Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2022

gerarar

Premium Member
Despite the big cuts in pyro in 2021 and again this year, it's very telling when the show continues to impress.

I just hope one day the original pyro could return. Even if the two launchers near BTMR and Tron don't return, at least restore the original castle/stage/FL pyro..

Wanted to retract part of what I said. Turns out they didn't cut out the stage pyro this year. It's still there, it's just that it's been cut from many performances thus far, probably due to the rainy weather on some of the party nights.

The stage pyro are two sets of two comets w/ tails, used in the finale song during "My favorite gift is you! Na na na na na" part. Glad it hasn't been cut unlike the rest of the castle/FL pyro however..
Screenshot_20221118_082556.jpg

And livestream from last night showing said stage pyro in action.

GimpYancIent

Steamboat Willie was released November 18th, 1928, and fans celebrate the date as Mickeys Birthday. It would have been nice to get a mention by B.C. & Co. particularly to enhance enthusiasm for the upcoming holiday season and projected MVMCP.

WorldExplorer

Steamboat Willie was released November 18th, 1928, and fans celebrate the date as Mickeys Birthday. It would have been nice to get a mention by B.C. & Co. particularly to enhance enthusiasm for the upcoming holiday season and projected MVMCP.

The general lack of anything worth mentioning for Mickey and Minnie's birthday always makes me sad.

Make up a holiday for Star Wars. Make up a holiday for Disney+. Make up a week for the princesses.

But Mickey and Minnie aren't worth it, I guess.

JoeCamel

The general lack of anything worth mentioning for Mickey and Minnie's birthday always makes me sad.

Make up a holiday for Star Wars. Make up a holiday for Disney+. Make up a week for the princesses.

But Mickey and Minnie aren't worth it, I guess.
At least the imagineers remembered when they built the Mermaid queue. Was it sunny at noon yesterday?

Skibum1970

In the past, the castle has had the lights that make it look like icicles hanging. Did they do away with that completely as no videos of the Party has shown that? If so, is that only during the 50th celebration? I really enjoyed how the castle looked.

solidyne

Is this such an odd thing when in fact the events are limited to only 18k per night. It used to be in the mid-20k And yet, the feedback continues to be consistent with yours... Most of the guests say it's more crowded than ever. Factually it is not. But you are not alone in your perception that it is. And that is one pickle Disney World is in. The expectation guests have now apparently is now different versus pre-COVID.
Why should they pay more to pack more people into more non-revenue-generating ride vehicles, when they can pack them in to the sidewalks, generating cupcake dollars? Why should they bother even to keep the attractions open. Just shut 'em down. MK has plenty.

How many boats are running in JC these days? We were shocked by @lentesta 's data on this a few months back, and now it's just—ho hum—accepted as normal.

We chuckle knowingly at the WSJ article, but I'll bet we're the only ones reading!

Disone

Why should they pay more to pack more people into more non-revenue-generating ride vehicles, when they can pack them in to the sidewalks, generating cupcake dollars? Why should they bother even to keep the attractions open. Just shut 'em down. MK has plenty.

How many boats are running in JC these days? We were shocked by @lentesta 's data on this a few months back, and now it's just—ho hum—accepted as normal.

We chuckle knowingly at the WSJ article, but I'll bet we're the only ones reading!
JC is an exception. They have lost several boats to engine problems. It is not.... I'm running less boats because they don't drive revenue.

Space mountain runs with its full allotment of coaster cars as does big thunder. Most the attractions are running up their optimum capacity. There are exceptions such as splash, mountain and jungle cruise. But that is not a reflection of a willful intent to run less ride vehicles because they don't drive revenue.

Honestly that's not a thing.

Last edited:

solidyne

[...] Most the attractions are running up their optimum capacity. [...]
Is this true for sure? If so, does "optimum" mean "maximum"? Maybe to them "optimum" means "financially optimal."

Just askin'. If the attractions are at full tilt, that's great! What explains, then, the more crowded "feeling" even when numbers are down?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom