Letchworth State Park

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
We have ours. We just haven’t gotten one for A yet. Kids passports are only good for five years so there’s no sense getting them until you have an actual trip planned and thanks to Covid we didn’t
Dude, when I was a kid, I was on my mom's passport. Still have the pictures. Don't remember the rules, but I know that we have passport pictures with my mom holding both of us, and she (we all) flew on that for years.

Regardless, that was the 1960s, so totally agree, whatever goes now.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I'll admit, I don't know about Back Across. Paging @Monty and @JenniferS , although neither one of them is a US passport holder.

I'll bet actual money that @Monty knows the answer.
Under 16 can present Birth Certificate if arriving by land or sea. Passport required if arriving by air.

Into Canada:

Into the US:

ETA: In both directions if the child is not traveling with both parents, it’s highly recommended to carry a notarized letter from the non-traveling parent(s) giving permission to travel, include date of departure and return.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Under 16 can present Birth Certificate if arriving by land or sea. Passport required if arriving by air.

Into Canada:

Into the US:

ETA: In both directions if the child is not traveling with both parents, it’s highly recommended to carry a notarized letter from the non-traveling parent(s) giving permission to travel, include date of departure and return.
So, I win, right?? :D:cool:

Actual money. 💰

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
So, I win, right?? :D:cool:

Actual money. 💰
I actually had to google it to be sure. Covid changed so many rules since I had to worry about traveling with Morgan as a “child”. He’s also flown more than driven, so always had his own passport since it became mandatory after 9/11.

I guess I did “know”, but needed to confirm. The question is with whom did you bet and will they pay?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I'll admit, I don't know about Back Across. Paging @Monty and @JenniferS , although neither one of them is a US passport holder.

I'll bet actual money that @Monty knows the answer.
Americans need a passport to enter Canada. Canadians need a passport to enter the US.

You don’t need to enter the opposite country to view NF. Both sides offer different and unique views of each set.

Not sure about kids - mine have had them since the age of 7.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I actually had to google it to be sure. Covid changed so many rules since I had to worry about traveling with Morgan as a “child”. He’s also flown more than driven, so always had his own passport since it became mandatory after 9/11.

I guess I did “know”, but needed to confirm. The question is with whom did you bet and will they pay?

Americans need a passport to enter Canada. Canadians need a passport to enter the US.

You don’t need to enter the opposite country to view NF. Both sides offer different and unique views of each set.

Not sure about kids - mine have had them since the age of 7.

First of all, my Canadian friends, I'm truly sorry about the exchange rate. My American Dollar is not winning me friends in any of the countries in which I have people...

@Monty I totally just sucked you into this thread because you're brilliant...and Canadian.

@JenniferS I'm sorry to say that it took me a LONG time to figure out that NF meant Niagara Falls and not Newfoundland. I think I might be half Canadian, you know that my dad actually emigrated from Ireland to England to Canada!! I could have been Canadian!!!

Anyway, if you've ever seen Peggy's Cove, it looks exactly like The Burren in County Clare, Ireland, pretty much straight across the Atlantic Ocean.

@SteveBrickNJ I'm sorry that I kind of hijacked your thread...:banghead:

DryerLintFan

Premium Member

Into Canada:

Into the US:

Good call on the letter. I’ve heard some stories of being held up at customs, especially being that A and I don’t share the same last name.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom