Is it just theater being refreshed or we getting more refreshes in the Animation courtyard?

SoFloMagic

“The Little Mermaid – A Musical Adventure,” a fully reimagined theatrical production inspired by the Walt Disney Animation Studios classic “The Little Mermaid,” will debut in the newly refreshed Animation Courtyard theater in fall 2024.”

Is it just theater being refreshed or we getting more refreshes in the Animation courtyard?
Poor English. They likely meant "newly-refreshed Animation Courtyard Theater"

James Alucobond

Poor English. They likely meant "newly-refreshed Animation Courtyard Theater"
Uh, it doesn't need hyphenation (standard adverb-adjective structure doesn't require compound adjective treatment), nor does "theater" need to be capitalized if it's not considered part of the proper name (e.g. if it means to say "a theater in the Animation Courtyard"). It's clearly saying the theater itself will be refreshed as written.

TheMaxRebo

Reads to me as just indicating the theater. Doesn't mean some other r freshes won't happen as well, but this statement only covers the theater

SoFloMagic

Uh, it doesn't need hyphenation (standard adverb-adjective structure doesn't require compound adjective treatment), nor does "theater" need to be capitalized if it's not considered part of the proper name (e.g. if it means to say "a theater in the Animation Courtyard"). It's clearly saying the theater itself will be refreshed as written.
Fair. But capitalizing the word theater would have added clarity

DCBaker

Premium Member
Walt Disney World has posted new audition notices for The Little Mermaid - A Musical Adventure.

The first casting call is looking for Vocalists and Actors.

Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 1.01.20 PM.png

The second casting call is looking for Puppeteers.

Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 1.01.36 PM.png

Weather_Lady

I really hope the "refreshed" theater will have better seating or a redesigned proscenium, with no obscured views!

The one and only time we saw Little Mermaid at HS, we made the rookie mistake of being the first ones in the theater. Even though it was a slow week and there were only enough people to fill a fraction of it, when we tried to take seats 2/3 of the way down a row, the CMs screamed at us like drill sergeants to move all the way over to the far end, with the result that the left side of the theater was crammed in elbow-to-elbow, all the people who came in last got dead-center seats, and the right-hand side of the theater was entirely empty. On the extreme end where we were sitting, a good portion of stage right (including Ariel and her rock pedestal) was blocked from our view by the proscenium, but the stage left wings were readily visible, meaning we could see performers moping around backstage before they entered and after they exited, out of character and heedless of the sight lines.

It was a dreadful way to try and "watch" the show, so much so that we never tried it again. Hopefully they'll fix it with this new version. :)

TrainsOfDisney

It was a dreadful way to try and "watch" the show, so much so that we never tried it again. Hopefully they'll fix it with this new version.
I get the needs for capacity but getting yelled at to fill every seat is one of the most annoying things ever. To be yelled at to fill every seat AND sit in a seat with terrible sight lines is really bad.

It was a pretty cool show when seen from the back where you could take in all of the lighting and special effects.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I get the needs for capacity but getting yelled at to fill every seat is one of the most annoying things ever. To be yelled at to fill every seat AND sit in a seat with terrible sight lines is really bad.
Such is life in a shared, high capacity space. You can't just pick and choose where to sit or it would take 45mins to load a theatre. Man up and share with your neighbor.

Manipulate where you are in the pre-show areas if you wanna try to manipulate where you will sit.

Weather_Lady

Such is life in a shared, high capacity space. You can't just pick and choose where to sit or it would take 45mins to load a theatre. Man up and share with your neighbor.

Manipulate where you are in the pre-show areas if you wanna try to manipulate where you will sit.
My main issue was, there shouldn't have been any obstructed seats or ignored sight lines to begin with (although the enforcement if the "move down" rule was a bit ridiculous, with so few guests). Hopefully it gets fixed in the revamp. :)

ToTBellHop

My main issue was, there shouldn't have been any obstructed seats or ignored sight lines to begin with (although the enforcement if the "move down" rule was a bit ridiculous, with so few guests). Hopefully it gets fixed in the revamp. :)
I always thought they should give their best Mad Hatter impression like
1707162842852.gif

Chi84

Premium Member
You just got unlucky with the CMs. They know how many are in the preshow area and oftentimes say move 2/3 of the way down if they know they aren’t at capacity.

plutofan15

I really hope the "refreshed" theater will have better seating or a redesigned proscenium, with no obscured views!

The one and only time we saw Little Mermaid at HS, we made the rookie mistake of being the first ones in the theater. Even though it was a slow week and there were only enough people to fill a fraction of it, when we tried to take seats 2/3 of the way down a row, the CMs screamed at us like drill sergeants to move all the way over to the far end, with the result that the left side of the theater was crammed in elbow-to-elbow, all the people who came in last got dead-center seats, and the right-hand side of the theater was entirely empty. On the extreme end where we were sitting, a good portion of stage right (including Ariel and her rock pedestal) was blocked from our view by the proscenium, but the stage left wings were readily visible, meaning we could see performers moping around backstage before they entered and after they exited, out of character and heedless of the sight lines.

It was a dreadful way to try and "watch" the show, so much so that we never tried it again. Hopefully they'll fix it with this new version. :)
Dramatic much?

plutofan15

It was a pretty cool show when seen from the back where you could take in all of the lighting and special effects.
In all my visits to WDW, I have never been “yelled at” to do anything. Me thinks that some people might be a wee bit too sensitive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom