Bounceback Offers Return to Walt Disney World

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They did do that though, the prices and growing crowds - and had record crowds in 2018/19 where the biggest complain was the crowd levels

So isn't really a 15 year ago issu more what they did then which was to raise prices and try to distribute the crowd which worked (for them) for a while but now that demand has slacked a bit, isn't working

Really probably needed to have a bigger plan for expanding the other existing parks, probably thinking of a 5th gate and expanding value accomodations - but they got so focused on quarterly earnings that they wants to maximize spend per guest not total spend.

Then Vivid happened and D+ was propping up the stock price until analysts/investors realized streaming isn't all it is cracked up to be and now they are not positioned well in a couple of areas moving forward

They need to make trips easier and make guests happy and get them talking to their friends about how amazing the trip was. If you do that no on minds spending a little more than expected - they do mind spending more for a lesser product that takes more work to, well, work
Your logic is flawed if you think “crowd levels” was ever the reason for anything.

Crowd levels were handled with longer hours and more space for the first 30 years in Orlando. What have they done since?

They’re more arsonists…light the fire, allow the fire to grow and then showed up with a bucket of water and charged $25 for it

Last edited:

Lilofan

Your logic is flawed if you think “crowd levels” was ever the reason for anything.

Crowd levels were handled with longer hours and more space for the first 30 years in Orlando. What have they done since?

They’re more arsonists…light the fire, allow the fire to grow and then showed up with a bucket of water and charged $25 for it
Loyalists will pay top dollar even for water. After Splash Mountain closed at MK, a savvy guest with documentation sold 4oz of SM water for $125 online to the highest bidder.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Loyalists will pay top dollar even for water. After Splash Mountain closed at MK, a savvy guest with documentation sold 4oz of SM water for $125 online to the highest bidder.
If you’re saying “there’s a sucker born everyday minute”…then I never had a reason to doubt it.

But that’s not my point. The point was they allowed the attendance to outgrow their ops to exploit/repackage/resell it.
Great idea from a business standpoint IF you don’t let it get outta hand. The beast will eat the owner.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They’re basically begging people to come to Disney. It’s getting pretty sad. What other discounts are they going to come up with next 😜 hopefully they realize the product they’re selling isn’t what it used to be
“Special annual passholder rates” is the next ploy…then the dining plan nonsense…

And the stock market hasn’t tanked yet. Buckle up

eliza61nyc

Ummm wildly inflated prices to see foamheads making your kids smile is what you want then yes you will pay $65 for Mickey Waffles and bad coffee. Part of the territory if you choose to play the game
And absolutely nothing wrong with that. My brother retired to Vegas hid granddaughters unfortunately live in NYC. Every other year he takes them to the fairygod mother tea at the grand Floridan for a ridiculous price, some thing like 600 bucks for 3 girls. But he claims the memories and joy it brings is worth every dime. Yes some times seeing the foamheads making your kid smile is worth the money. Personally I'd rather that than the worthless apple junk most folks buy.

eliza61nyc

They’re basically begging people to come to Disney. It’s getting pretty sad. What other discounts are they going to come up with next 😜 hopefully they realize the product they’re selling isn’t what it used to be
Lol why are discounts "sad". Lol wdwmagic, the only place where people complain about the cost, then turn around and complain when there is a discount 🤣

Personally, I'm used to be a "frugalista" so I'm on team "full steam ahead with all discounts "

drizgirl

And absolutely nothing wrong with that. My brother retired to Vegas hid granddaughters unfortunately live in NYC. Every other year he takes them to the fairygod mother tea at the grand Floridan for a ridiculous price, some thing like 600 bucks for 3 girls. But he claims the memories and joy it brings is worth every dime. Yes some times seeing the foamheads making your kid smile is worth the money. Personally I'd rather that than the worthless apple junk most folks buy.
You think the kids going to the $600 tea aren't also getting the apple junk?

DisneyDreamerxyz

Full-time cast are guaranteed a minimum of 32 hours per union guidelines, I just wanted to throw that out here.
Many cast are being asked if they want to go home early or have the day off (sometimes aggressively) and part timers are not getting scheduled at all and haven’t for months, I’m sure many PT will start quitting soon because they have to beg for shifts every week - often not even at their home location.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Lol why are discounts "sad". Lol wdwmagic, the only place where people complain about the cost, then turn around and complain when there is a discount 🤣

Personally, I'm used to be a "frugalista" so I'm on team "full steam ahead with all discounts "
No one is complaining about discounts. The poster is saying *Disney* is begging people to come and even with discounts, they aren’t. *They* are sad, not the consumers who are NOT biting, or buying, what Disney is selling these days.

JD80

All the discounts out there are not unprecedented and have been around for years and at the same time.

We don't even have free dining offers yet.

You can start chirping once we start seeing free g+, free dining, free ills, free buy x gwt y free or big Ole package deals.

Ayla

All the discounts out there are not unprecedented and have been around for years and at the same time.

We don't even have free dining offers yet.

You can start chirping once we start seeing free g+, free dining, free ills, free buy x gwt y free or big Ole package deals.
Ah, moving the goalposts. 😂👍🏻

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom