Toy Story Hotel Planned to replace Paradise Pier Hotel?

TP2000

I've eaten at Hash House in Vegas. One heckuva breakfast they have there. Giant pancakes or maybe their sage fried chicken and waffles.

View attachment 666384

And in Las Vegas, if you are doing it correctly, "breakfast" arrives either at 3 AM or 12 Noon. Maybe a bit later. Either way, I'm sure all those carbs and simple proteins soaking up the sins of the previous day are worth their weight in gold.

Viva Las Vegas!

denyuntilcaught

By contracting out to Great Maple, this is a cheap and quick way for TDA to get a functioning restaurant into their remodeled Pixar hotel. Of course, Great Maple has absolutely nothing to do with Pixar or anything Disney. But that no longer seems to matter to Burbank and TDA.

Storytelling? Showmanship? A coherent theme? Who cares!?

Agreed. Great Maple is an odd thematic fit - to say the least - but I actually do vouch for it as a location. I was actually pretty excited to hear that this, along with Din Tai Fung, are coming to the DLR. About time we get some real eateries on property that aren't Patina Group.

Plus, Great Maple is a stellar brunch spot, and the decor (at least of the one in Pasadena) is quite chic.

Consumer

I feel like the red, yellow and blue stripes are supposed to represent some PIXAR movie, but I can't pinpoint which one...
The colors represent the Pixar Ball.

I understand that Disney can't use the Luxo Lamp to represent Pixar for legal reasons, and obviously a Luxo Lamp doesn't make for a good color scheme, but I think if you asked the average consumer what Pixar is represented by, they'd 99/100 they would say the Luxo Lamp.

The Pixar Ball is associated with Pixar, but Pixar isn't necessarily associated with the Pixar Ball, making it a poor icon for the brand.

PiratesMansion

I kinda like it. I mean, it pops a lot more than the 90s beige and teal blah-fest. 🤷‍♀️
In fairness, I certainly couldn't tell them what to do with that hotel to make it pop AND ALSO not be garish. I think the building design itself is a limiting factor. Is there anything that can be done to a building that looks like that and NOT have it look like lipstick on a pig?

Probably the best I can think of is to go full Cabana Bay on the property, but even if they did go that route I'm sure they'd botch it. You're not getting any Grand Californians with the people currently in charge of Disney's hotel portfolio.

DCBaker

Premium Member
New concept art has been released for the Pixar Place Hotel.

Disney also says the Great Maple restaurant is set to open this fall.

Inside Pixar Place Hotel at Disneyland

“Finding Nemo”-themed splash pad - Inside Pixar Place Hotel at Disneyland

New Restaurant Great Maple Inside Pixar Place Hotel at Disneyland

Full details below.

NobodyElse

New concept art has been released for the Pixar Place Hotel.

Disney also says the Great Maple restaurant is set to open this fall.

“Finding Nemo”-themed splash pad - Inside Pixar Place Hotel at Disneyland

New Restaurant Great Maple Inside Pixar Place Hotel at Disneyland

Full details below.

Great Maple will be a decent option for some people. I've dined at their Fashion Island location several times.

Phroobar

‪186 foot high water slide? That’s as tall as Cinderella Castle or a 19 story building. Maybe 186 foot long? ‬
It is the same water slide that is there right now but with Nemo stuff on it. It sits on top of the parking structure screaming "World Class Hotel". They lose the wadding pool for a splash pad that probably won't be turned on because none of the splash pads in the resort are ever turned on.

iu

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom