News Zootopia and Moana Blue Sky concepts for Disney's Animal Kingdom

doctornick

If they really want to add a flume ride to Animal Kingdom, why not do one based on The Jungle Book?

I mean, I wouldn't want THAT shoehorned into Dinoland either, but surely there's some space in Asia for it.
If Moana goes into DAK, it wouldn’t be “part of” Dinoland. It would be part of a detached new land (Oceania?) separate from Dinoland.

lazyboy97o

I don’t think it’s FoP either. I was just wondering if it could even fit
You can now buy flying theaters that are significantly smaller than Soarin’ Over California. It would be possible to reduce the physical size of the Flight of Passage ride system and layout similar to how Brogent’s m-Ride is a smaller version of their i-Ride flying theater. I doubt James Cameron would ever be on board with a “LieMAX” version of Flight of Passage, but it could be done.

gerarar

Premium Member
Replacing and retheming Dinosaur to whatever they have planned (probably Zootopia) will surely be one of the biggest bonehead decisions from Disney (imo).

This is probably the first retheme where I'm personally in disgust. There's been TGM to MMRR and now SM to TBA, but losing Dinosaur just hits different for me.

It was always one of my favorite rides, one that I would do over and over again and never get tired. One of the main reasons I would start my day at AK versus any other park before I start hopping.

And that's without touching the subject of needing + increasing capacity in a park that really needs it. If DL can fit MMRR in the back corner of the park, I'm sure Disney can do the same over at AK for crying out loud.
Build. New. Stuff. And. Stop. Replacing.

UNCgolf

A Zootopia retheme of Dinosaur with a new movie coming out is rather likely and not all that expensive.

Which is sad. It makes me believe that they honestly don't see the parks as anything other than interchangeable locations for IP. Moana doesn't make a ton of sense at AK either, but there are ways to make it fit (especially by tying it into an Oceania region with animals etc.).

Zootopia, on the other hand, is roughly comparable with putting MMRR or TRON at Animal Kingdom.

Last edited:

UNCgolf

I don’t know, honestly. Cheaper to keep the Dino ride system.

Yeah, that's why I know it wouldn't be an exact clone. Seems likely they'd just use the Shanghai ride as a base and retrofit it onto the Dinosaur ride system, though.

For me, it could be the best ride at WDW and it would still make Animal Kingdom a worse park. The strength of individual attractions is less important to me than the park as a whole (which is probably why I liked 2000 or so DHS better than current DHS).

doctornick

Or maybe they could come to their senses and build a new land for Zootopia - make it an exact clone of Shanghai if need be to control costs - and keep Dinosaur/Dinoland as is (Moana can still replace the Dinorama area).

Zootopia in DAK is stupid but I’m more bothered by the idea of replacing rather than expanding.

ToTBellHop

They don't and Iger's comments today made that loud and clear.

Enjoy TOY STORY 5 - THE RIDE - 3D coming to EPCOT in 2027.
We will miss you, Spaceship Earth. Here’s early concept artwork:
1675903751586.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom