News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

lentesta

Premium Member
I'll say that the outdoor architecture looks really, really good once you're under it.

Also, they're handling groups inside the same as at Guardians: odd-numbered groups go to one line, even-numbered groups to another. This is to try to fill every seat without using a single-rider line. (Because two odd numbers added together is always an even number, and two even numbers added together is always an even number, too.)

AEfx

Alright, I'll be the one - I can't believe Disney spent THIS much time and THIS much money on...that.

I do have to admit though, at least Disney is being up front about it - they posted a full POV video that lasts a whole 50 seconds - and that's including the launch. The actual "roller coaster roller coasting" is like 40 seconds. And they STILL skimped on the theming with much of it empty!

I'm sorry, but that's just embarrassing. Forget what the "Disney nerds" feel about it - I just don't see the general public being happy going through all you have to go through just to get on the thing, and the entire experience is less than a minute long.

I haven't thought much of the project, period (the theme choice, the placement - one indoor coaster next to another, the overall dated "white means future" design), but I at least was expecting the ride itself would be decent.

I'm honestly just floored that the MK gets it's first mountain in 30 years, and...this is what it is.

Andrew25

Alright, I'll be the one - I can't believe Disney spent THIS much time and THIS much money on...that.

I do have to admit though, at least Disney is being up front about it - they posted a full POV video that lasts a whole 50 seconds - and that's including the launch. The actual "roller coaster roller coasting" is like 40 seconds. And they STILL skimped on the theming with much of it empty!

I'm sorry, but that's just embarrassing. Forget what the "Disney nerds" feel about it - I just don't see the general public being happy going through all you have to go through just to get on the thing, and the entire experience is less than a minute long.

I haven't thought much of the project, period (the theme choice, the placement - one indoor coaster next to another, the overall dated "white means future" design), but I at least was expecting the ride itself would be decent.

I'm honestly just floored that the MK gets it's first mountain in 30 years, and...this is what it is.

The public will love it since it goes they haven't been looking at construction updates for years now. Most of them will probably not realize it's been open for several years now in Shanghai.

Not sure what people were expecting, we've known for years this is just a coaster in the dark with a few helixes and the occasional projection effect. (That's why so many of us have been complaining about its ridiculous construction timeline)

Vegas Disney Fan

I think this would have been much better received by the nerds if it opened in 2019. I think the public will welcome it.

I think even us nerds will quickly forget how long it took to build this once it’s open.

I followed the Cosmic Rewind build from announcement to opening and didn’t think about the build time once when I finally rode it.

With all the ride time comments I’m more worried this will be like 7 dwarfs, every time I get off that ride I’m grinning but simultaneously wishing it had been twice as long, a good addition that could have easily been great had they made it just a bit longer.

gorillaball

Nobody I have seen has exaggerated the length when giving times.

Really? It's getting shorter and shorter by each post. A minute... under a minute, now we are down to 40 seconds.

AEfx

The public will love it since it goes they haven't been looking at construction updates for years now. Most of them will probably not realize it's been open for several years now in Shanghai.

That's not why I think the general public is not going to be impressed with this. It has nothing to do with the other reasons the project is so baffling - it has to do with the fact that the ride is less than a minute long, and it's pretty bland at that.

AEfx

Really? It's getting shorter and shorter by each post. A minute... under a minute, now we are down to 40 seconds.

Just watch the video Disney posted.

The video is 50 seconds long, and it starts part way through the mid-launch and it is coming to it's final stop as the video ends.

So yes, the actual "I'm on a roller coaster" part is around 40 seconds long if you are counting actual "coasting" time.

Jrb1979

I have a question. First I will say it looks like a very fun coaster and most will love it.

The problem I see with it is that I see it as no better theming wise when what Busch Gardens Williamsburg is building with DarCoaster. Does nobody else see that as an issue? At one point in time Disney was the standard for new attractions.

ToTBellHop

I have a question. First I will say it looks like a very fun coaster and most will love it.

The problem I see with it is that I see it as no better theming wise when what Busch Gardens Williamsburg is building with DarCoaster. Does nobody else see that as an issue? At one point in time Disney was the standard for new attractions.
I think it’s more heavily themed than RnRC and Space Mtn. from videos. Hard to judge before riding in April, though.

This is usually the best we can hope for in a gravity box. Hell, even EE has completely unthemed interior passages and it was made by St. Rohde. Matterhorn was hollow at opening, right?

Makes you realize how special BTMRR is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom