Dining Promo Card with Walt Disney World resort hotel bookings for summer 2023

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It was a webinar as to how it works. Not really a "training" so to speak.

Pam
Thanks

Seems fairly straight forward…just a chart to determine the benefit…

The question I have is how does it work if you don’t use it all in one shot? Like a running total that gets loaded based on nights at the start and a giftcard kinda scenario?

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Thanks

Seems fairly straight forward…just a chart to determine the benefit…

The question I have is how does it work if you don’t use it all in one shot? Like a running total that gets loaded based on nights at the start and a giftcard kinda scenario?
You will get an email once you complete your resort check in. Yes a gift card

Pam

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Any idea what restaurants are excluded? It would certainly loose a lot of value if the $$ignatures are out.

Animaniac93-98

I do actually agree that a standard food and beverage credit is much simpler to administer, use and understand for the average consumer than the DDP, which had its own set of rules and restrictions about how the various credits worked.

However, for families of 4 or 5 in particular, Free Dining was a much better value. $50-$100/day doesn't get you very far in WDW. A room only discount would often save you more than that.

Disney clearly knows how popular the Free Dining promos were. Their website would crash every time it got released. This current offer looks like they're trying to come up with something similar that doesn't cost them as much potential lost revenue. We'll see how well this works for them (probably will), or if Disney tries some other promo later this year.

Den Carter

No doubt this is some kind of pilot to compare the impact and popularity of it Vs the traditional DDP. Don't expect to see the old school DDP back if this boosts resort yield.

Disstevefan1

We must keep in mind that Disney's motive is not to save guests' money but for Disney to MAKE MORE MONEY.

So, we must be on the lookout for rising prices for table service meals and the dumbing down of table service meal offerings that could be coordinated with this promotion.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
This current offer looks like they're trying to come up with something similar that doesn't cost them as much potential lost revenue. We'll see how well this works for them (probably will), or if Disney tries some other promo later this year.
Personal opinion only, but I feel like the lack of DDP deal is linked to the limited capacity in TSRs. Even 60 days out, it's almost impossible to get good dining reservations. If I paid for the deluxe dining package and couldn't get most of the TSR reservations I wanted, I'd be pretty upset. At least with this, Disney can still argue that you can get the full value of the gift card from QSRs and snacks (with no perceived expectations of using it all at TSRs).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom