News Tomorrowland Speedway and Walt Disney World Railroad to be impacted by TRON construction at the Magic Kingdom

EricsBiscuit

I just saw a horrendous video of Lily pulling out of the Fantasyland station. If you don’t know, there’s a grade pulling out of there and it can be somewhat difficult to pull out if that station, especially with a train full of guests. If the engineer isn’t skilled, then the wheels will just keep spinning and the train will barely move. This is what happened in that video. It doesn’t reflect well on their training and it can be harmful to the locomotives.

TrainsOfDisney

I just saw a horrendous video of Lily pulling out of the Fantasyland station. If you don’t know, there’s a grade pulling out of there and it can be somewhat difficult to pull out if that station, especially with a train full of guests. If the engineer isn’t skilled, then the wheels will just keep spinning and the train will barely move. This is what happened in that video. It doesn’t reflect well on their training and it can be harmful to the locomotives.
If the wheels were just left to keep spinning that’s terrible for the locomotives and the track and it can be very dangerous.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
For a moment, I thought, why is that person quoting themself?

1669835498985.png

Andrew M

While wheel slipping is obviously not ideal, how else are you supposed to practice pulling that train with that locomotive uphill from a full stop? This is exactly what training is for, to practice getting a feel for the real thing on an empty train.

These locomotives are light enough that some slow speed slipping isn't going to burn through a tire like a full size mainline locomotive would.

Last edited:

EricsBiscuit

For a moment, I thought, why is that person quoting themself?

View attachment 681948
Different railroads haha!
If the wheels were just left to keep spinning that’s terrible for the locomotives and the track and it can be very dangerous.
Yes and to make matters worse the engineer was waving to the camera and let it go on for what felt like an eternity! They are going to ruin the locomotives if they can’t figure this out.

TrainsOfDisney

These locomotives are light enough that some slow speed slipping isn't going to burn through a tire like a full size mainline locomotive would.
We aren’t talking about a normal slip, that will happen from time to time on any railroad. But not properly reacting to that slip is bad for the tracks, the locomotives, and is potentially dangerous. We don’t want to have a blown piston and then have management say “there is steam under pressure!? What! Switch to electric immediately!”

solidyne

Different railroads haha!

Yes and to make matters worse the engineer was waving to the camera and let it go on for what felt like an eternity! They are going to ruin the locomotives if they can’t figure this out.
Did the engineer appear to be a Millennial?

More brain drain at the mouse house...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom