News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

PiratesMansion

No, I didn't take you to be saying that, nor does it reflect my perception of what is and isn't of value in the parks (clearly, since I hold CBJ in very high regard). My point was that the problem as you framed it would require Genie+ to be scrapped or for CBJ to be added to the Genie+ lineup in order to level the playing field.
Because everyone agrees suddenly that Genie+ is a great thing?
OK, but the question of how they should do this remains unanswered.
Doesn't the idea to not treat the attraction as a second class citizen count as a proposal?

At any rate, it's not my job to make people care about CBJ-it's Disney's. And if Disney actually cared to keep around CBJ, they would have made an effort to do so and attract guests to it, other than the nothing they transparently did in reality. That they did nothing shows that they don't care and they were itching to be rid of it to replace it with Disney IP flavor of them month, as they are so inclined at the moment.

And defending this change only makes it easier for them to do it to Tiki Room and COP in due time.

Last edited:

Consumer

The truth is if it was an attendance issue, the best scenario would have been to convert the theater into a restaurant. You maintain the show and then it also becomes profitable.

DisneyFanatic12

Didn't seem to be a problem for the last 20 years and you'll find that the same can be said for Carousel of Progress.
Guess they can just have father sing disney songs too.
Certainly disappointed to see it go, and I wish they just sang country songs rather than Disney songs, but the popularity of the show has been dwindling for years. The show isn’t even open the whole day!

Carousel of Progress draws enough people to justify keeping it as-is still. Country Bear Jamboree, sadly, did not.

It’s like saying it’s a sad statement of Apple to see them release a new iPhone because their old one isn’t selling… if something is losing profitability, you bring new life into it!

Skywise

If you ran a theme park, would to keep an old attraction that wasn’t pulling in guests, just for the heck of it? Would you find ways to make it more relevant to a modern audience and their tastes? Or would you simply replace it, rather than update it?
They could've cycled back in the holiday shows which would've brought in variety to the show and rekindled interest. Heck - they're getting rid of this and they STILL haven't done anything about the Stitch's Great Escape space to ADD ride/show capacity!

DisneyFanatic12

As a person, not in the slightest. Based on what i've heard, she seems like a very nice person and also funny to boot. But i'm just not a fan of her music.
I’m in the same boat. Dolly Parton is an amazing person, and what she did for those impacted by the wildfire was EXTREMELY generous. However, it’s just not my genre.

Skywise

The truth is if it was an attendance issue, the best scenario would have been to convert the theater into a restaurant. You maintain the show and then it also becomes profitable.
And serve alcohol. That also seems to be top of the list with DisneyCorp these days. (and why they keep missing that with the tiki lounge escapes me...)

DisneyFanatic12

sure, but customers today are not the same as the last 50 years... nor is the last 50 years homogenous in itself. As they say... 'past performance is not indicative of future results'
Well said! Baseball was once the most popular sport, but many people today wouldn’t watch a game if it was free. Not to say that Baseball isn’t a good sport, it’s just that things that were once popular may not always be popular. Football is extremely popular now, but that isn’t because it’s necessarily better! Sure, it’s different! Many people find it more entertaining to watch, be one couldn’t really say one is better than the other.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom