Dining Promo Card with Walt Disney World resort hotel bookings for summer 2023

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Interesting....I guess the D+ discounts didn't move the needle, so this is the next thing on the drawing board.

The sweet spot for this deal is a DVC member with a party of 2 at the cheapest deluxe DVC villa paying cash, which translates into a free $$ignature Dining experience every day, assuming they don't block all the top tier Table Services out.

This is also subliminally puts the guest in the spending mood, knowing that since food is "paid for", they can splurge above and beyond what they normal would.

Of course, you're still paying rack rate, so an AP or other type discount off hotels might be a better value.

Seems like a job for a great and knowledgeable travel agent..... @Kingdom Konsultant @wannabeBelle....

esskay

What do the prices of the hotel look like in comparison to before this offer?

I would imagine that this "discount" just ends up being factored in one way or another...
Can't speak for the US but the offer that was available in the UK earlier this year for 2023 bookings was $72 dining credit/night for a mid level resort - there was no price increase on the rooms when the offer kicked in (I know because I was monitoring prices ready to book and had an insider tip on the date it was going live). On top of that you get a $200 gift card and an additional $100 if Cirque du Soleil is down whilst you're there as it included free tickets initially.

Honestly I'd still rather have DDP back. I know many US folks dislike it but it made perfect sense for the more profitable international audience Disney was catering to.

Sandurz

This is great tbh. I don't really like the plan but would love this, as long as it's available to use pretty much anywhere.

Well, actually I guess it's still fully rack rate which I'll probably never do again BUT if forced to pick between the DDP and this, I'd pick this lol.

Weather_Lady

What do the prices of the hotel look like in comparison to before this offer?

I would imagine that this "discount" just ends up being factored in one way or another...
For comparison, a garden view room at the Yacht Club (or Beach Club, or Boardwalk) in mid-August shakes out to just over $600/night after taxes and fees.

A room-only discount of, say, 25%, would amount to a savings around $150 per night -- the same "savings" offered by the dining offer, except of course, you're forced to spend the dining offer monies at Disney restaurants, and to book a 5-night or longer room-and-ticket package at full price.

My family has already saved more than the value of that offer simply by renting DVC points for 3 nights at the GF (cost of $400/night, a $275/night savings over rack rate), and buying 3-day PH tickets from an authorized reseller instead of as part of a package (additional savings of $200).

Our upcoming August stay is split, with 3 nights at the Yacht Club booked direct through Disney, and 3 nights in the aforementioned GF DVC Studio Suite, so we aren't remotely eligible for the dining card offer. If Disney doesn't follow up with a room-only discount that actually applies to our Yacht Club leg, we may go elsewhere for those 3 nights instead, as we did last time this happened ("this" meaning no applicable discount for our dates), which would save us even more.

Last edited:

Drdcm

This is great tbh. I don't really like the plan but would love this, as long as it's available to use pretty much anywhere.

Well, actually I guess it's still fully rack rate which I'll probably never do again BUT if forced to pick between the DDP and this, I'd pick this lol.
I see the difference as using real money vs monopoly money to purchase food. I’ll take the real money any day. It’s also way more transparent.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
BUT if forced to pick between the DDP and this, I'd pick this lol.
At least with the DDP deal it was for length of stay and included everyone in the room. The longer you are staying and the more people you have in your room, the worse this offer becomes. We're staying as a group of 8 in a villa for 10 days at AKL in July. If we used this offer, we'd cap off at $750 which is really nothing in the grand scheme of it all.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Ya know, sometimes Disney reminds me of this:

dr evil work GIF

Full rack rate on rooms for a dining gift card? Get the hell out of here.

This is something that was once only possible in the minds of demented people like those who run Onion-like Disney Twitter accounts. Now they're making that job more difficult, because the once-preposterous is now common practice.

Drdcm

In all seriousness though, what is with this company’s desire to get rid of or change everything. They were super profitable when they started making these cuts to begin with, why mess with something that isn’t broken?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom