News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

ppete1975

Only good thing is them announcing they are considering building paat the current boundaries (much needed). I also love the idea that wed have a new land and in the distant something ominous. Hopefully they would do the bald mountain/villain mountain concept. Best case would be like 2030 based on Disneys recent history.

I doubt any of it happens but at least they are saying we could grow outward

Animaniac93-98

"New Frontierland" looks like an attempt to bridge Frontierland with Fantasyland by having a mix of IPs that visually tie into whatever location they're placed next to. In this case, Coco near the southwest themed section Frontierland and Villains by Haunted Mansion.

But seeing all three grouped together and just plopped down in a corner of MK looks so random. It's a smorgasbord of Disney+ titles that's totally lacking in the cohesive design language that makes MK work in the first place.

DCLcruiser

Coco doesnt belong in epcot. If you are talking about replacing gran fiesta. Theres no room. Unless you make the queue go behind the building and build onto epcot behind the pyramid. The current area and queue structure wouldnt handle it. Gran fiesta is perfect for what little space there is.
I do not want to replace Gran Fiesta, I like that ride. I feel like Cocoland would fit as it is realistic (to a point), and cultural. There is an unused pad next to Mexico. Look on Google Maps. It's a parking lot and some small back of the house buildings.

Amidala

@wdwmagic I think we need a new sub-forum "Beyond Big Thunder Mountain."

First impressions:

1) Coco belongs in EPCOT
2) Encanto, eh, catchy song but I dunno. Maybe it will be an omnimover ride? Or are we actually opening doors in a walkthrough.
3) Villians, that should be an entire new park.
RE: your first point...not necessarily? There are nods to Coco throughout Disneyland's Frontierland. The American cowboy was heavily inspired by Mexican vaqueros. I think the Land of the Dead would be a pretty reasonable expansion for Frontierland. Definitely preferable to Zootopia in Animal Kingdom imo. Whether or not it will actually happen remains to be seen.

An Encanto village and dark ride (through the Casita, Mystic Manor style) would be fantastic. It writes itself. I do think this would have been a nice fit for a Colombia pavilion in Epcot, but not opposed to an addition to MK.

I've never gotten the hype for a villains park or area and frankly felt pretty embarrassed to see it mentioned here. It felt like pretty shameless fan service - a way to get hardcore fans hyped and pull attention from Epic Universe without even giving an idea of what this villains area would entail, who it would feature, where it would go.

ppete1975

I do not want to replace Gran Fiesta, I like that ride. I feel like Cocoland would fit as it is realistic (to a point), and cultural. There is an unused pad next to Mexico. Look on Google Maps. It's a parking lot and some small back of the house buildings.
Thats why i worded it the way i did, incase you had a different placement than most people that mention coco. I dont see them giving that space up as a pad. Or running two rides for mexico. But thats just based on history.
Good news is they wont put coco in mk. Cause none of thats going to be built

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
If any of this moves forward I will be surprised to see Tom Sawyer Island survives. It's not "beyond" BTMR but it does look like it could be developed as natural looking from away but redeveloped into magical lands beyond.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom