News Zootopia and Moana Blue Sky concepts for Disney's Animal Kingdom

MagicHappens1971

Did they actually say they want to replace all of dinoland with this? I feel like there would continue to be some element of dinosaurs at the park. This seems more like replacing the carnival area and building backwards.
It would seem as though the combo of Moana/Zootopia land will take over all of the space that Dinoland USA sits upon, with even possible expansion outside of the current boundaries of the park

UNCgolf

Did they actually say they want to replace all of dinoland with this? I feel like there would continue to be some element of dinosaurs at the park. This seems more like replacing the carnival area and building backwards.

The Moana part would mainly replace the carnival area. The potential phase 2 is Zootopia and would replace the Dinosaur ride and all the other remaining dino stuff.

SNS

The Moana part would mainly replace the carnival area. The potential phase 2 is Zootopia and would replace the Dinosaur ride and all the other remaining dino stuff.

And someone pointed out before that the concept art for the Shanghai Zootopia ride seems to use the Indiana Jones/Dinosaur ride system which would seal its fate to be replaced with a clone of that.

mightynine

I just hope Water’s agent is working on a new deal for his client at WDW. That’s a lot of journeys between two parks! Just think of the mileage!

MagicHappens1971

The scope is irrelevant. They're not addressing the needs of the park even before you realize these IPs would entirely fly in the face of Animal Kingdom's theme.
My point is we don't know how many attractions positive/negative this expansion will yield. Is Moana Splash being built where the Boneyard is? Is it being built where Primeval Whirl was? Will there just be the spinner and Moana Splash? Will Zootopia have more than one attraction? We have no idea, so I think with all that being said it is too soon to say whether or not they're addressing the "needs of the park" (which to them is just more $$$ being spent by guests)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom