We Survived Ian … in an RV. Another JenniferS Live Trip Report

trr1

I remember that commercial !! :joyfull:
At one time, all Dunkin’ Donuts franchisees had to attend school to learn how to make their donuts from scratch. It took weeks of schooling to do this. Today, however, that has changed. Dunkin’ Donuts franchises now receive their donuts daily on a truck. They’re frozen and ready to be baked.

So yes, Dunkin’ Donuts is a bakery and they do bake their donuts, but they no longer make them from scratch because that’s done elsewhere. They call the process “bake on demand,” which is a very efficient way of creating donuts.
And
Yes, Dunkin’ Donuts bakes their donuts on site. Afterwards, they decorate them so that there’s a variety of donuts for customers to choose from. The donuts are made fresh at another location and delivered to the various franchises on a daily basis. Their only job is to bake and decorate the donuts once they receive them.

Lilofan

I 've been to the Dunkin donuts in Gulf Breeze and the one here in Mt Pleasant and they were terrible I think they were made the day before --dry and stale.
The Dunkins near me get the donuts delivered at 4am and the places open at 6am. Once they sell out that's it. After about 2pm the quality decline when donuts just sit there and some taste very stale. 6-10am is when it tastes fresh. I came in one afternoon and I saw the mgr throwing out donuts however. I asked him he said they were no longer good and he then gave me approx 10 variety of donuts for free. The microwave at home brought them back to life. Ask and you may receive.

Last edited:

KeithVH

At one time, all Dunkin’ Donuts franchisees had to attend school to learn how to make their donuts from scratch. It took weeks of schooling to do this. Today, however, that has changed. Dunkin’ Donuts franchises now receive their donuts daily on a truck. They’re frozen and ready to be baked.

So yes, Dunkin’ Donuts is a bakery and they do bake their donuts, but they no longer make them from scratch because that’s done elsewhere. They call the process “bake on demand,” which is a very efficient way of creating donuts.
And
Yes, Dunkin’ Donuts bakes their donuts on site. Afterwards, they decorate them so that there’s a variety of donuts for customers to choose from. The donuts are made fresh at another location and delivered to the various franchises on a daily basis. Their only job is to bake and decorate the donuts once they receive them.
This makes so much sense! Was at DEN last week travelling, stopped at the small shop in the terminal, and was thinking "There's like only 2 donuts in all the racks and the only difference is they're decorated differently". Kinda sad realization compared to years ago. But they had coconut covered so I didn't care and made a pig of myself . . .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom