News Bob Iger is back! Chapek is out!!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Everyone I know buys apple for looks first, tech later. Iphones are better than android at cameras, my sister is an instagrammer so she gets one for that. My cousins have apple laptops for their longevity over windows.
Apple's software is smaller compared to its contemporaries, but its tech keeps it churning.
Apples strength has always been the simplicity of its OS and the otherworldly stability of its devices. They just have always been the easiest to use and least likely for blue screen. Which is why all the other computer makers during the “boom” are gone…and a lot of the cellphone makers too.

Who remains? The might of google, dell and HP…more or less…

EPCOT-O.G.

It’s all conjecture…but Disney selling to Apple is the best of the 3 realistic scenarios. We all can probably comes to terms with that?
Who’s to say a sale of “Disney” to Apple means all of its component parts? I think it’s far likelier they buy the streaming component and maybe spin off the parks.timeshare/DCL into something else.

Keep in mind, they jettisoned all of their physical retail sales too.

MrPromey

They could END the timeshare business - or at least draw it down - in 19 years…just saying.

Aside from them having the money to do it, I just don't see why Apple would want to... unless it's the streaming, the studios, maybe the music and sell off everything else.

And as for the 20 year draw-down. Tim Cook might not even be alive in 20 years. He probably won't be CEO.

Does Apple really want to deal with 20 years of people b!tching about maintenance fees and APs?

They could fund a whole lot of new original content and pick up a few studios in Hollywood for that kind of money.

Disney's back catalog doesn't seem to be helping them a ton in the streaming wars so I'm not sure how much it would help Apple, either.

Last edited:

_caleb

LOL.

This has about a 0 percent chance of happening.

If he was serious about that a lot more people would have been fired already.
So you want him to just fire a bunch of people without first understanding who they are and what they can do for the company?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Who’s to say a sale of “Disney” to Apple means all of its component parts? I think it’s far likelier they buy the streaming component and maybe spin off the parks.timeshare/DCL into something else.

Keep in mind, they jettisoned all of their physical retail sales too.
That’s always possible too. But remember they have never lost one cent in parks…not for one second of one day. They had an elaborate scheme to be on the hook at euro and then thought China wanted parks because of sweatshops.
When Disney has been “in it to win it” at parks…they’ve always won it
So you want him to just fire a bunch of people without first understanding who they are and what they can do for the company?
Did you have lobotomy this week? The Star Wars stuff and now this?

It’s IGER And he never really left…just laid low for what amounted to 15 months.

“who they are?”

Last edited:

_caleb

All of what you said is why I don't think streaming for any company is going to be this big profit source that they all think it's going to be. The cost to keep adding new content is too much. They need to raise prices if they really want to see profits especially if the demand for new content stays at the level it's at.

Personally I think they should add more of the Fox content they own.
Ah, yes, the “quantity over quality” play.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Businesses are allowed to make unsolicited acquisition offers. They can also do hostile takeovers. If Apple wanted to buy Disney they don’t need Iger to ask them. This fantasy [of Iger’s] has been bandied about for years now but nobody explains why Apple has not done it.
The best guess is AOL time Warner. But any large buy where it’s not your product is fraught with concerns. Apple has made a lot of money in its own lane. More than they can ever spend.

As far as Iger goes…he wants a public “merger” where he gets bought and praised. And he wants to match into cook’s boardroom the same way jobs marched into his.
Occam’s razor

Touchdown

Can I perhaps paint a better picture of an Apple purchase to the parks division? Ok hear me out, imagine if Apple looked at them and expected as much of them as AB did of the Busch and Sea World Parks back in the day. Mainly, a giant “PR expense” that wasn’t really an expense as it was fully self funded (and turned a profit) without the expectation to fund every other part of the company. With the parks able to keep more of their budget they could invest in guest improvements, and expansions. The parks profit would simply be a drop in the bucket compared to Apple that it would not be as micromanaged. Not only that, the parks would no longer be run by a movie studio, but a tech company which may be the secret to ending the IP mandate, and it would no longer be a training ground for junior vps, but a prestigious position for theme park professionals but a rather dead end part of the company for anyone looking to advance to the CEO.

Would Apple definitely do this? No they may not, but they would be the only company wealthy and big enough that could. Plus at the very least, IT and the app would greatly be improved.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Can I perhaps paint a better picture of an Apple purchase to the parks division? Ok hear me out, imagine if Apple looked at them and expected as much of them as AB did of the Busch and Sea World Parks back in the day. Mainly, a giant “PR expense” that wasn’t really an expense as it was fully self funded (and turned a profit) without the expectation to fund every other part of the company. With the parks able to keep more of their budget they could invest in guest improvements, and expansions. The parks profit would simply be a drop in the bucket compared to Apple that it would not be as micromanaged. Not only that, the parks would no longer be run by a movie studio, but a tech company which may be the secret to ending the IP mandate, and it would no longer be a training ground for junior vps, but a prestigious position for theme park professionals but a rather dead end part of the company for anyone looking to advance to the CEO.

Would Apple definitely do this? No they may not, but they would be the only company wealthy and big enough that could. Plus at the very least, IT and the app would greatly be improved.
It’s possible…

But remember this: they rake massive profits in the gift shops…
It’s not a write off if you make money.

Parks are not the drag…abc/espn, D+ and the movies are the drags

Touchdown

It’s possible…

But remember this: they rake massive profits in the gift shops…
It’s not a write off if you make money.

Parks are not the drag…abc/espn, D+ and the movies are the drags
I know that’s my point, if you view something as an expense and it instead makes a profit, you’re not going to micromanage it and set the sharp pencil boys on it. This would be a significant improvement over the current status quo. The pencil boys would instead be set on the studios and streaming.

TwilightZone

I never got stories about ESPN doing bad because like every time I am at a restaurant they're playing ESPN. Unless its like a super fancy or old school restaurant. Not sure how that doesn't make them money to stay afloat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom