Formula 1 2023

Timmay

Original Poster
always....running mouths...
Keeps things spicy though. Quite frankly it’s more entertaining than Drive to Survive. Now we just need a good old fashioned NASCAR type donnybrook in pit lane.

6837E5E3-650F-40CD-8D2E-8DFBA584F4FE.gif

Why…yes. Yes I am.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Confirmed. I think those early season crashes sealed his fate. It probably didn't matter how well he did after that; they were going to use that to get rid of him. Now they replace him with someone who already had his shot, and was booted for a reason. I will never understand the love for Nico. Tell me it is an upgrade....I just don't buy that. Very backwards looking.

Timmay

Original Poster
Confirmed. I think those early season crashes sealed his fate. It probably didn't matter how well he did after that; they were going to use that to get rid of him. Now they replace him with someone who already had his shot, and was booted for a reason. I will never understand the love for Nico. Tell me it is an upgrade....I just don't buy that. Very backwards looking.

I don’t think Steiner ever wanted Schumacher. Regardless of what he says, I really do believe Schumacher came with the 1&1 sponsor deal. Probably rubbed him the wrong way.

Timmay

Original Poster
Getting money AND a formula 2 champ. How horrible.
Some people just don’t fit into certain cultures. Sometimes they do, and then the culture or expectations change. Take Gasly for instance. He is a top 10 driver, I believe. His time in the Red Bull stable has come. The Jr. team was doing him no favors at all, and the change of scenery is hopefully exactly what he needs.

Timmay

Original Poster
Looks like Ricciardo is heading back to Red Bull next year as the reserve. Does this mean he ends up in the Tsunoda seat for 2024 playing the mentor role?

Timmay

Original Poster
They said third driver but not the reserve driver....do you get what that means?
Semantics most likely. To me it means the same role as a reserve driver…and some added publicity stuff since he is so popular. Commentary on the F1 channel, taking the old Red Bull cars out for events, stuff like that. Perez probably said he’s done with that stuff.

Timmay

Original Poster
Well, here we go. A lot of “last” today.

Very nice tribute to Vettel during the opening sequence.

Timmay

Original Poster
Well, 2022 is in the books. 2023 season literally starts tomorrow with testing. And yes, I’ll be watching. Lol.

Perez just needs to be flat out more consistent to get to that next level. Far too many mistakes when passing other cars today. Ends up he loses 2nd place today even if he had gotten around Verstappen last week.

20% of the field of drivers will be gone, but we know that Andrew is super excited about the return of Hulkenberg. So long, Seb. I’ve truly enjoyed watching you on the track.

My star of the year wasn’t a driver, but it was in fact the car. Even with the dominant performance of Verstappen, the wheel to wheel racing was something we haven’t seen in a decade. A few more tweaks and things will get even better.

The season starts a few weeks earlier next year…March 3rd I believe. 24 races. Already pretty excited to see what happens.

Timmay

Original Poster

I mean, I get why they wanted him to stop. With major testing of new tires coming up this week, Haas kinda needs that power unit/drive train to be working.

I really want to see more teams win next year. I would love to have 6different teams with wins. In the last 9 years, we have only had 7 different teams with wins. Outside of the big three, there has been AlphaTauri, Racing Point, Alpine, and McLaren.

Last edited:

Timmay

Original Poster
It would appear Mattia Binotto has given his resignation to Ferrari. He will stay on until Dec 31.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom