Need help planning to drink around the world in Epcot.

Poor OP I'm sure they enjoyed all the AA responsibility lectures but that was not their question. Enjoy your time with your loved one. If you are going during a festival there are usually menus released in advance so pick several drinks you are interested in. Flights sometimes are fun that way you can try a little of several offerings. In EPCOT I do really enjoy the frozen Grand Marnier slushies. But I don't share ;)

Phonedave

That’s the problem… they are not behaving themselves and they are being disruptive. Reporting them to Disney is useless because they care more about the money drinking brings in and not the guests having a good experience.
Tell me why posters are fine griping about other Disney faults and issues that ruins their experience after spending tons of money but it’s not all right to gripe about drinking excessively and bringing a bad park experience…. hypocritical.

There are plenty of disruptive people in WDW that are NOT drunk. What is your solution for that issue?

Define disruptive. What constitutes "behaving oneself". Who gets to be the arbiter of disruptiveness and decides if a person gets booted or not?

JIMINYCR

There are plenty of disruptive people in WDW that are NOT drunk. What is your solution for that issue?

Define disruptive. What constitutes "behaving oneself". Who gets to be the arbiter of disruptiveness and decides if a person gets booted or not?
Well we aren’t discussing any behavior except for excessive drinking to the point of inebriation and the behavior which comes out from that. So I don’t have to respond to that. Some handle their drinking well and others get belligerent and can’t control their actions. As I’ve said multiple times, Disney should be the one deciding who gets booted. I have nothing against guests drinking. Serving drinks, not unlike a bartender in an establishment, who hands out drinks for money, Disney should be responsible for what they are serving and who they are serving.
Ever been in a bar where a person has to be shut off and tossed? Ever seen a person in public arrested for being drunk and disorderly? They exhibit behavior that shows they’ve crossed the line. Not hard to understand. And NO I never said it goes on with every DAtW drinker.
Last time I’m responding on this topic so have a good day.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
1676151803131.png

HerefortheFood

Original Poster
Poor OP I'm sure they enjoyed all the AA responsibility lectures but that was not their question. Enjoy your time with your loved one. If you are going during a festival there are usually menus released in advance so pick several drinks you are interested in. Flights sometimes are fun that way you can try a little of several offerings. In EPCOT I do really enjoy the frozen Grand Marnier slushies. But I don't share ;)

We are going during Food & Wine Festival - we would be doing the DATW on Labour Day Saturday - not sure how busy the World Showcase would be. I hear it's filled with locals on the weekend.

tpoly88

Back to OPs question...we've found that the hand mixed drinks in China (Joy of Tea) are some of the strongest drinks in Epcot. Morocco used to have some really potent drinks, especially the ones that were in the machine towards the back of Tangierine Cafe. The drink stand closer to Spice Road Table also used to have some fun ones, but assuming it's what's labeled as the Morocco Juice Bar, the menu is no longer very fun. In general, drinks inside the parks tend to be weak compared to what's offered at the resort restaurants and lounges. While drinking around the world can be very fun, I would recommend a resort area crawl or a monorail crawl for some more inspired beverages.
Mexico used to get me. As we would always come from the epcot resorts through the international gateway, my wife always wanted to start in France. Back in the day they had more wine and beer flight tastings and Mexico with tequila would be the one where i had to go sit down for a bit. that was 20yrs ago and now i feel i do not drink anywhere near as much but i still have a blast walking around the world. we usally go on a sunday as its a lot less packed than a Saturday afternoon. We also dont drink as much because there are too many mixed fruity sugary drinks that i cannot have so we skip a lot of the kiosks. Still a very fun festival but we dont start going till October as its just too hot before to think about having wine. One thing that we do now is make sure we sit down and eat at say morroco or france because you wind up not eating as much as you think and tend to get a little tipsy.

Lilofan

That’s the problem… they are not behaving themselves and they are being disruptive. Reporting them to Disney is useless because they care more about the money drinking brings in and not the guests having a good experience.
Tell me why posters are fine griping about other Disney faults and issues that ruins their experience after spending tons of money but it’s not all right to gripe about drinking excessively and bringing a bad park experience…. hypocritical.
One guest had issues when he started screaming the top of his lungs repeatedly at a mannequin at Hall of Presidents show at MK a few years ago. Now that's disruptive.

tpoly88

One guest had issues when he started screaming the top of his lungs repeatedly at a mannequin at Hall of Presidents show at MK a few years ago. Now that's disruptive.
not trying to be rude on this, as i agree there are people in the parks that do not behave themselves and not all of it is alcohol related , a lot of it is driven by frustration (long waits) and feeling of entitlement but that's another discussion. I think this thread was about DATW at Epcot and how to go about it. I know we have all been in that park during the festivals (F&W especially) and have seen some behavior that makes you raise an eye brow. Only unruly persons i have seen (and not really unruly just drunk) have been in a couple of bachelorette groups where the bride to be was very over-served but not being obnoxius or disruptive. a lot of it is dehydration from the heat. on the funny side I have seen a couple seniors on scooters drive into things like a garbage cans or tables while holding their drink!
i think moderation is the key, enjoy the festivals items, the food and drink and make sure you drink plenty of water and eat!

Lilofan

not trying to be rude on this, as i agree there are people in the parks that do not behave themselves and not all of it is alcohol related , a lot of it is driven by frustration (long waits) and feeling of entitlement but that's another discussion. I think this thread was about DATW at Epcot and how to go about it. I know we have all been in that park during the festivals (F&W especially) and have seen some behavior that makes you raise an eye brow. Only unruly persons i have seen (and not really unruly just drunk) have been in a couple of bachelorette groups where the bride to be was very over-served but not being obnoxius or disruptive. a lot of it is dehydration from the heat. on the funny side I have seen a couple seniors on scooters drive into things like a garbage cans or tables while holding their drink!
i think moderation is the key, enjoy the festivals items, the food and drink and make sure you drink plenty of water and eat!
When its hot and humid I tend to drink more and eat less. More water and other cold beverages.

HerefortheFood

Original Poster
Drinking around the world report:
We cheated and did 2 of the countries the day before our official day as well as split all the drinks other than UK and stay hydrated. Most mixed drinks were pretty sugary and weak (the resort drinks are way stronger - looking at you Kentucky Mule at Boma). We did it on Labour Day Saturday and there was so much foot traffic with locals or people flying in for the weekend. A lot of people had drinking T shirts on and there were some hooligans which made Epcot seem like a giant frat party which wasn't great.

That Mozart chocolate in Germany is the chef's kiss though.

Colonel Angus

Wow! I feel like it's 1920-1933 in there... Let's all breathe and understand everyone is different.

Here are some factoids/tips whatever...
If you're drinking a cocktail or spirit on its own it may not hit you for a while. It takes a little longer for the alcohol to hit the bloodstream. So, let's say you drink 3-4 cocktails within an hour or two you may feel ok for a while some folks may keep drinking due to not feeling buzzed and then.... BOOM! it hits them at once and they're hammered or sick. So keep that in mind, try to alternate a water between alcoholic drinks.

Conversely if you're drinking anything carbonated, the carbonation causes the alcohol to enter your bloodstream faster which is why the whole "beer before liquor never been sicker..." It's only true if you're rushing drinks into your body.

Clear alcohols have less congeners in them which can add to hangovers. Congeners are basically impurities

I often take a B12 before and/or after drinking to help with recovery and hydrate a ton. Another fun fact is that by eating fatty protein it slows the alcohol absorption into the blood so while a cheeseburger isn't the best for you, it could help combat your intoxication level and help with pacing.

For me, I love my booze but the idea of drinking around the world makes me feel a little ill since a lot of the choices are sugary and fruity. I'm a bourbon on the rocks or old fashioned guy. I used to be huge into craft beer but can't really drink much of it anymore and not supposed to have carbonation per my GI doctor. Luckily, there are a lot of great places for a whiskey in WDW!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom