The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Phroobar

Exec 1: "Wait! How much is that going to cost?"
Exec 2: "More than we are going to get a capex for."
Exec 1: "Just close them instead. No one comes to Disneyland for the rides anyway."

Phroobar

Saw GOTG 3 last weekend and all I can say is I need some Teefs merch.
Drax and Mantis should have gotten Star Lord one of these for Christmas instead of Kevin Bacon.

iu

SuddenStorm

Poster was designed for WDW by Larry Nikolai:

Don’t believe Splash had a poster at DL before this. The park and land logo were changed, leaving the WDW-designed attraction logo in place

Of course, this leaves us with more questions. Pinocchio's Daring Journey got an attraction poster in '83, Star Tours got an attraction poster in '87, Captain Eo got a poster in '86, Indy got an attraction poster in '95.

So why would they have skipped making a proper attraction poster for Splash in '89, waiting until '92 when the attraction was duplicated out in Florida?

And, how in the heck did Disney's QC department allow the wrong logo to make it's way to the Anaheim version of the poster, especially during the early '90s when the people running the place were far more competent than those today?

mickEblu

Original Poster
Of course, this leaves us with more questions. Pinocchio's Daring Journey got an attraction poster in '83, Star Tours got an attraction poster in '87, Captain Eo got a poster in '86, Indy got an attraction poster in '95.

So why would they have skipped making a proper attraction poster for Splash in '89, waiting until '92 when the attraction was duplicated out in Florida?

And, how in the heck did Disney's QC department allow the wrong logo to make it's way to the Anaheim version of the poster, especially during the early '90s when the people running the place were far more competent than those today?

Agree on the first two points. Definitely puzzling.

I’m leaning toward it being a creative choice to go with MK’s logo for the Disneyland poster. Things like the Splash 25th anniversary poster having the correct DL logo leads me to believe this as well.

CaptinEO

Fresh baked is dropping the rumor that Steakhouse 55 is coming back along with a new upscale restaurant at the new tower.
It should've never closed in the first place without an alternative.

They need more casual/grab and go places for the hotels at Disneyland. Seems like everything is a buffet only or character dining.

What I love about Disney World is every hotel I've stayed at has both grab and go places by the bus stops AND sitdown places.

Disneyland is just all about forcing people to buy into buffets. Sometimes you just want to get something fast after a long day.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Found out that we know the winner of the 2 billion dollar power ball a few months ago. Here’s what’s crazier. We also know the owner of the store who sold the ticket. I feel like the odds of knowing the winner and the seller of the ticket are lower than winning the lottery itself and yet I have nothing to show for it. Haha.

DLR92

Found out that we know the winner of the 2 billion dollar power ball a few months ago. Here’s what’s crazier. We also know the owner of the store who sold the ticket. I feel like the odds of knowing the winner and the seller of the ticket are lower than winning the lottery itself and yet I have nothing to show for it. Haha.
Someone in 7-Eleven? :oops:

Consumer

On one hand, Indiana Jones Adventure lives another day, but I'm still sad to hear the Indiana Jones movie sucks. I wasn't one of those dweebs demanding Kathleen Kennedy's resignation after the failures of the sequel trilogy (as bad as The Rise of Skywalker was, I don't care enough about non-OT Star Wars to be emotionally invested), but destroying Indiana Jones' legacy is unacceptable in my eyes.

CaptinEO

On one hand, Indiana Jones Adventure lives another day, but I'm still sad to hear the Indiana Jones movie sucks. I wasn't one of those dweebs demanding Kathleen Kennedy's resignation after the failures of the sequel trilogy (as bad as The Rise of Skywalker was, I don't care enough about non-OT Star Wars to be emotionally invested), but destroying Indiana Jones' legacy is unacceptable in my eyes.
Not defending this but I don't know anyone who was looking forward to this when it was announced 5 years ago. I'm a huge Indiana Jones fan. I saw the trailer and it looked like more generic marvel esque cgi heavy garbage.

With Indy 4 the public consensus was they were pushing it due to Harrison's age and that was 15 years ago.

I actually really liked Indy 4 but the majority seemed to hate it. I think many would argue George Lucas ruined Star Wars and Indiana Jones before it even got to Disney.

I agree though Lucasfilm under Disney / Kennedy has been nothing short of disastrous. The sad part is how they bungled a trilogy that had the original star wars cast back.

Consumer

Not defending this but I don't know anyone who was looking forward to this when it was announced 5 years ago. I'm a huge Indiana Jones fan.

With Indy 4 the public consensus was they were pushing it due to Harrison's age and that was 15 years ago.

I actually really liked Indy 4 but the majority seemed to hate it. I think many would argue George Lucas ruined Star Wars and Indiana Jones before it even got to Disney.

I agree though Lucasfilm under Disney / Kennedy has been nothing short of disastrous. The sad part is how they bungled a trilogy that had the original star wars cast back.
There's no reason old man Indiana Jones couldn't work, but it seems (from reviews) the movie decides to belittle the character, which is completely unnecessary.

CaptinEO

There's no reason old man Indiana Jones couldn't work, but it seems (from reviews) the movie decides to belittle the character, which is completely unnecessary.
I mean to me it can't work as an action movie to have old Harrison so it would have to completely change the type of movie. It just isn't worth making more. People should just enjoy their memories of things and not wish for more.

D.Silentu

When they announced a fifth Indiana Jones, I wondered how it might work given Harrison Ford's age. The best I could come up with was a movie that skewed closer to The Da Vinci Code or National Treasure. One that was more about solving an ancient mystery and deciphering clues. The action would have had to be more vehicular based; it was enough of a stretch seeing Ford duking it out with youngsters in the fourth movie. Instead, it really looks like they're setting up this film's co-star to take over the series. If that's true, they ought to be reminded that the series is named 'Indiana Jones.'

mickEblu

Original Poster
These supermarkets (Ralph’s) are getting really aggressive with their aisle displays. You don’t even have room for two way traffic. Obnoxious.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom