Guests visiting people staying onsite???

NicNoc1203

Original Poster
My sister and niece will be coming to hang out with us on our resort day, will they be able to park in the resort lot, and hang at the pool with us? What info will they need to give the guards? Our name and room number? Also, if we pick up a car after we check in, what info should I have so I don’t get towed?

SplashJacket

My sister and niece will be coming to hang out with us on our resort day, will they be able to park in the resort lot, and hang at the pool with us? What info will they need to give the guards? Our name and room number? Also, if we pick up a car after we check in, what info should I have so I don’t get towed?
In the past, you were just able to say "I'm visiting xyz person for a couple hours" and they're fine. Then they'll verify their details. So really all you should need is the room number and the name the reservation is under. There should be no charge.

From Disney's website:
1680235459451.png

They should let you through no problem whatsoever. We've done this many times before, even when overnight parking was not complimentary.

Theoretically if they say no, which they won't, just say you're planning on dining at one of the quick service restaurants. You're perfectly allowed to have visitors, so if they still say no (which they won't) just go Karen and ask for someone else in charge and they'll either let you through because they don't want to deal with you, someone will come and let you through, or you'll have a story you can email guest relations and get free park tickets, in the end, all works out.

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Which resort are you staying at?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
In that case it should be okay with them hanging with you at the pool. All pool gates are locked but if you open with your MagicBand/key card they can follow you in. WL does not require ID for wristbands like Yacht & Beach and Poly.

Have your sister give your name and room number at the guard gate and they should be allowed to park in the lot.

Likewise if you rent a car after check in you can either tell the guard at the gate or open the returning guests gate with your band or key card. (There aren’t any dashboard paper passes anymore.) You won’t get towed.

Eric Graham

If it's certain resorts like the Beach Club, then they check your magic band to make sure you're staying at the resort to use the pool.

ohioguy

Depending on the resort you’re at, they may not be able to visit the pool though. I mainly thinking of SAB at YC/BC where they scan every guest’s MB/room key to get in.
Yes, the nicer resorts don't want riff-raff visiting (sarcasm -- it's ridiculous policy)

Minnesota disney fan

My daughter used to visit us at WDW for a few days each trip.
I would just go to the front desk and let them know when she was coming and her name, etc.
They must have notified the guards because she never had a problem getting into the resort.
I think they appreciated that I told them about her staying a few days because they usually said just claim her as a day guest and there will be no charge. I was never charged for an extra person. But this was before Covid and all the changes.

NelleBelle

Yes, the nicer resorts don't want riff-raff visiting (sarcasm -- it's ridiculous policy)
Well, yes and no (the policy, not the Riff-raff 😉). People have abused the parking at the resorts that are close to the parks for "free" parking so now WDW has taken the stance of "not a guest/no ADRs? No parking"! I remember when we could park at the BWI and grab and ice cream and walk around the boardwalk for an hour or two but we don't dare do that now (when we have a car).

jaklgreen

It is Disney's policy that you can not use the pool if you are not a registered guest. I am pretty sure that it is standard in the hotel industry to not allow those who are not registered guests to use the amenities. Can you imagine if everyone did that, just invited those who are not staying at the hotel to use the pool? Do people go to their local Marriott and use the pool when they are not a registered guest? I find that many have this strange mentality when it comes to Disney that they somehow "owe" people the use of their product for free. I am sorry OP, but your sister and niece should not use the pool unless they are registered guests. If you are not at max occupancy for your room, you can go to the front desk and add them.

NicNoc1203

Original Poster
It is Disney's policy that you can not use the pool if you are not a registered guest. I am pretty sure that it is standard in the hotel industry to not allow those who are not registered guests to use the amenities. Can you imagine if everyone did that, just invited those who are not staying at the hotel to use the pool? Do people go to their local Marriott and use the pool when they are not a registered guest? I find that many have this strange mentality when it comes to Disney that they somehow "owe" people the use of their product for free. I am sorry OP, but your sister and niece should not use the pool unless they are registered guests. If you are not at max occupancy for your room, you can go to the front desk and add them.
I am not sure why you feel the need to be rude in your reply. If I felt “entitled” or the Disney owes me something I would not have asked the policy to begin with. I would have just brought them in. A simple yes or no response would suffice.

ToTBellHop

They simply cannot allow it at a place like SAB. It’s not a ridiculous policy. It is a very popular pool that easily fills just with guests at the resorts. If they allowed guests, people would charge strangers to pretend they are friends just to get in. And if I were paying to stay at Yacht Club and it were filled with randos, I’d be angry.

Most other pools don’t have that issue and can allow guests.

jaklgreen

I am not sure why you feel the need to be rude in your reply. If I felt “entitled” or the Disney owes me something I would not have asked the policy to begin with. I would have just brought them in. A simple yes or no response would suffice.
It wasn't meant to be rude to you, only to point out the mentality differences between how someone feels about WDW compared to other hotels. To stop and think, "would I be considering this if I was staying at the Hyatt down the street from me", type of thing. Most would say "no", that they would not even think of asking that, but many seem to feel different when we talk about Disney resorts. It is an observation.

ppete1975

Its really not, I have seen tons of people come to hotels pools at disney that arent staying there and basically using disney as their private pool, this was before the cups that had rfid and they would fill up their cups from years ago or non disney cups and fill up several containers. One or two isnt a big deal but when you have dozens of people do it, then it becomes an issue. The reason for the rfid chips is the same reason this was started.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom