News Bob Iger is back! Chapek is out!!

Slpy3270

I don't know if the stock pop is related to Mark Parker's hiring or Peltz (or both) but I kinda wonder if Iger is going to take the rise to his advantage by doing a stock-split to consolidate his power further.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don't see how he could be successful. He would need other stock holders to jump on board with him and I am not sure he is going to get that. Well, at least not until Iger has a chance to layout his plan.
That’s just it.

First…stockholders are grumpy because of those false Covid stock prices and no dividends
Second…most Disney shares are institutional investors. Even if they’re “conservative”…they only care about return.

A lot more to come on this. Gonna be interesting

And the real problem with iger’s “plan” is we’ve already seen it. They’re blaming chapek for it. But the timeline doesn’t correlate.
Overpromising on plus? Iger
Creating “false demand” in parks to exploit by sacrificing capacity? Iger
Boning some IP Due to hubris and exploiting the rest longterm? Iger
Going away from creativity and trying to present yourself as a “speculative” enterprise to Wall Street? Iger

Last edited:

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
That’s just it.

First…stockholders are grumpy because of those false Covid stock prices and no dividends
Second…most Disney shares are institutional investors. Even if they’re “conservative”…they only care about return.

A lot more to come on this. Gonna be interesting
Just hope things benefit the parks long term. But…as you said, this will be interesting to watch.

JoeCamel

I don't know if the stock pop is related to Mark Parker's hiring or Peltz (or both) but I kinda wonder if Iger is going to take the rise to his advantage by doing a stock-split to consolidate his power further.
No way with the stock down as much as it is, This is not a serious challenge but it makes the wires. If it pushes the stock up 20% on takeover rumors I'm good and gone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom