News Walt Disney World Annual Passholder Merchandise Event

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Walt Disney World has announced a new Passholder Merchandise event taking place September 20 through September 23 at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex. A Virtual Queue will be used for this event.

Here is the announcement.

Passholders, join us for a special event full of shopping, snacks and more!

We invite you to take part in this unique shopping experience coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex from 9/20–9/23 where you can shop apparel, collectibles and more from past merchandise collections for up to 60% off! This event will be held at the AdventHealth Arena and will run from 10 a.m.–7 p.m. daily. Passholders can secure their spot to shop by visiting the My Disney Experience app and joining the virtual queue starting at 8 a.m.

Passholders can also be amongst the first to preview and purchase some items coming to Walt Disney World® Resort this fall using their regular Passholder discount!

Food trucks, photo ops and exclusive food & beverage items will also be available to enjoy in and around the arena before and after shopping.

So get ready to save big and savor all this special event has to offer!

This event will run from 10 a.m.–7 p.m. daily. The virtual queue will open at 8 a.m. every morning on the My Disney Experience app. Passholders will have a 2-hour window to return to the AdventHealth Arena in the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex once their group has been called. An Annual Passholder card, Disney MagicMobile Pass, MagicBand, or MagicBand+ and photo ID will be required for check-in. Each member of your party must be an Annual Passholder and have a spot in the virtual queue. Passholders may not bring nonPassholder Guests.

Any discounts are for personal use only and may not be used to purchase merchandise with the intent to resell the merchandise; not valid on certain items and may not be combined with any other discount, offer or promotion and subject to change without notice.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Details on the Virtual Queue for this event.

A virtual queue will be in place for this event. Passholders will need to use the My Disney Experience app to join the virtual queue; a standby queue will not be available.

Here’s how it works:
  • You can request to join the virtual queue for this event starting at 8:00 AM on the day of the event.
  • You do not need to be at Walt Disney World Resort to join the virtual queue.
  • Once your group is called, you’ll have up to 2 hours to check in at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex. This merchandise event ends at 7:00 PM, so be sure to allow enough time for you to shop.

Richie248

Out of state Passholder so usually not in town for some of this stuff, will be non my Fall trip during this event. Will try and head over! There was somme 50th merch I never pulled the trigger on so maybe it will be worth the effort.

chama1

I wish Disney would bring back their Holiday sales for Passholders, at Disney Springs that was held real early in the morning for one day only. It was so much fun, we loved it, with all the items, the hot chocolate, etc. Holiday music and the weather was just like up north. Disney held it for a couple of years then the stopped.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Wow. An opportunity to take time to be in a virtual queue ... to go to Wide World of Sports ... to buy merch that wasn't very popular the first time it was available.

I'm closer to a sunshine pumper than an Eeyore but even I think this one's a real reach.

That said there are two things I like here. First, I like that one needs to be a passholder to even be part of a group. People are going out of their way to get there so it'd stink to have nonpassholders buying stuff before your group is called.

Second, I like that are at least trying to scare off resellers. "Any discounts are for personal use only and may not be used to purchase merchandise with the intent to resell the merchandise." But it won't work if Disney doesn't go after resellers and suspend or rescind their APs for violations. There's also some irony that resellers are allowed to but new merch but not old merch. "Thank you for buying 50 pins in the parks today, but no you're not welcome to resell this passholder event stuff."

DisneyOutsider

Second, I like that are at least trying to scare off resellers. "Any discounts are for personal use only and may not be used to purchase merchandise with the intent to resell the merchandise." But it won't work if Disney doesn't go after resellers and suspend or rescind their APs for violations. There's also some irony that resellers are allowed to but new merch but not old merch. "Thank you for buying 50 pins in the parks today, but no you're not welcome to resell this passholder event stuff."
This is merch that they couldn't move initially even with the 30% AP discount earlier this year. I seriously doubt the re-sellers will give a damn about this event.

yensidtlaw1969

The 50th merch did not do well at all, and there is a lot left apparently.
Gee, I wonder why. Could it be that creating underwhelming merchandise to commemorate an underwhelming celebration is a recipe for underwhelming numbers?

I showed up October 1st 2021 ready to empty my wallet. Unfortunately, they gave me next to no reason to.

Meanwhile I've still got collectibles from Disneyland's 50th that I'm chasing down on eBay all these years later. The merchandising for that celebration was spectacular. It should have been studied.

JoeCamel

To be fair, the Universal Garage Sale wasn't anywhere near top of the line merch - but it was a very fun event! And I got some killer deals on some things.
It was HHN leftovers with everything they could scrape out of the corners in hopes it sells. Like any sale I saw plenty of volume that I still didn't want even at giveaway pricing but also some higher end stuff at "reasonable" prices rather than the in park price.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Gee, I wonder why. Could it be that creating underwhelming merchandise to commemorate an underwhelming celebration is a recipe for underwhelming numbers?

I showed up October 1st 2021 ready to empty my wallet. Unfortunately, they gave me next to no reason

We had to go to the CO OP at the Springs for any 50th merch because it wasn't in Magic Kingdom.

Figments Friend

The 50th merch did not do well at all, and there is a lot left apparently.
This I can confirm, being here on Property now.
I am surprised to see a LOT of the 50th merch still in the shops here at the Parks and Resorts.

Was over at AKL last night and saw several 50th items there, and several more over at MK today at the Emporium.
First time I have seen ‘prior promotion’ anniversary merch still being sold after the actual allotted time period.

We live in strange times, indeed.
Great if you were hoping to buy more 50th things…

-

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
The Virtual Queue for this event has been added to My Disney Experience.

IMG_DD717DA481B2-1.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom