Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

trr1

https://twitter.com/bioreconstruct
bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct
17h

Aerial overview (Dec 18, 2022) of Universal's Epic Universe. Recent changes: 1 Facades in the Harry Potter related land 2 Track supports at far end of the dual-racing coaster 3 Track added for Classic Monsters land coaster 4 More of Donkey Kong being enclosed
1671481075072.png

Aerial look at a Universal Orlando Resort hotel being built near Epic Universe.
1671481160632.png

At center of this aerial photo is construction of a Universal Orlando Resort hotel. Located at the intersection of Universal Blvd and the Kirkman Rd extension.
1671481202718.png

Aerial overview of a Universal Orlando Resort hotel under construction near Epic Universe. Universal Blvd at left.
1671481277504.png

In this aerial of Epic Universe 1 Recent excavation for the roller coaster in How To Train Your Dragon land 2 Water feature of the dragon coaster 3 The Great Hall 4 Separate dual-racing roller coaster at the park.
1671481338139.png

Aerial look at Epic Universe. 1,2,3 Chain of water features in park's central corridor 4 Recent excavation 5 Dual-racing coaster 6 Coaster in How to Train Your Dragon land 7 The Great Hall 8 Theater-based attraction
1671481385460.png

At center of this aerial is Super Nintendo World. Along bottom left is the Epic Universe central corridor. 1 A building mostly encircled by a pond. 2 Recent excavation 3 A water-based ride. Concept art shows a dome and an adjacent pond. 4 Restaurant 5 Believed to be shops
1671481434671.png

Aerial look at the front of Super Nintendo World. Wall framing, a curved edge, and what seems to be PVC pipes are interesting to see at the left side. Bottom center are concrete forms for an Epic Universe standard shape portal into a land.
1671481482505.png

Aerial overview of the roller coaster site in Classic Monsters land at Epic Universe.
1671481596848.png

Aerial look at Classic Monsters land. From center to the service building at left is a roller coaster. Manor of the featured attraction is top right. Building at bottom left is a restaurant in the central corridor of Epic Universe.
1671481669748.png

trr1

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct
20h
Aerial look at the proximity of a roller coaster to the manor in Classic Monsters land at Epic Universe.
1671481764212.png

Aerial look at construction of city blocks in a Harry Potter-related land. Arrow at what are believed to be foundations for a copy of Porte Saint-Denis. In Epic Universe.
1671481820490.png

Aerial look at the front part of the show building for what is believed to be a Ministry of Magic attraction. In the Harry Potter related land of Epic Universe.
1671481860337.png

Aerial look at construction of city blocks in the Harry Potter-related land in Epic Universe.
1671481908589.png

Aerial look at facades in the Harry Potter related land at Universal's Epic Universe. Part of the featured attraction show building.
1671481951814.png

Tom Morrow

I haven't been following closely for a while.

What are the current plans that we know to make the quickest connection between the existing property and Epic? I drove around the site the other day for the first time in a while, and, well, once you're on Universal Boulevard and go past Endless Summer, it's not the prettiest area from Carrier Drive until crossing Sand Lake Road. After crossing Sand Lake Road, Universal Blvd becomes nice looking again.

Option B: Sand Lake Road to the north end of the Epic property - also very blah looking area.

Option C: Kirkman south - also blah looking after crossing Carrier Drive.

Basically, is the plan to extend Kirkman directly into the property and then have other entrances off of Universal Blvd and Destination Pkwy? Whatever they do, I hope they throw some money at the city or something to spruce up these roads.

donsullivan

Premium Member

What are the current plans that we know to make the quickest connection between the existing property and Epic? I drove around the site the other day for the first time in a while, and, well, once you're on Universal Boulevard and go past Endless Summer, it's not the prettiest area from Carrier Drive until crossing Sand Lake Road. After crossing Sand Lake Road, Universal Blvd becomes nice looking again.

Option B: Sand Lake Road to the north end of the Epic property - also very blah looking area.

Basically, is the plan to extend Kirkman directly into the property and then have other entrances off of Universal Blvd and Destination Pkwy? Whatever they do, I hope they throw some money at the city or something to spruce up these roads.
The plan is to extend Kirkman to the site. The below link shows you what it will flow like.

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/video/6082083609001

Official Orange County PDF with the details

That construction is actively underway with one of the overpass bridges on Sand Lake set to be closed in a week or so.

Last edited:

JoeCamel

I think the plan is that you will be watching the onride screens rather than traffic

JT3000

As someone who lives in the area, I think those roads could use some redevelopment (the new apartments on the corner of Carrier have already made a big difference, replacing an abandoned strip mall), but there's really nothing worth complaining about. Only North I-Drive is truly ugly, and you're only going across, not down it. I'm also not sure how much the city even cares to improve the stretch of Sand Lake directly north of Epic, seeing as how that's literally the city's border. They haven't even annexed Tangelo Park.

trr1

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct
40m

Aerial look at where an oval courtyard will be for the entrance to Universal's Epic Universe. Star where a signature entrance gateway arch will be.
1673037233756.png

Aerial look at How To Train Your Dragon land 1,2 Station and recently added track of a terrain and water hugging roller coaster 3 The Great Hall 4 Theater attraction 5,6 Track and staging of separate dual-racing coaster in Epic Universe 7 Park entrance
1673037274350.png

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct
23m

Aerial look at recently placed track for the How To Train Your Dragon land roller coaster. (An expected sighting, best view I have today.)
1673037330684.png

Aerial look at the station of the How To Train Your Dragon roller coaster in Epic Universe. Much of the track covered in protective tubes to prevent damage as construction continues. See prior Tweets this Thread where similar tubing technique was used.
1673037371932.png

Aerial look at station construction for the How To Train Your Dragon roller coaster. Much of the track here is covered in tubes to prevent damage as construction continues in Epic Universe
1673037412517.png

Nearly straight down aerial overview of How To Train Your Dragon land in Epic Universe. Connected concrete areas at right are for an attraction outside the land. A dual-racing roller coaster
1673037449437.png

Aerial overview of How To Train Your Dragon land. Dual racing roller coaster at left is outside the land. Separate attraction in Epic Universe.
1673037492805.png

Aerial overview (Jan 6, 2023) of Universal's Epic Universe. Some recent changes: - More track for the dual racing coaster and How to Train Your Dragon coaster - 4th excavation in central corridor seems done - In-park hotel road has roofed underpass - Park entrance taking shape
1673037710296.png

Aerial look at a portion of the dual-racing coaster in Epic Universe. 1 Cast footers, ready for supports 2 Footer rebar cast in sheet foundation 3 Cylindrical concrete footer molds 4 Frames for bolting track supports to footers
1673037786663.png

Poseidon Quest

But I think How to Train Your Dragon will be the sleeper hit of the park. It looks to be the most complete land when it comes to offerings.

If the coaster has straddle-style seating, I can see it becoming a big comparison between itself and Tron. I'm sure plenty of people will enjoy Tron, but from video it looks to be quite short and might be outshined.

SplashJacket

If the coaster has straddle-style seating, I can see it becoming a big comparison between itself and Tron. I'm sure plenty of people will enjoy Tron, but from video it looks to be quite short and might be outshined.
From what I know, it should just be standard seating.

Tron is a fun, good ride. Not a masterpiece by any means, but a fun ride regardless.

WDWFREAK53

Of course, so make sure not to ride it. You have no idea, not having ridden it. Why make such a broad statement?
Who said I wasn't going to ride it? Plenty of rides aren't as good as Hagrid's and I ride them. This statement is silly. You make it seem like nobody has experienced Tron Lightcycle Run. Plenty of videos out there....not to mention plenty of first-hand experience reviews.

I'm one that holds out all hope until an attraction is done before making a decision but this is different because it's a clone. I basically know what to expect and know to harnass my excitement.

I've never been on Radiator Springs Racers and can say just by watching videos that it's better than Test Track. Sure, you can't grasp the entire feeling of it but aside from the launch, Tron seems pretty tame as a rollercoaster and the theming seems to be all over the place when you go outside. The look of the canopy and ride vehicles are incredible though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom