Blizzard Beach Construction

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I mean... Epcot.

First it was The Three Caballeros. Ok, fine, it's just one ride and it fits.
Then it was Nemo. "I guess it sort of fits, whatever, as long as they don't keep doing this."
Then Frozen. "This doesn't fit at all other than the setting is Nordic."
Then Ratatouille. (same as above, it doesn't fit other than it takes place in Paris)
Then they changed the night show from world unity to a Disney sing-a-long.
Then Guardians. It doesn't fit at all but they made it a sort of parody of a Future World pavilion and Epcot needed a roller coaster.
Then Moana. Wrong land. Wrong park. Wrong everything.

And then what WOULD/MIGHT have been/will be....

Mary Poppins. Every IP in PLAY. Every IP in Spaceship Earth. We go on and on and on.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I generally think people are a bit too suspicious on these boards.
This is where you kinda lag behind.

This is all pattern, not “suspicion”…they are doing pretty dumb things thematically.

Guardians is a really great ride…it doesn’t belong in Epcot at all. Plenty of reason to at least ask the questions?

Last edited:

Chi84

Premium Member
Campaigning outside the gates, perhaps, or else posting angrily about it here.
Campaigning outside the gates against Disney adding Disney characters to a theme park owned and operated by Disney?

I can’t believe this current thread. Disney is adding popular characters to the kids’ area of a water park. My grandkids recognize those characters and will love seeing Olaf figures! This is an area specifically designed to entertain and delight small children and Frozen will do that.

WondersOfLife

Also they're absolutely going to put Moana in Typhoon Lagoon now lol
I honestly could see this being the first step in an eventual Frozen re-theme.
I'm gonna be honest... I'd be fine with both of these. In fact, I'm SUPER shocked that IPs haven't been incorporated to this extent already...

I'm not crazy attached to the water parks... And it'd be great for a bunch of mainstream Disney characters to ACTUALLY take people away from the main parks.

LittleBuford

This is all pattern, not “suspicion”…they are doing pretty dumb things thematically.
Again, I’ve listed examples of my own that defy the pattern some of you here are referring to. Events may prove you right, in which case I’ll be the first to apologise. Unless and until that happens, I’m not going to view this as anything more than a fun, appropriate, and self-contained addition.

WondersOfLife

Campaigning outside the gates against Disney adding Disney characters to a theme park owned and operated by Disney?

I can’t believe this current thread. Disney is adding popular characters to the kids’ area of a water park. My grandkids recognize those characters and will love seeing Olaf figures! This is an area specifically designed to entertain and delight small children and Frozen will do that.
I have moved on from Disney creating/keeping original stories with original characters about 5 or 7 year ago...

At this point, I'm shocked that Country Bears, Carousel of Progress, Spaceship Earth, Hall of Presidents, Enchanted Tiki Room, and literally anything else without an IP Tie-In have stuck around this long... Heck... Even TTA PeopleMover had a very strong IP-Tie In Rumor for a while. How even?

I'm not saying I LIKE this change... I'm just saying that it is way too far gone to expect anything otherwise. It's not worth being upset about anymore.

lazyboy97o

Were small children not entertained and delighted before now? Would small children not be delighted to see Mirabel and the rest of her family?

StarWarsGirl

Then Ratatouille. (same as above, it doesn't fit other than it takes place in Paris)
You had me until this one. Ratatouille is a fantastic fit for this pavilion. The area and expansion make it one of the best pavilions in WS. Plus, this is a clone of a ride that's actually in Paris and features a decent amount of French. Of all the IPs in Epcot, I'd argue that this one is currently the best fit.

Three Caballeros only one of them is even Mexican; Jose Carioca is Brazilian.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

You know the apprehension. You don’t have to agree with it or support it.

Hell, in this case I don’t either…but the “I can’t believe this thread…” is a complete exaggeration and very much in line with people calling for conspiracy theories.

Wondering about Disney forcing IP where it doesn’t belong is valid and we all know that. Doesn’t mean it has to takeover and derail a thread about blizzards Maintenance.

It’s been said and we can move on. Everyone knows this…it’s not personal.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Again, I’ve listed examples of my own that defy the pattern some of you here are referring to. Events may prove you right, in which case I’ll be the first to apologise. Unless and until that happens, I’m not going to view this as anything more than a fun, appropriate, and self-contained addition.
So if there are any outliers then no pattern Is formed?

…well…that’s a new math concept 🤔

LittleBuford

So if there are any outliers then no pattern Is formed?

…well…that’s a new math concept 🤔
That isn’t what I said. You see a pattern, I see things differently. We’re not going to change each other’s perception, so rather than try, I’d rather just agree to disagree. If it turns out I’m wrong about this one in the months or years ahead, feel free to tag me.

_caleb

christmas vacation GIF

flynnibus

Premium Member
But idling about is an action (or rather inaction).
- Failure to notice through lack of effort
- Not putting forth the effort to consider the lead on effects
- Lackadaisical approach to opportunities given (to learn/appreciate in this case)

Take whatever elaboration you prefer... it doesn't really matter -- the net is the same. Being oblivious to the movement around... and worse.. having amble opportunity to be snapped out of the daze.

But some are happy to put up the blinders and focus on what is left.

Action in this case is putting forth the effort to at least be up to speed if you are going to interject the same points again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom