Trip Report The Story Comes ALIVE! *COMPLETED*

Hello again, my friends.

For nearly a decade it has been such a joy for me to write about 50 (yes, 50!) different trips that I have taken to WDW - including one that was virtual. ;)

The reason? You, the reader.

I don’t do trip reports for my own documentation. I have journals for that. I write because I love interacting with y’all. Your encouragement, humor, curiosity and even snark (*ahem* @amjt660) assure me that I am not alone in my crazy affection for Disney parks. A big thanks to each of you!

I am very fortunate to be a frequent visitor to WDW (despite what @Mr Ferret 88 believes, I do not live there!) and am entering a season of monthly visits. Trip reporting is time consuming (as those of you who’ve written can attest) but I’m not ready to completely give it up - yet.

What I’d like to do is keep this as an ongoing TR for the rest of 2023. It will be highlights and moments, with live posting as the goal. My story coming alive, so to speak.

First up is spring break with my favorite girl.

AA48F088-9593-431D-9863-5A1CC9431BEF.jpeg

Followed closely by a getaway with my favorite guy.

22534EF9-828F-43F6-A922-359B962CEC72.jpeg

There will be Magician meets. New experiences. And (as always) the unexpected.

I hope you’ll join the fun!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
college life lol GIF

That’s it, just cancel the whole site. 😭
Mbfgw GIF by My Big Fat Greek Wedding 3

I believe I told you this the first time we met in person and I got my super rare, special edition Tuvalu card (which I still have btw), but you are the reason I started writing trip reports. I used to come on here to casually peruse the News and Rumors forum (yikes), and one week, I got an email with the top trending threads for that week. One of your TRs, I want to say maybe Spring Break 2019, was on the list. I was curious, so I decided to check it out, and was immediately drawn in by your detailed storytelling and commentary. You have a special way of making all of us feel like we are on your trips with you, and 4.5 years later, your TRs are still some of my favorites.

I was inspired by you, and several others, and decided to write my first TR later on that year. Since then, I have made so many dear friends and felt such a sense of community in the Trip Reports forum, all because I decided to click the link for one of your reports. Thank you for always being a positive presence in our little community. Thank you for being so kind and welcoming to all who stumble into this little corner of the internet. And thank you so much for taking the time to share the last decade of your Disney trips with us.

While I’m sad for myself that we won’t get to read any more reports from you, I’m glad for you that you’ll be able to enjoy future trips without worrying about taking notes and remembering all of the details. I hope that you do stick around on the forums, as we all love you and would miss your presence terribly. 💗
I am so glad you decided to write trip reports - otherwise I would have missed out on some fun face masks and the delight of meeting you in person - twice! (Speaking of which….I would not be against making Master Lincoln’s acquaintance. 😉)

This community has meant so much to me also and I do plan to stick around awhile. :inlove:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thanks for this and your other great TRs.

I can totally understand your retirement but truly hope it’s from TR writing only.

You are a delight both her and in person and you make WDWMAGIC a better place.
Thank you for your fun(ny) trip reports that you write while living a very full and busy life!

Lil BES is a huge source of entertainment for me and I am so happy I got to meet her (and so sad to be missing an opportunity in less than 90 days. ;):cry:)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
It’s a sad 😢 day today. Thankyou for all your amazing reports and support on this forum. It’s good to know you will still be participating here. I just know it won’t be the same on here without anymore @Tuvalu reports but understand why. If you are in the World in September 2025 hopefully we will meet you , Woody & maybe even Em but schools back then.
I appreciate your kind words Gillian and though I typically don’t vacation in September, there is a rumor Em’s district may institute a fall September break in 2025 - so you never know!! In any case, I hope you will document your travels again for us because your first trip report was 💯!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thank you for all of the wisdom, kindness, laughter, smiles and all of the feels you have given through your reports over the years. I'll have up until the end of May next year to use my AP, so I truly hope I get to see you!
Thank You So Much GIF by euphoria
I was sorry we missed each other this year, but good to know there’s a chance next year! Thanks for the kindness you gave me through all the years of reading and commenting. 💝

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
@Tuvalu- thank you for the many trip reports you have provided. I, for one, have read all of them and enjoyed them immensely and can only imagine how much of you time it has taken. We will be in WDW end of September to mid October 2024 and hope you may be there at some point. Enjoy the time away from writing and carry on enjoying your time with family 😍
I am humbled by your perseverance through all those trip reports!

Disney Persevere GIF by Mickey Mouse

I do hope our paths cross someday so I can thank you in person.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Golden Girls Goodbye GIF by TV Land

Loved your reports throughout the years. I'm planning on still reading plenty of your snark on other peoples reports.
With C living in FL, there’s gotta be a chance we can finally meet??!!

Lacey Chabert School GIF by TV Land

Don’t make me snark on you. :cautious: :joyfull:

FWIW, I will never ride GOTG again but I totally agree that I Ran would make the best accompanying soundtrack! (Although I am curious about Disco Inferno, as I’ve never read comments from anyone who’s gotten that rare song.)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Season 9 Thank You GIF by The Office

Thanks for sharing your adventures throughout the years. I’ve enjoyed reading them as well as being fortunate enough to be a small part of a few of them. Enjoy your trips without taking constant notes. I’ll see you around my friend!
Can a man of your stature be only a small part?

I don’t think so!!

I look forward to spending time with you….and A….and any other bonus tagalongs in the future!

1699224734777.png

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I have gained more insight from your TRs than i have from any blogger or vlogger. I appreciate the time you’ve taken in writing them all, and I’m so grateful to have a Tuvalu card. Hopefully i can get another one someday ❤️

I guess I’ll have to start looking for your responses more in the trip planning and General questions side of things 😂 We love you ❤️❤️
I can’t express my appreciation for you enough, Disneybound! Your challenge led to one of my favorite quests (and total mortification for my daughter) that still makes me laugh when I think about it.

To think it has been immortalized in your username is the cherry on top!

It would be a great pleasure to see you and A again. We gals can hang while the guys talk hometown stuff. ;)

❤️❤️

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Nooooo 😢 I got my Disney fixes through your trip reports but totally understand why you're stopping. It was only when I started doing them that I realized doing these reports sometimes changes how you experience your vacation. But I still selfishly hope that you decide to do a couple more after a nice long break LOL. However, I am stuck on the fact your first trip report was in 2014 because that's the year I started lurking on the boards - only later did I actually feel comfortable enough being active on these boards. And it does NOT feel like it's been almost 10 years.
Season 1 Time GIF by The Roku Channel

:happy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom