Letchworth State Park

Lilofan

I AM CONSTANTLY FRUSTRATED BY THAT.
Disney keeps getting more and more expensive.
Their recent price increases are mentioned here...
You can go to England or Scotland or Ireland for 7 days and not pay any more than if you went to Disney for 7 days.
In fact, maybe it would be slightly cheaper to see any of those 3 countries.
Yet my best friend and his wife have gone to Disney every other year for 35 years.
There is an entire planet they have never seen....yet every 24 months they just pay whatever Disney asks them to.
Many are like that. They stay in their county and travel to their neighboring towns for 24 months.....life at home....go to work...go out to eat in their local community....save money regularly for Disney....go to Disney....spend the next 2 years doing that all over again.....then the next 2 years all over again....eventually you are old and you look back on your life and what did you see on this earth: 1) Your local county 2) Disney.
Maybe I’m off base but the ones who continually go to WDW and little to nothing else are more critical on every little thing parks and resorts . If one goes to new surrounds with a new sense of eyes and adventure it’s more of an enjoyable experience in my book. Some though just like to go to the same old same old, their choice which I understand.

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
Maybe I’m off base but the ones who continually go to WDW and little to nothing else are more critical on every little thing parks and resorts . If one goes to new surrounds with a new sense of eyes and adventure it’s more of an enjoyable experience in my book. Some though just like to go to the same old same old, their choice which I understand.
Well that's good that in your last sentence you say : "which I understand". You are a better person than I am :)....I honestly don't understand.
I think if they went to Disney 10 times or more already then that is more than enough.
TRY SOMEWHERE ELSE! 😂 :cool:;)

🌏🌍🌎

Last edited:

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I AM CONSTANTLY FRUSTRATED BY THAT.
Disney keeps getting more and more expensive.
Their recent price increases are mentioned here...
You can go to England or Scotland or Ireland for 7 days and not pay any more than if you went to Disney for 7 days.
In fact, maybe it would be slightly cheaper to see any of those 3 countries.
Yet my best friend and his wife have gone to Disney every other year for 35 years.
There is an entire planet they have never seen....yet every 24 months they just pay whatever Disney asks them to.
Many are like that. They stay in their county and travel to their neighboring towns for 24 months.....life at home....go to work...go out to eat in their local community....save money regularly for Disney....go to Disney....spend the next 2 years doing that all over again.....then the next 2 years all over again....eventually you are old and you look back on your life and what did you see on this earth: 1) Your local county 2) Disney.

I think It’sa comfort zone thing. I love to travel and I’ve been all over the world and have so Many new places I still want to see, but I do understand people who go back to what they know. It’s easier, less stressful, and more predictable. You don’t have to keep tabs on whether that countries government still likes ours, the exchange rate, visas and passports and customs regulations, learn entirely different transportation systems, learn basic phrases in different languages, worry about being pickpocketed, what shoots you need for diseases we eradicated here, etc. Sure you also don’t get to experience the culture’s and environments and true beauty around the world, but there’s so much more that goes into international travel than just cost.

Lilofan

I think It’sa comfort zone thing. I love to travel and I’ve been all over the world and have so Many new places I still want to see, but I do understand people who go back to what they know. It’s easier, less stressful, and more predictable. You don’t have to keep tabs on whether that countries government still likes ours, the exchange rate, visas and passports and customs regulations, learn entirely different transportation systems, learn basic phrases in different languages, worry about being pickpocketed, what shoots you need for diseases we eradicated here, etc. Sure you also don’t get to experience the culture’s and environments and true beauty around the world, but there’s so much more that goes into international travel than just cost.
My late friend and former peer went on the Disney Wonder with his wife. While at Paradise Island sitting on a park bench minding his own business a local came up to him and hit him on the shins 2x. Turns out the local didn’t like my friend T shirt - the American flag.

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
In Ireland, Scotland and England they speak english.
Just show your passport and enjoy.
Yup, there were more things on your list.
Yet exchange rate doesn't have to be a problem.
Use a Capital One or Citibank card and charge everything on your credit card.
Those two banks will convert the Euro to Dollars for no fee.
Or travel here in the United states.
See Letchworth State Park and then continue on to Niagara Falls.
....or see the Grand Canyon.
This Christmas in Virginia...

etc., etc. etc :)
I'm done now.
Hopefully my thoughts on this topic didn't cost me too many friends.
I enjoy my time here and I value my friends.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom