Stop Brawling In The Park! You Guys, I'm Serious! Don't Make Me Update The Website!

TP2000

Original Poster
Catching up on local news, and.... What the heck is this about? Is this just the once-good OC Register falling into the crap trap of most modern "journalism", or is this a real problem now? Like fights and and brawls and screaming matches are happening regularly now in Disneyland?

And even if some awful trash humans are doing that, is a line buried on the website that says "Be the magic you want to see in the world,” really going to prevent that low-life behavior? 🤣

I'm really hoping this is just some cheeseball TDA intern updating the website on their own and then the OC Register picked up on it during a slow news week, and this isn't actually a problem now. But seriously, because the website has updated text that's supposed to stop it when even Disneyland Security won't/can't do anything about it? 🧐

Disneyland has followed the lead of Walt Disney World in issuing a new “Courtesy” warning after a string of fights, brawls and screaming matches in recent months have damaged the family-friendly reputation of Disney’s theme parks in Anaheim and Florida.

The Disneyland website added a new Courtesy section during the Christmas holiday season after a similar advisory was added to the Disney World website in mid-December.

The new Courtesy sections on the Disneyland and Disney World “Know Before You Go” pages explicitly spell out the expected visitor behaviors that had been previously implied at the vacation playgrounds billed as happy and magical escapes from reality.

The Know Before You Go pages were added after the pandemic reopening of the Disney parks with details on COVID-19 health and safety measures and theme park reservation requirements.

The new Courtesy advisories on the Disneyland and Disney World websites are similarly worded but vary in their details and warnings.

“We ask all who come to this happy place to treat others with respect, kindness and compassion,” reads the new Disneyland advisory. “To help guests have a safe and enjoyable experience, we regularly update our Disneyland resort rules.”

The Disneyland rules page asks visitors to “show common courtesy” to employees and other visitors and refrain from “using profanity or engaging in unsafe, illegal, disruptive or offensive behavior.”

The Disney World “Courtesy” advisory goes a step further in warning visitors of the consequences of their actions.

“Be the magic you want to see in the world,” reads the Disney World advisory. “You must always remember to treat others with respect, kindness and compassion. Those who can’t live up to this simple wish may be asked to leave Walt Disney World resort.”

Disney’s four Florida theme parks have seen an increase in fist fights, family brawls and screaming matches that have shown up on social media in recent weeks and months, according to .

A fight broke out at Disneyland during the return of “Fantasmic” in May. A 2019 family melee in Mickey’s Toontown went viral and resulted in arrests. Anaheim police reports regularly show visitors removed from the park or issued citations for assault and battery, disturbing the peace or brandishing a weapon.

Rich T

Catching up on local news, and.... What the heck is this about? Is this just the once-good OC Register falling into the crap trap of most modern "journalism", or is this a real problem now? Like fights and and brawls and screaming matches are happening regularly now in Disneyland?

And even if some awful trash humans are doing that, is a line buried on the website that says "Be the magic you want to see in the world,” really going to prevent that low-life behavior? 🤣

I'm really hoping this is just some cheeseball TDA intern updating the website on their own and then the OC Register picked up on it during a slow news week, and this isn't actually a problem now. But seriously, because the website has updated text that's supposed to stop it when even Disneyland Security won't/can't do anything about it? 🧐

Disneyland has followed the lead of Walt Disney World in issuing a new “Courtesy” warning after a string of fights, brawls and screaming matches in recent months have damaged the family-friendly reputation of Disney’s theme parks in Anaheim and Florida.

The Disneyland website added a new Courtesy section during the Christmas holiday season after a similar advisory was added to the Disney World website in mid-December.

The new Courtesy sections on the Disneyland and Disney World “Know Before You Go” pages explicitly spell out the expected visitor behaviors that had been previously implied at the vacation playgrounds billed as happy and magical escapes from reality.

The Know Before You Go pages were added after the pandemic reopening of the Disney parks with details on COVID-19 health and safety measures and theme park reservation requirements.

The new Courtesy advisories on the Disneyland and Disney World websites are similarly worded but vary in their details and warnings.

“We ask all who come to this happy place to treat others with respect, kindness and compassion,” reads the new Disneyland advisory. “To help guests have a safe and enjoyable experience, we regularly update our Disneyland resort rules.”

The Disneyland rules page asks visitors to “show common courtesy” to employees and other visitors and refrain from “using profanity or engaging in unsafe, illegal, disruptive or offensive behavior.”

The Disney World “Courtesy” advisory goes a step further in warning visitors of the consequences of their actions.

“Be the magic you want to see in the world,” reads the Disney World advisory. “You must always remember to treat others with respect, kindness and compassion. Those who can’t live up to this simple wish may be asked to leave Walt Disney World resort.”

Disney’s four Florida theme parks have seen an increase in fist fights, family brawls and screaming matches that have shown up on social media in recent weeks and months, according to .

A fight broke out at Disneyland during the return of “Fantasmic” in May. A 2019 family melee in Mickey’s Toontown went viral and resulted in arrests. Anaheim police reports regularly show visitors removed from the park or issued citations for assault and battery, disturbing the peace or brandishing a weapon.
It’s not just at theme parks; Cruise lines are also dealing with a strange uptick in brawls and idiot behavior.

Leave it to Disney PR to publicly address the problem like they’re the teacher in “Hey Arnold.”

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
It’s not just at theme parks; Cruise lines are also dealing with a strange uptick in brawls and idiot behavior.

Leave it to Disney PR to publicly address the problem like they’re the teacher in “Hey Arnold.”
So what would you have Disney do to fix this problem ?

King Racoon 77

Premium Member
Mix CBD into the food so guests can chill out.
Angry Gordon Ramsay GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Rich T

So what would you have Disney do to fix this problem ?
Stop serving alcohol, strictly enforce behavior guidelines and make it very blunt in their PR that brawling and acting like a moron will absolutely result in a refund-less boot from the park, a lifetime ban and possible prosecution.

Either that or an army of squirrels ready to tackle and drag dimwits to the garbage chute.
(Edit)
Oh, and spend the money to fix the parks, increase capacity, and make the parks once again a really pleasant experience instead of a day full of inconvenience and disappointment.

And this’ll never happen, but ban cell phones from the parks. I can dream a fantastic dream!

Last edited:

King Racoon 77

Premium Member
Stop serving alcohol, strictly enforce behavior guidelines and make it very blunt in their PR that brawling and acting like a moron will absolutely result in a refund-less boot from the park, a lifetime ban and possible prosecution.

Either that or an army of squirrels ready to tackle and drag dimwits to the garbage chute.
(Edit)
Oh, and spend the money to fix the parks, increase capacity, and make the parks once again a really pleasant experience instead of a day full of inconvenience and disappointment.

And this’ll never happen, but ban cell phones from the parks. I can dream a fantastic dream!
I vote for the squirrels.

TP2000

Original Poster

That's my favorite part of this news story.

The next time a fist fight or family brawl breaks out at Disneyland and punches go flying and strollers go airborne, I want Disneyland Security to dispatch an officer to say loudly and confidently "Be the magic you want to see in the world!"

Phroobar

Maybe Disney shouldn't pack the parks like they do and charge such high prices. The more people you have in a tight space, the more likely they will start pushing each other around. People want the most for their money and a lot of them have a Me First attitude. If someone is in the way, push them out of the way and watch a fight break out.

Smugpugmug

How come you only hear about fights at the Mouse? I rarely see any fights happening at other parks.
Didn't Knotts Berry Farm have an issue last year with unsupervised teens getting into fights and the park had to make a rule that teens had to be supervised by an adult? I remember hearing about a few altercations that occurred at Universal too (though the most recent one I remember was in Citywalk and not the actual parks). I think this behavior is an issue everywhere but the stressful nature of Disney parks definitely doesn't help.

Last edited:

josh2000

Maybe Disney shouldn't pack the parks like they do and charge such high prices. The more people you have in a tight space, the more likely they will start pushing each other around. People want the most for their money and a lot of them have a Me First attitude. If someone is in the way, push them out of the way and watch a fight break out.
This is the reason 100%. When you have huge crowds of people paying hundreds of dollars to be packed into small areas while waiting in lines for hours on a hot day, it's a matter of when will a fight break out, not if one will. Not justifying the fighting, but it's not hard for me to see how the current Disney park experience pushes people to their breaking point.

Jrb1979

Didn't Knotts Berry Farm have an issue last year with unsupervised teens getting into fights and the park had to make a rule that teens had to be supervised by an adult? I remember hearing about a few altercations that occurred at Universal too (though the most recent one I remember was in Citywalk and not the actual parks). I think this behavior is an issue everywhere but the streasful nature of Disney parks definitely doesn't help.
It does happen at other parks but I feel you hear it happening more at Disney then other parks. It has nothing to do with social media or Disney being the focus. I follow a lot of other parks online and I hear about more fights at Disney then I do other parks.

I have no doubt a lot of it is do with prices and long waits.

DLR92

There awfully a lot of rude guest inside and the price we pay to get in the parks…is a recipe for disaster…

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom