News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
Donald Duck Lol GIF

BaconPancakes

King Charles III is not the King of England. He is King of the United Kingdom of Great Britian and Northern Ireland.

Tha last King of England Was WILLIAM III who died in 1702. There hasn't been a King or Queen of England longer than there has been a United States of America.
You actually created a new username for this? What past member are you? 🤔

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Wait, So the new board couldn't bother to show up or send representatives to a public meeting of what they were taking over? Would that be considered lazy, ignorant, just plain stupid? All of the above?
Also Disney: Our lawyers are smarter than your lawyers:joyfull:
If it does turn out that they pooched this…it really shouldn’t surprise.

This is a group of inexperienced elected hacks - look them up - and they have to hire their own staff

Disney…on the other hand…is a Dow 30 company. Did anyone think chapek hired the lawyers?
No way…too much money at stake. Well above his pay grade. Remember that the board was also taking orders from someone else…
…the whole time

Last edited:

LittleBuford

Full article on it:
View attachment 707165

I may not understand much legal stuff but this is just really funny to me.
From the article:

Among other things, the agreement spells out that the district is barred from using the Disney name without the corporation’s approval or “fanciful characters such as Mickey Mouse.”​
That declaration is valid until “21 years after the death of the last survivor of the descendants of King Charles III, king of England,” according to the document.​

Is this intended as trolling? Doesn’t such obvious mockery (I assume that’s what it is) weaken Disney’s case if the agreement is challenged in court?

ETA: As others go on to point out, this is actually a real thing:

Last edited:

SoFloMagic

From the article:

Among other things, the agreement spells out that the district is barred from using the Disney name without the corporation’s approval or “fanciful characters such as Mickey Mouse.”​
That declaration is valid until “21 years after the death of the last survivor of the descendants of King Charles III, king of England,” according to the document.​

Is this intended as trolling? Doesn’t such obvious mockery (I assume that’s what it is) weaken Disney’s case if the agreement is challenged in court?
Not a lawyer, but it sounds like this was a decision passed in an appropriatly called meeting by an appropriately-elected board.

Florida just didn't see it coming.

Drdcm

This is probably a stupid question, but could the board just retaliate by closing the roads, since that is still apparently their responsibility?

lazyboy97o

Also, important to remember that the Florida legislature is still in session until May. It’s not all of the possibility that the house or the senate could introduce new legislation regarding potential dissolution of the cities, or further legislation relating to the district.
They can try but the challenge will be not targeting these specific contracts doing it in a way that isn’t technically just about these contracts.

MagicHappens1971

From the article:

No. They tied the contract to several peoples lives, in the event the contracts perpetuity clause could be ended. It’s a backup plan. Also mocking someone doesn’t make the law/legally binding contracts any less valid.

SoFloMagic

No. They tied the contract to several peoples lives, in the event the contracts perpetuity clause could be ended. It’s a backup plan. Also mocking someone doesn’t make the law/legally binding contracts any less valid.
Also the "Its not fair, they did this at an advertised meeting of the board I was set to join, how could I be expected to know about this" argument isn't super strong

Couchman's View

King Charles III is not the King of England. He is King of the United Kingdom of Great Britian and Northern Ireland.

Tha last King of England Was WILLIAM III who died in 1702. There hasn't been a King or Queen of England longer than there has been a United States of America.
Charles III (Charles Philip Arthur George; born 14 November 1948) is King of the United Kingdom and the 14 other Commonwealth realms.[a] Since England is part of the United Kingdom, Charles is King of England. Sorry, no loop hole here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom