Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

phillip9698

Did they ever institute the daily caps on selling Genie +? I find it hard to believe if they did, that we've not seen one day where a cap was reached.

Whatever those caps are, if they aren’t hit when Barnstormer has a 2 hour return time I don’t want to know the times when cap is reached.

Fido Chuckwagon

Whatever those caps are, if they aren’t hit when Barnstormer has a 2 hour return time I don’t want to know the times when cap is reached.
It is 3:14 PM and at Hollywood Studios the following rides have already exhausted all return times:

1. Alien Swirling Saucers;
2. Meet Olaf;
3. MMRR;
4. MFSR;
5. RNRC;
6. SDD;
7. ROTR;
8. TOT;
9. TSM;

The only ridde that still hasreturn times is Star Tours. IF I had paid $29 to go on maybe 2 rides at HS today I'd be upset.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
What they don’t realize is they are creating a big problem. People visiting now feel like they have to pay for G+ to have a similar experience like they had with FP+. However, after trying that, they are frustrated trying to use it and the price to use it whereas they may not come back or come back for awhile (longer than usual)

epcotWSC

After using it, I don't feel like I need it at any park except MK and maybe DHS.
It's really not worthwhile. Someone who's smart would have just made a premium tier to FP+.

Give everyone their three FP+ and then have this new tier get six with two premium rides vs just 1... That's how you monetize. You don't take away people's free perks and then force them to buy it. People who still have the free tier will be less PO'd because there are less FP slots available due to the double dippers, but they will aren't being slapped in the face.

aaronml

It's really not worthwhile. Someone who's smart would have just made a premium tier to FP+.

Give everyone their three FP+ and then have this new tier get six with two premium rides vs just 1... That's how you monetize. You don't take away people's free perks and then force them to buy it. People who still have the free tier will be less PO'd because there are less FP slots available due to the double dippers, but they will aren't being slapped in the face.
Something like this was the original plan, but it is likely too late now to undo that damage. I don’t think free FP will ever return.

mysto

They actually did that, it was called club level fast pass CLFP.

Cmdr_Crimson

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

and the removal of reservations and timed Park Hopping..

Last edited:

Sandurz

They’re never gonna give up the revenue so the time has come rip the bandaid off and go Express Pass mode already. The product as-is kinda sucks for a lot of people who pay for it, and it big time sucks for everyone in standby who doesn’t. They need to:
  1. 5x or 6x the price. $125 a head minimum for off-peak early bird pricing.
  2. Get rid of return windows entirely
  3. Tier the offerings and keep some headliners on 1x a day but let people re-ride everything else 2x or 3x

pdude81

It was dumb. Refresh method was way more useful than the extra CLFP’s.
You could have 4 tier 1 fastpasses and spread them over multiple parks in the same day by adding club level fastpasses. Plus you could still use the refresh method as long as it didn't conflict with another selection. Have to disagree on this one.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Ugh. I'm totally fine with variable pricing, and I'm totally fine with the variable pricing being insanely high during peak times, but I wish they'd publish the prices with some kind of advance notice. If they want us to plan stuff 60 days in advance, then we should get 60 days notice on park hours, pricing, etc. at a minimum.

DisneyDebRob

Ugh. I'm totally fine with variable pricing, and I'm totally fine with the variable pricing being insanely high during peak times, but I wish they'd publish the prices with some kind of advance notice. If they want us to plan stuff 60 days in advance, then we should get 60 days notice on park hours, pricing, etc. at a minimum.
Yeah, I’m not fine with any of it. The topping to it all is the third thing you mention.. no advance notice. The people that are going to buy this G+ stuff need a bit of time so they can work it into their budgets. It just keeps getting better and better.
I remember college testing that was easier then putting a successful day together at Disney. The price of a vacation is also getting closer to a year at college. (Just a bit of sarcasm)

Last edited:
It is 3:14 PM and at Hollywood Studios the following rides have already exhausted all return times:

1. Alien Swirling Saucers;
2. Meet Olaf;
3. MMRR;
4. MFSR;
5. RNRC;
6. SDD;
7. ROTR;
8. TOT;
9. TSM;

The only ridde that still hasreturn times is Star Tours. IF I had paid $29 to go on maybe 2 rides at HS today I'd be upset.
We realized we were paying near lightning lane prices for rides within G+. It sounds better as a bundled package but when we did the math, we’re done with G+ now.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Having just got back and trying genie for the 1st time, its quite the disaster. Got one for Peter Pan, ended up waiting 20 minutes in the lightening lane, by the time I could select another ride, nothing I wanted was available and if it was, it wasn't until later that night. The only benefit of the system is on Disney's side, complete cash grab while creating longer waits. I'd much rather them go to all standby, because honestly the waits would be much less then they are now. Better yet, go back to the paper ticket system.

DCLcruiser

Having just got back and trying genie for the 1st time, its quite the disaster. Got one for Peter Pan, ended up waiting 20 minutes in the lightening lane, by the time I could select another ride, nothing I wanted was available and if it was, it wasn't until later that night. The only benefit of the system is on Disney's side, complete cash grab while creating longer waits. I'd much rather them go to all standby, because honestly the waits would be much less then they are now. Better yet, go back to the paper ticket system.
Right now: MGM

11:15 AM RnRC
11:55 AM ST
12:05 PM ToT
12:15 PM TSM

5:25 PM MMRR
5:35 PM MF:SR

That's a ton of available LL in the next hour.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom