Need help planning to drink around the world in Epcot.

HerefortheFood

Original Poster
Which drinks are stronger and which ones are weaker generally? My wife and I are planning to split them and go easy on pacing so we aren’t vomiting.

The only thing is these drink prices are making me feeling guilty about it. $15 a drink times 11 booths is a lot of money but then again it’s Disney. The added pain is to convert the drink prices into Canadian dollars.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
Tbh, as someone who enjoys the joys of booze, Drinking Around the World is not worth the time or the money. The selections are mediocre and on the rare occasion you get a decently mixed cocktail, you're gonna overpay for nothing more than a light buzz; unless you absolutely are a lightweight who can't handle their alcohol. My suggestion, if you decide to DATW, is to get a Disney Gift Card with a preloaded amount ($100 for example) and enjoy some beverages until you use up the funds. When I was a local, that's what I would do during Food and Wine. Once emptied the gift card my gallivanting was over.

Lilofan

Tbh, as someone who enjoys the joys of booze, Drinking Around the World is not worth the time or the money. The selections are mediocre and on the rare occasion you get a decently mixed cocktail, you're gonna overpay for nothing more than a light buzz; unless you absolutely are a lightweight who can't handle their alcohol. My suggestion, if you decide to DATW, is to get a Disney Gift Card with a preloaded amount ($100 for example) and enjoy some beverages until you use up the funds. When I was a local, that's what I would do during Food and Wine. Once emptied the gift card my gallivanting was over.
Nothing new but some I'm with get liquored up prior to entering Epcot then proceed to drink around the world.

tpoly88

i agree, i always get the gift card as i just got in the habit from the old days when your credit card would get shut off after the 4th $4.95 charge!! its also just quicker. DATW depends on what you are trying to do, there is no way you can hit every kiosk and country and still be standing. My wife and i like to walk around the Epcot often and with the F&W festival we pace ourselves but we also have the ability to come back 3-4 times so we dont get hammered. The mixed drinks are very sugary and you need water with them after, as mentioned beer and wine is what it is.
Here is what we do as we come in from the international gateway most times for that as we stay at the Swan a lot. hit France, not the kiosk but go inside as they have the same wine and the line is shorter, have a wine at Morroco at the bar, go into the wine bar in italy or the small store as the donkey cart and gelato area have the same wines. we like the wine bar as we get a quick bite to eat. We also go into Germany and then Mexico. We will hit a kiosk along the way here and there depending on the wines they have. the last couple years they have had a couple good kiosk by test track and then we hit Austraila. maybe a final beer at England and get out. Again im not sure when you are planing to go as the festivals are different in there offerings.

JIMINYCR

People are constantly griping about Dis inflating prices and their greediness in scalping guests wallets. But when it comes to getting blitzed from excessive DAW they don’t mind forking over the cash. Wish there was a limited drink purchase tied to the guest or an alcohol screening before purchase to cut down on the obnoxious behavior we are forced to face. I’m all for a guest having a good time and am not an anti-alcohol Prohibitionist…. I just wish there was a way we all could enjoy the parks without having to tolerate those who feel the need to go to excess.

BuddyThomas

Sorry to disagree but in my opinion, drinking around the world is extremely fun. It’s true that the mixed drinks are weak, but we mainly stick to beer and wine. The frozen Kirin draft beer in Japan is worth the price of admission.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Sorry to disagree but in my opinion, drinking around the world is extremely fun. It’s true that the mixed drinks are weak, but we mainly stick to beer and wine. The frozen Kirin draft beer in Japan is worth the price of admission.
I usually went to the back of the store in Japan to do a sake tasting. Always fun to try something new but not sure if it's back yet

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
People are constantly griping about Dis inflating prices and their greediness in scalping guests wallets. But when it comes to getting blitzed from excessive DAW they don’t mind forking over the cash. Wish there was a limited drink purchase tied to the guest or an alcohol screening before purchase to cut down on the obnoxious behavior we are forced to face. I’m all for a guest having a good time and am not an anti-alcohol Prohibitionist…. I just wish there was a way we all could enjoy the parks without having to tolerate those who feel the need to go to excess.

Everyone has behaviors that they find offensive, but it's not your place to define what is acceptable or not, that's the purview of the business and government.

JIMINYCR

Everyone has behaviors that they find offensive, but it's not your place to define what is acceptable or not, that's the purview of the business and government.
And drunk and disorderly behavior in public isn’t acceptable and should be the business of Disney which tells its guests that you are in a safe, family environment and being a family venue they should be monitoring this better.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
And drunk and disorderly behavior in public isn’t acceptable and should be the business of Disney which tells its guests that you are in a safe, family environment and being a family venue they should be monitoring this better.

The enforcement question is something you should address with Guest Relations in the park or investor relations if you are a stockholder. The current posted standards of conduct are interpreted by Disney staff, not by you.

Please show common courtesy to fellow Guests and our Cast Members by not using profanity or engaging in unsafe, illegal, disruptive or offensive behavior, jumping lines or saving places in lines for others. For your safety and the safety of others, please refrain from running except in designated area.

As consuming alcoholic beverages are both legal and permitted your assertations are falling on deaf ears.

Hockey89

Drunk behavior is so low on things people do at Disney for horrible behavior.... I know it happens are Epcot but I've never seen anybody drunk/out of control in my 35 years of going....

JIMINYCR

The enforcement question is something you should address with Guest Relations in the park or investor relations if you are a stockholder. The current posted standards of conduct are interpreted by Disney staff, not by you.

Please show common courtesy to fellow Guests and our Cast Members by not using profanity or engaging in unsafe, illegal, disruptive or offensive behavior, jumping lines or saving places in lines for others. For your safety and the safety of others, please refrain from running except in designated area.

As consuming alcoholic beverages are both legal and permitted your assertations are falling on deaf ears.
As I said in my post I’m not anti alcohol. I’m not saying I’m in any position to stop anyone’s behavior. Many families have their EP day affected by drunks. I did say that enforcing standards should be up to Disney. Drinking is legal but being drunk in public is not. Exhibit this same behavior on the streets or public place’s outside of the parks and the police would step in and enforce drunk in public laws.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
As I said in my post I’m not anti alcohol. I’m not saying I’m in any position to stop anyone’s behavior. Many families have their EP day affected by drunks. I did say that enforcing standards should be up to Disney. Drinking is legal but being drunk in public is not. Exhibit this same behavior on the streets or public place’s outside of the parks and the police would step in and enforce drunk in public laws.

Many families have their vacation days by other guests' boorish behaviors in all Disney parks. Enforcing conduct is not up to your interpretation, so you will need to address that with the actual business.

JIMINYCR

What can’t you understand? I’ve said it several times that I’m not the one to enforce policy. My disagreement of those being drunk at EP is the same as me saying guests shouldn’t be throwing litter all over the parks or doing destructive behavior to the park settings. It’s just an opinion. I’ve voiced my point and don’t need you saying take it up with Disney. I agree it’s Disneys place to address. No sense in going any further with this

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom