News Disney World's Magic Kingdom is experiencing widescale attraction closures this morning due to a bear

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
received_158427877312034_123783113490956.jpg

some other guy

Those huge flying cockroaches are scary....
the smart ones exploit that and fly at a person's face when they're cornered
Yes, a number of years ago a female was driving on I-95 in 2018 with her 2 kids through SC on a very darkened stretch in the middle of the night. A gator was in the middle of the road. She crashed into the gator, car traveled off the road and she and her kids lost their lives.
one time I was on a backroad down in Boca and there was a big iguana, like four foot, sunning himself in the middle of the narrow two lane street, so I had to get out and shoo him to at least one side so I could drive around him

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
the smart ones exploit that and fly at a person's face when they're cornered

one time I was on a backroad down in Boca and there was a big iguana, like four foot, sunning himself in the middle of the narrow two lane street, so I had to get out and shoo him to at least one side so I could drive around him

At least he wasn't frozen and falling on your car...or head.

DisneyDreamerxyz

One time right behind Magic Kingdom I was driving and the guy in front of me stopped suddenly and I was upset until I realized there was a big turtle crossing the street and he got out of his car picked it up moved it to the other side and kept going. People forget Disney World is surrounded by lots of undeveloped nature. There’s a lot of Armadillos in there too.

monorail81

Those are considered invasive……..would have been doing us a favor had you not shooed it. 😶

brettf22

Premium Member
I’m actually kinda surprised there haven’t been more bear sightings on property. Where there’s food, there’s bears. And correct me if I’m wrong, but I think there might possibly be some food on property.

Shoot, I live in the middle of a highly populated, high traffic county in a suburb of a major metropolitan area, and I’ve had a bear on our front porch, trying to eat bird seed. I’m thinking a turkey leg might be just a skosh more enticing.
IMG_6840_Original.jpeg

jaklgreen

Glad it all ended okay for both the bear and the people involved.

I feel bad for the tourists who's day was potentially ruined by this. Disney should have jumped into high gear proatively working to make things right first thing - maybe they did, hopefully they did (we haven't heard anything to suggest they didn't, right?) but regardless, I'm glad this ended with some bad bear jokes and a safely relocated animal.
It is hardly Disney's fault that a bear wandered onto property. If a bear parks himself in front of your garage and you can't get to work for a few hours, should your boss still pay you for the time that you weren't there? This is just part of life. We don't always get compensated for things that are out of our control.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom