The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

Rteetz

I had issues locating the vintage stuff and the mugs a few weeks ago.
They aren’t going to make stuff forever. That doesn’t indicate a supply issue necessarily. Should they still be selling Oct. 1 dated merch too? At some point they stop making/selling stuff so they don’t have it afterwards. They also have to make room for new stuff like this grand finale line they are doing. It’s unfortunate you may have not found what you wanted but again that’s not necessary a supply chain issue.

brb1006

I didn't go to WDW during 25th (or the 90s), never heard the song.

I like Magic is Calling.
You seriously need to lessen to that song and pay attention to the lyrics. Unlike "The Magic is Calling" which is very repetitive, "Remember The Magic" had lyrics that was very poetic, actual meaning, and reflecting how the resort and come and the memories visitors old and new can reflect on.

It's up there with "Share A Dream Come True" which was the theme for "100 Years of Magic" which honored Walt Disney's 100th Birthday.

dreday3

You seriously need to lessen to that song and pay attention to the lyrics. Unlike "The Magic is Calling" which is very repetitive, "Remember The Magic" had lyrics that was very poetic, actual meaning, and reflecting how the resort and come and the memories visitors old and new can reflect on.

It's up there with "Share A Dream Come True" which was the theme for "100 Years of Magic" which honored Walt Disney's 100th Birthday.

I'm sure they are good.

Its also okay if I like Magic is Calling. 😂

WorldExplorer

There was lack of merchandise. You might have seen unique items but it didn’t equal the typical supply availability.

All you have to do is look at the parties as examples. In 2019, there was merch for both MNSSHP and MVMCP. I don’t think there was any this year.

Not So Scary had merchandise, but it was very limited and apparently a lot of the later parties (so, like, ones actually in October) had nothing but small shirts and flat ornaments.

I am perpetually kicking myself over not grabbing the Headless Horseman candy bowl when I had the chance.

Very Merry had nothing.

ToTBellHop

Not So Scary had merchandise, but it was very limited and apparently a lot of the later parties (so, like, ones actually in October) had nothing but small shirts and flat ornaments.

I am perpetually kicking myself over not grabbing the Headless Horseman candy bowl when I had the chance.

Very Merry had nothing.
1671673509124.gif

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Yeah I don’t think you understood my point, maybe my analogy wasn’t good. Supply chain issues have been a problem. I know you know that.

Here are some other articles in the past that mention limited inventory for 50th stuff:

Obviously, it’s been better lately, but it’s too little too late.

Lol.

You brought up parties which wasn't what I was talking about. Overall 50th merchandise has been daily well stocked from the start. Yes certain items went quickly or were hard to find but they were often replenished. There was also just SO much 50th merchandise. You had to really be trying to avoid 50th merchandise.

Disney's 50th merch came out in waves. They weren't going to sell the same exact spirit jersey for two years. Almost everything is limited edition and if you're not in the parks that month (or sometimes, that day) to catch it, then you miss it.

It's the limited nature which drives the FOMO impulse spending.

TP2000

Is there any hope that with Iger's "triumphant return", it's internally acknowledged that the 50th was a flop and WDW may get a few more bones thrown it's way for the 100th?

Stop being optimistic.

WDW's 50th is going down as the living embodiment of the 25th Castle Cake. But for an upcharge. And also KiteTails.

At this point they'd be smart to pretend the 50th never happened, and just move on to the Company 100th focused on Burbank and Anaheim.

What 50th? Where? When? Who?

brb1006

Stop being optimistic.

WDW's 50th is going down as the living embodiment of the 25th Castle Cake. But for an upcharge. And also KiteTails.

At this point they'd be smart to pretend the 50th never happened, and just move on to the Company 100th focused on Burbank and Anaheim.

What 50th? Where? When? Who?
At least WDW's 25th Anniversary Castle Cake was actually memorable compared to how casual the entire 50th Anniversary was handled. No major ceremony on its actual anniversary day and a small character cavalcade over an anniversary parade.

Meanwhile Tokyo is preparing for their 40th Anniversary Celebration with their new Anniversary parade coming next Spring.
abc46796-1fbc-4bdd-979c-f7460835fc57-png.668047

While Paris' 30th Anniversary had more effort put into it despite the small scale.

Last edited:

Squishy

Its pretty sad to think of that the 50th was a big operations budget cut compared to normal operation. (Aside from Enchantment, Harm & Fantasmic)

-DHS SWGS/fireworks=Cut completely
-FoF=2 floats & bunch of performers cut
-MiSi=Cut down to cavalcades(less performers)
-RoL=Cut Completely
-Citizens of Main Street=Cut completely
-OUAT=Cut Completely
-Citizens of Hollywood=Cut Completely
-Voyage of the Little Mermaid=Cut Completely

I'm sure there is more, the list goes on & on. :confused:

aladdin2007

Its pretty sad to think of that the 50th was a big operations budget cut compared to normal operation. (Aside from Enchantment, Harm & Fantasmic)

-DHS SWGS/fireworks=Cut completely
-FoF=2 floats & bunch of performers cut
-MiSi=Cut down to cavalcades(less performers)
-RoL=Cut Completely
-Citizens of Main Street=Cut completely
-OUAT=Cut Completely
-Citizens of Hollywood=Cut Completely
-Voyage of the Little Mermaid=Cut Completely

I'm sure there is more, the list goes on & on. :confused:
the place is just going backwards in so many ways

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom