MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Only thing that bothers me about Dreams' Return is Wendy's Projection doesn't show up in the Finale until she flies off with Peter..........
I also noticed some imaging issues in the Lion King segment. Some of the projections weren't in sync with the others. But other than those and the reduced pyro (the full shell fans that used to be on the sides are missed), Dreams returned in top form.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
This is definitely not the right place to discuss this, but isn't it weird that for the European leg of the Disney100 Exhibit, they didn't choose a model of Paris' SBC to exhibit? They really went with Hong Kong's Castle of Magical Dreams which... is a choice. Especially for a European audience.

What happened to the original SBC models anyway? I vaguely remember Tom Morris saying that 3 models went on tour but it seems they were discarded afterward...

Last edited:

Moon knight

This is definitely not the right place to discuss this, but isn't it weird that for the European leg of the Disney100 Exhibit, they didn't choose a model of Paris' SBC to exhibit? They really went with Hong Kong's Castle of Magical Dreams which... is a choice. Especially for a European audience.

What happened to the original SBC models anyway? I vaguely remember Tom Morris saying that 3 models went on tour but it seems they were discarded afterward...

* the Disney Galery, Disney Village
* One man's dream, DHS
* a third one was exibited in the Main Street Gallery, Disneyland CA.

Last edited:

Moon knight

As a reminder, the Fan-tastic Food Truck was initially designed as the Swawarma Palace Food Truck.

2021-disneyland-dca-avengers-campus-opening-schwarma-palace.jpg
IMG_5241-scaled.jpg

UpAllNight

So I’ve visited Efteling in the Netherlands for the first time, and I don‘t think this warrants it’s own thread, but as competition for Disneyland Paris, it kind of works here.

It’s a genuinely fantastic, historic, park, which feels a level above most other European parks in execution.

The park is absolutely spotless & I have to say I found the prices to be respectful and I never felt like I was being taken for a fool. To be honest, Disneyland Paris is better than USA in this regard too.

Food is significantly better at Efteling than Disneyland Paris, and it really adds to the experience.

I didn’t visit with children, but I did feel that Efteling did “kids areas“ much better than Disneyland Paris. They just seemed to be all over, and well varied, for example there was a splash area, which seemed a popular, but interesting choice, given the climate.

The forest area was absolutely incredible, and I can’t imagine why Disney haven‘t replicated such a concept beyond capacity / busyness issues. For anyone who hasn‘t visited Efteling, they have a huge fairytale area based on historic/original variations, with walkthrough attractions with show scenes and it’s just great. It’s kind of like a much expanded version of the Disneyland California Mainstreet windows, but with full-vision scenes. It’s fantastic, and there’s no queuing. It’s a park within a park.

Having done Disneyland Paris & Efteling in the same year, enjoying both in relative quiet periods, I think Disney has a little more to offer at this moment, but it’s also pricier. For many, they’ll judge the difference in price vs benefit as tipping the advantage to Efteling, which is relevant as DLP does face increasing competition from smaller parks, getting more aggressive in their growth plans. Brand Disney is doing the heavy lifting, I feel.

Disney have to work harder in Paris. They’re nailing entertainment, but they face a fight for competition from European parks which seem to be growing in ambition.

Last edited:

BrianLo

So I’ve visited Efteling in the Netherlands for the first time, and I don‘t think this warrants it’s own thread, but as competition for Disneyland Paris, it kind of works here.

It’s a genuinely fantastic, historic, park, which feels a level above most other European parks in execution.

The park is absolutely spotless & I have to say I found the prices to be respectful and I never felt like I was being taken for a fool. To be honest, Disneyland Paris is better than USA in this regard too.

Food is significantly better at Efteling than Disneyland Paris, and it really adds to the experience.

I didn’t visit with children, but I did feel that Efteling did “kids areas“ much better than Disneyland Paris. They just seemed to be all over, and well varied, for example there was a splash area, which seemed a popular, but interesting choice, given the climate.

The forest area was absolutely incredible, and I can’t imagine why Disney haven‘t replicated such a concept beyond capacity / busyness issues. For anyone who hasn‘t visited Efteling, they have a huge fairytale area based on historic/original variations, with walkthrough attractions with show scenes and it’s just great. It’s kind of like a much expanded version of the Disneyland California Mainstreet windows, but with full-vision scenes. It’s fantastic, and there’s no queuing. It’s a park within a park.

Having done Disneyland Paris & Efteling in the same year, enjoying both in relative quiet periods, I think Disney has a little more to offer at this moment, but it’s also pricier. For many, they’ll judge the difference in price vs benefit as tipping the advantage to Efteling, which is relevant as DLP does face increasing competition from smaller parks, getting more aggressive in their growth plans. Brand Disney is doing the heavy lifting, I feel.

Disney have to work harder in Paris. They’re nailing entertainment, but they face a fight for competition from European parks which seem to be growing in ambition.

I'd rank Efteling over many Disney and Universal parks. It seems a bit slept on amongst the English language forum.

Fairy Tale Forest is single handily amongst or is the greatest 'walk-through' attraction in any theme park. Unless you get into the weeds and find a similar setup that is the entire purpose of the attraction you are visiting (i.e. a non-ride based park) or I guess considered World Showcase as one giant walk through attraction.

Their new gate hotel, if it carries through the concept art, looks to put most of Disney and Universal's recent attempts to shame.

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
I'd rank Efteling over many Disney and Universal parks. It seems a bit slept on amongst the English language forum.

Fairy Tale Forest is single handily amongst or is the greatest 'walk-through' attraction in any theme park. Unless you get into the weeds and find a similar setup that is the entire purpose of the attraction you are visiting (i.e. a non-ride based park) or I guess considered World Showcase as one giant walk through attraction.

Their new gate hotel, if it carries through the concept art, looks to put most of Disney and Universal's recent attempts to shame.
I haven't been to it or Europa Park but I imagine they're both better than Walt Disney Studios or Universal Singapore at the VERY least.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom