News D23 Expo 2022

jaxonp

At the end of the day, they know people will keep going to WDW and pay the asking price. They may not be the same people, but they won’t run out of guests in the short to medium term.

Nothing will change drastically until that no longer happens.

I really hope universal knocks it outta the park… Disney needs to play catch-up again… guess they didn’t learn from Potter

UNCgolf

At the end of the day, they know people will keep going to WDW and pay the asking price. They may not be the same people, but they won’t run out of guests in the short to medium term.

This is exactly what I was thinking. They don't see any reason to spend more money at WDW right now, unless it's a relatively small amount that helps push merchandise.

EPCOT-O.G.

What is happening? I’m very confused. Are we getting an expansion?

Is nothing really being built after TRON and Tiana? The structure of this is all over the place.
Are you familiar with the concept of Schrödinger's cat? A thought experiment where something could be both alive and dead at the same time?

Some may look at this as no new confirmed attractions after TRON and Tiana. Others will say this confirms greenlit projects (“an idea” and a vague animation) to include Coco, Encanto, Zootopia, and a Villains Land.

Disney was intentionally opaque and will rely on their loyal supporters to defend their decision (to make or not to make, whether they exceed or fall short of expectations) whatever may come of these.

I view the Villains “news” as a hedge against the reception of Epic Universe.

Sir_Cliff

This makes me think that they really still have very little to announce about Tiana's Bayou Adventure. They really could have filled some time with AA designs, some facts and figures, explaining the storyline, etc. Instead, they briefly talked about the attraction in general terms and filled up that segment with songs from the film before going into some kind of weird filler discussing what could possibly happen one day but is still not planned to happen.

TalkingHead

Literally every decision at WDW for the past 20 years has been based on this understanding. It’ll probably be true for the next 20 years, too. It’s cynical but that’s where this company is in 2022.

It’s also why some of us have just stopped visiting. We don’t feel like we’re missing much.

Cmdr_Crimson

Welp.....Guess it all boils down to it...

bPYYKZf.gif

fgmnt

The worst part is that two years from now, forumites will still be continuously and breathlessly asking for and expecting lots of specific details and news from D23.

Lesson won't be learned.
Being disappointed by this must suck. I'm over here slightly amused that we got 20 minutes of chatting about someone's artstation portfolio as meaningful announcement content. The C-suite equivalent of realizing your term paper was due one evening and you had not yet started it.

I guess, cards on the table, I am disappointed that they are slow rolling the reopening of WDWRR, but at least I also get to be amused that it will have taken them 6 turns of the calendar to open a single cloned roller coaster.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom