News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Sorcerer Mickey

Alright, so I’m going to be that guy. Everyone here is concerned about the height requirement but has anyone thought about the implication of keeping the one black Disney princess just outside Fantasyland?

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Anna and Elsa are in Norway. Rapunzel's toilets are in Fantasyland. Tiana is now in Frontierland and Aladdin/Jasmin are relegated to Adventureland. One day, Mirabel and Miguel might be tossed behind Thunder Mountain.

I dunno. I would think that the fact that she is not in Fantasy land would make her more... well... real, which would be a good thing... looking up to a more real princess than one relegated to pure fantasy. And if it makes you feel any better, we'll have black Ariel later this year and she's still firmly entrenched in Fantasyland.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Alright, so I’m going to be that guy. Everyone here is concerned about the height requirement but has anyone thought about the implication of keeping the one black Disney princess just outside Fantasyland?
Tiana also meets in Fairytale Hall. And she's a main character in the castle show. And when HEA comes back, she kicks off the animated version of the show. And she's in the parades. And Facilier is almost always in the pack with the other Disney villains wherever they show up. And Tiana's on the cruise lines with her own restaurant. And she's in the Port Orleans resorts. And she's in Fantasmic! And in Disneyland, she'll be in New Orleans Square.

Tiana is basically everywhere now.

Brer Oswald

“Mommy mommy can we ride Tiana’s ride?”

”I’m sorry sweetie. The company didn’t think about the target demographic for the IP when they forgot about the ride system height requirement. Again.”
Even if they meet the height requirement, the drop is still incredibly daunting and on full display. It’s arguably the most thrilling ride in the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom