Moana, Mirabel and Figment meet and greet details confirmed for Walt Disney World

zipadee999

Even though I’m not the biggest Figzilla fan I think that’s the only way they can continue to play it safe and leave some wiggle room. They can’t do the puppet version because they don’t have anyone to be holding him. Dreamfinder can’t be holding him because they need to be coherent with the current attraction (unfortunately), and they can’t have an imagination institute worker holding him because they likely don’t want to push that theme any further for when they do decide to overhaul the pavilion.

I wouldn’t be surprised if figzilla is temporary and we get the original puppet version after they announce the future of the pavilion.

MrPromey

I really hope it isn't Figzilla. That'd be very disappointing.

You know, that was my first thought, too and I was thinking "I'm being nit-picky about this" but I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.

I think because we have always seen him in physical form next to dreamfinder and in a space where we can compare his size roughly to our own in the "real world", it's more of an issue than a giant animated character like Mickey or Donald which obviously aren't life size but also weren't presented at life sized scale to any of their peers, either, i.e. a mouse, a duck, and a dog all being roughly the same size, for example.

It still bugs me that Moana is apparently still destined for a park dedicated to animals and nobody seems to have a problem with that. There is no subtly, here. This isn't like Tarzan or Jungle Book where most characters were animals.

The Mirabel setup is the only one I don't have reservations about.

trainplane3

You know, that was my first thought, too and I was thinking "I'm being nit-picky about this" but I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.

I think because we have always seen him in physical form next to dreamfinder and in a space where we can compare his size roughly to our own in the "real world", it's more of an issue than a giant animated character like Mickey or Donald which obviously aren't life size but also weren't presented at life sized scale to any of their peers, either, i.e. a mouse, a duck, and a dog all being roughly the same size, for example.
For me it's just the fact you know it's been in development for nearly a year when it was announced and if the best thing they could do is Figzilla 2, then what's the point of hyping it up? They probably have the old costume still.

OwlHouseKing97

In the Parks
No
Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

Just feels like a simple shift and shimmy with the Epcot side of characters.. Mickey gets moved back from Magic Eye back to Communicore and I'm pretty sure they will move Figment there because, Dreamfinder forbid they don't want to move Vanellope or Joy out of there...🙄

And honestly, it's taking them until fall.....Fall mind you to take that long to have a meet and greet area for Mirabel be made...:banghead:

WorldExplorer

Well, this chalks Animal Kingdom up to half the amount of meet-able characters they used to have. Wonderful.

Any additions are nice, I guess.

I guess all the speculation was wrong and they didn't think to put a meet space in the Moana themed attraction at Epcot (unless that's going to take even longer).

Cmdr_Crimson

I'm assuming Merida moves over to FairyTale Hall to replace Elena or starts showing up in the UK Pavilion? Seems a waste to not have her over at UK a lot given she's Scottish.
It's quite simple really...
tumblr_pda8ib2AYc1qj50dho2_250.gif

mastromjm

In the Parks
Yes
I really hope it isn't Figzilla. That'd be very disappointing.
Thankfully, though it will be a walk-around character, it will not be "Figzilla" and will be closer in height to Mickey, Donald, etc. Still would rather Dreamfinder & Figment personally.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom