Epcot's 40th Anniversary

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Some archive photos of 40 years at EPCOT.

Epcot_Full_48708.jpg
Epcot_Full_48713.jpg

Click for more at

tcool123

So does this translate to anything special beyond the merchandise, snacks and cupcake brigade?

A "surprise" cavalcade perhaps?

Figments Friend

I wonder if they'll stick a giant "40" roundel on Spaceship Earth like they did at Magic Kingdom's castle. Because otherwise, you'd never know there was a notable anniversary going on.

I was over at Epcot the other day and caught a showing of Mariachi Cobre.
During their opening introduction, one of the musicians stated that they have been there since EPCOT Center's Opening Day and will be celebrating their 40th Anniversary along with the Park's 40th come October.

There were also a couple other CMs I talked to that were aware of it and actively referring to it which was a welcome surprise...this early.
Two weeks to go, and some there are already acknowledging the 40th

I will admit, it made me smile.
:)

-

Figments Friend

So does this translate to anything special beyond the merchandise, snacks and cupcake brigade?

A "surprise" cavalcade perhaps?

Fans are meeting up on October 1st in the Park to celebrate the anniversary in our own way.
In the spirit of prior 'fan rallies' such as the huge gathering we had for the 25th Anniversary of Epcot in 2007.

Have a look at the thread currently here on this Forum which contains further details.
The Magic Gardens at the Imaginatiion Pavillion will be the place to be !

-

Beacon Joe

I was over at Epcot the other day and caught a showing of Mariachi Cobre.
During their opening introduction, one of the musicians stated that they have been there since EPCOT Center's Opening Day and will be celebrating their 40th Anniversary along with the Park's 40th come October.

There were also a couple other CMs I talked to that were aware of it and actively referring to it which was a welcome surprise...this early.
Two weeks to go, and some there are already acknowledging the 40th

I will admit, it made me smile.

-

That is cool. I didn't know it's been the same mariachi band all along.

Beacon Joe

To go back even further, they have history with playing at Disneyland as well, before Epcot. They've been with the company for an extremely long time.

Nice. I wonder if I saw them back in Disneyland.

It's cool info like this that keeps me coming back here, despite having no desire to go to a Disney park that isn't in Tokyo any time soon.

vikescaper

I would but I'm doing the after hours party. I was expecting to watch Harmonious just because of the tag. Looks like I won't have to waste time on that show ever again. More time for SSE lights.
We have a 2:20 reservation at Via Napoli for a belated birthday meal but I am going to tell my mom and sister that we should just hop to another park after the reservation. With it being a Saturday and Food and Wine going on, I don’t see a reason to stay until park close anymore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom